JDSLabs C421 Preorder is live...
Sep 27, 2012 at 2:14 PM Post #587 of 692
Lowers output impedance, better for low impedance IEMs and headphones, had to do with damping factor. As the previous 11ohm output was very high. It affects the frequency response, mainly the bass I think

Sep 27, 2012 at 2:17 PM Post #588 of 692
Quote:
Lowers output impedance, better for low impedance IEMs and headphones, had to do with damping factor. As the previous 11ohm output was very high. It affects the frequency response, mainly the bass I think

Damn, you shouldn't have told me that! Now I also want to send mine back! Damn, damn, damn... 
biggrin.gif

Sep 27, 2012 at 2:34 PM Post #589 of 692
Look up output impedance importance, and damping factor.

The ferrite change is free

I'm a IEM guy, so important for me.

Sep 30, 2012 at 1:08 PM Post #591 of 692
Just received my upgraded black end plates yesterday and they look fantastic. They are 2-3 mm thicker than the original silver so the switches will sit a little more inward on the unit.  I have to wait to install them though as i shipped my unit to JDS for the ferrite swap/mod which i decided to do after i had already ordered the plates. John stated that it was a 10 min procedure so im hoping the turn around is quick and i ll have it back in hand next week.

Sep 30, 2012 at 2:32 PM Post #592 of 692
Quote:
Just received my upgraded black end plates yesterday and they look fantastic. They are 2-3 mm thicker than the original silver so the switches will sit a little more inward on the unit.  I have to wait to install them though as i shipped my unit to JDS for the ferrite swap/mod which i decided to do after i had already ordered the plates. John stated that it was a 10 min procedure so im hoping the turn around is quick and i ll have it back in hand next week.

What was the shipped cost for the new endplates?

Oct 1, 2012 at 9:15 AM Post #595 of 692
putente: "randomkind" has given a reasonable answer. Output-Z should be no more than 1/8 the value of your headphone impedance. So, a 10 ohm source (amp) should be paired with 80+ ohm headphones to minimize impact on frequency response. The entire audible frequency range can be altered, not just bass.

In simplest terms, lower output-Z means more ideal performance with lower impedance headphones.

Oct 1, 2012 at 12:23 PM Post #596 of 692
Quote:
putente: "randomkind" has given a reasonable answer. Output-Z should be no more than 1/8 the value of your headphone impedance. So, a 10 ohm source (amp) should be paired with 80+ ohm headphones to minimize impact on frequency response. The entire audible frequency range can be altered, not just bass.

In simplest terms, lower output-Z means more ideal performance with lower impedance headphones.

Ok, thanks! I also wanted to know what you had to say about the ferrite change... 
smile.gif

But what about the new endplates in silver? Any plans on making them also in silver in the near future, or they'll be only available in black?

Oct 1, 2012 at 9:27 PM Post #599 of 692
Quote:

Ok, thanks! I also wanted to know what you had to say about the ferrite change... 
smile.gif

But what about the new endplates in silver? Any plans on making them also in silver in the near future, or they'll be only available in black?

We'll keep a small inventory of new endplates in silver, so you're welcome to make a special request. Couldn't have called it Black Edition if we kept it silver, now could we?

Oct 1, 2012 at 9:46 PM Post #600 of 692
John,  the all black is damn sexy. Do you have to add in the notes step in the order process to request the ferrite change for lower impedance headphones and such?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back