JDSLabs C421 Preorder is live...
Oct 10, 2012 at 2:21 PM Post #616 of 692
Got my amp back today, very quick, amazing service, it looks sooo nice, will post pics tomorrow and impressions if the ferrite change changed sound quality

Oct 10, 2012 at 3:52 PM Post #617 of 692
Quote:
Oh oh got you!
You are talking about distortion then...

No distortion with the c421.
In fact, I bought the c421 at first to drive my Denon D5000s (which are actually not that power hungry!) because on my CmoyBB, sound distorted a lot when increasing volume. Same headphone on the c421, clean as a whistle (even with bass boost active! though I did not use this function a whole lot!)

Yea and it's not the cMoy this I have confirmed... it's the files and ALL OF THEM, that WHOLE album sound like garbage... I must got a bad rip of it sadly...

That being said I'm sure I'll still buy the c421 [you have the AP8620 one yes, my cMoy has the 2227 chip and I don't want another amp with that chip, one is plenty <3]

But yea the cMoy is fine it's the files... such a shame! Still though as I said b4... I'm sure I'll buy this amp just for the heck of it <3 

Oct 10, 2012 at 9:33 PM Post #618 of 692
Quote:
.. I'm curious how does the c421 AP8260 sound with DT 880s, is it strong enough to power a 250 Ohm can..

I have used it with my DT 880 600 Ohm cans it it sounded really good - even on the low setting.  IMO it isn't going to give my 600Ohm version everything it needs to make them shine, but it was a very satisfying experience.  I am awaiting the return of my beloved amp... I got an email today stating it was shipped today!  Less than a week turnaround time
biggrin.gif

More Kudos to John.  I will give it another listen when I get it back and post a fresh impression. 

The amp was sent in for the ferrite change and the black end plates- I doubt it will affect the DT 880 sound, but it should on my IEMs.  I am sure the black end plates will make it sound even more awesome! (just don't ask me to do any A/B tests or provide any measurable results
dt880smile.png
)

Oct 10, 2012 at 9:43 PM Post #619 of 692
Quote:

I have used it with my DT 880 600 Ohm cans it it sounded really good - even on the low setting.  IMO it isn't going to give my 600Ohm version everything it needs to make them shine, but it was a very satisfying experience.  I am awaiting the return of my beloved amp... I got an email today stating it was shipped today!  Less than a week turnaround time
biggrin.gif

More Kudos to John.  I will give it another listen when I get it back and post a fresh impression. 

The amp was sent in for the ferrite change and the black end plates- I doubt it will affect the DT 880 sound, but it should on my IEMs.  I am sure the black end plates will make it sound even more awesome! (just don't ask me to do any A/B tests or provide any measurable results
dt880smile.png
)

Good to hear <3 

Oct 11, 2012 at 2:27 AM Post #620 of 692
Just ordered my c421 op2227 a few days ago, has anyone ordered it from singapore? im want to know an estimate for delivery. Found out the free engraving after I ordered, sent an email few hours later and they managed to personalize my name on it. I'd say thats freaking great service! By the way, anyone has an experience with the c421 op2227 with the westone um3x and ipod classic?

Oct 11, 2012 at 8:59 AM Post #621 of 692
Ferrite change did up the sound, as my Shure SE535 did sound a bit muffled and the bass wasnt tight or quick with severe roll-off before, now they are much better balanced and defined. Great work John

and now for the work of art (so sexy in my opinion):

Oct 11, 2012 at 9:53 AM Post #623 of 692
Quote:
Ferrite change did up the sound, as my Shure SE535 did sound a bit muffled and the bass wasnt tight or quick with severe roll-off before, now they are much better balanced and defined. Great work John

and now for the work of art (so sexy in my opinion):

AAARRGHHH I FREAKING HATE YOU!!!! hehehe

(I love Thursday!)

Oct 11, 2012 at 10:06 AM Post #626 of 692
Black endplates, also replaced 11ohm ferrite with a 2ohm one

Thursday truly were amazing

Oct 11, 2012 at 10:33 AM Post #628 of 692
nothing, John is a great guy, he will replace the ferrite for free, you pay for the black end plates and you can get free custom engraving with every order.

mine went from portugal to the US and back in less than 2 weeks, amazing service and super quick. also the work is top notch, i highly reccomend JDS Labs.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back