JDS Labs C5/C5D (pg96) portable amp/amp+DAC
Feb 20, 2014 at 8:24 AM Post #2,221 of 3,417
HI,

I just noticed this thread in my search for a DAC/Amp combo for my Samsung Note 2. How does it match with the AT CK100Pro? Also, I am using the Neutron MP player; is there any issue between this software and the C5D?

Thanks.

Be careful. Will not work if you use the updated 4.3

Feb 21, 2014 at 2:10 AM Post #2,224 of 3,417
Settings > about phone

Flashed AOKP KitKat nightly yesterday on my S3, still no audio out, I give up, I never use my phone for audio anyway.

Feb 21, 2014 at 2:33 AM Post #2,225 of 3,417
Settings > about phone

Flashed AOKP KitKat nightly yesterday on my S3, still no audio out, I give up, I never use my phone for audio anyway.

Weird.  I've got the new Galaxy Tab Pro 8.4 and the audio out works perfectly with the latest software direct from Samsung (4.4.2).  Wonder what they are doing with the phone versions that's different.

Feb 21, 2014 at 4:52 AM Post #2,227 of 3,417
I have again a defective unit of a C5D.
Does anybody also experience problems while using it with the iphone? It stops working, and something in the firmware gets deleted. (as jds labs told me)
It's the second unit, where i have this problem now. It's not working more than two weeks when regularly used with the iphone. (ios 7.0.4)

kind regards
Fabian

Feb 21, 2014 at 5:32 AM Post #2,228 of 3,417
Does anybody also experience problems while using it with the iphone? It stops working, and something in the firmware gets deleted. (as jds labs told me)
It's the second unit, where i have this problem now. It's not working more than two weeks when regularly used with the iphone. (ios 7.0.4)

kind regards
Fabian

My issue was the Lightning CCK cable...after that I changed this cable all is fine with iPhone 5 7.0.4 :wink:
Hoping that it's the same for you....

Feb 21, 2014 at 7:57 AM Post #2,229 of 3,417
  Has anyone here paired this amp (bass boost max) with the new jh roxanne?  I know its a bit early, but I'm hopeful.

I'm a little curious as to what would you like to achieve with said setup? I'm made to understand that at past 2pm (on the Roxanne's bass dial), it's much more than other JH models (even JH16), thus [potentially] negating the use of the bass boost.
Nevertheless, i'm saving up for the Roxanne, so it's good to know what the pairing is like with the C5D, regardless of bass boost.

Does C5D pair well with Mad Dogs 3.2?

I'd also like to know if it will work with the Alpha Dogs as well. Can't seem to find any impedance measurements on the manufacturer website.

Feb 21, 2014 at 7:59 AM Post #2,230 of 3,417

kind regards
Fabian

Give @miceblue's suggestion a try. (link here)

Mods, sorry for the back-to-back posting. Wasn't quite sure how to add more quotes to an already published post.

Feb 21, 2014 at 8:15 AM Post #2,231 of 3,417
I'm a little curious as to what would you like to achieve with said setup? I'm made to understand that at past 2pm (on the Roxanne's bass dial), it's much more than other JH models (even JH16), thus [potentially] negating the use of the bass boost.
Nevertheless, i'm saving up for the Roxanne, so it's good to know what the pairing is like with the C5D, regardless of bass boost.

I'd also like to know if it will work with the Alpha Dogs as well. Can't seem to find any impedance measurements on the manufacturer website.

Specifications
Alpha Dogs (T50RP)
Frequency Range 15 Hz - 35 kHz
Impedance 50 Ω
Sensitivity 98 dB
Maximum Input Power 3000 mW

Feb 21, 2014 at 11:21 AM Post #2,232 of 3,417

kind regards
Fabian

Emailed you back earlier; it's possible to reset without sending it back to JDS Labs. Less than 1% of C5D users have accidentally erased the DAC's unlocked firmware. Therefore, we're write protecting the DAC in the next batch to prevent this.

Feb 22, 2014 at 4:11 AM Post #2,235 of 3,417
Have anyone here tried this set up?

Ipod classic 7th gen + CLAS + C5

Will be pairing it with a m100..

Can you give some inputs how does it sounds and go?

Thanks!

I've been using Apple iPod Classic 160G → JDS Labs C5 → V-MODA M-100 and I think this combo sounds great!  If you add the CLAS into the mix, I'm pretty sure it will elevate to awesome.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back