JDS Labs ATOM Amp
Aug 13, 2019 at 7:13 PM Post #316 of 641
Try this combo Atom plus Khadas with better headphones then the Momentum to appreciate it even more. :)

I'm a basshead so "better" is a relative term, I tried it with my other headphones that I own and I like it most with the momentum2 overears. They render bass well while it being very meaty, the rest of the spectrum being smooth and detailed enough although for my taste listening mostly to bass heavy EDM and some metal. I plan to order verum-1 in a few weeks though.

Aug 13, 2019 at 8:23 PM Post #319 of 641
I recommend the Atom. Its one of the best bang for your buck.

The big brother to the Atom is the THX 789. Its the same exact sound but with even more power and synergy.

Most of headifer dont need that much power anyway. So, the Atom can be literally endgame for most.

Cheers

Aug 13, 2019 at 8:27 PM Post #320 of 641
I recommend the Atom. Its one of the best bang for your buck.

The big brother to the Atom is the THX 789. Its the same exact sound but with even more power and synergy.

Most of headifer dont need that much power anyway. So, the Atom can be literally endgame for most.

Cheers
The Atom has more power single ended then the 789, fyi

Aug 13, 2019 at 8:28 PM Post #321 of 641
The Atom has more power single ended then the 789, fyi

Thats good. I balance anyway.

I recommend the Atom to all who is on the edge

Aug 17, 2019 at 1:10 AM Post #323 of 641
Helloooo... Can anyone recommend a good quality 3.5mm adapter for the Atom? Available from either Penon or LMYE? The one I'm using already cuts out unless the iem plug is in EXACTLY the right position.. Ooh such a pain!

Last edited:
Aug 17, 2019 at 11:27 PM Post #324 of 641
I am thinking about going for a Topping D10 and Atom setup. I have found the D10 at Amazon, but I cannot find the Atom over there (Amazon Germany). What is a reliable source to buy from?

I know that the JDS website sells it as well, but I thought that perhaps there is a different site with a somewhat lower pricing.

Also, anyone got some tips for interconnect RCA cables? I am looking for a really short one, but the shortest I can find on amazon are around 0.3-0.5 meters.

Last edited:
Aug 18, 2019 at 1:52 AM Post #326 of 641
If you end up ordering from JDS, they also sell short cables.

Yes, I noticed. They are 15 bucks tho, I could get a slightly longer cable from amazon that's about half the price. Suppose I buy from JDS Labs website, do you know if they mark the parcel with a lower value to prevent customs/import fees?

Aug 18, 2019 at 2:04 AM Post #327 of 641
Not according to their site.

Duties and Taxes
All duties and taxes for international shipments are the responsibility of the customer. JDS Labs is not responsible for any extra charges once the original package has been shipped. We have no advance knowledge of such fees, cannot manipulate the values, and cannot pay potential fees for you.

If the customer refuses to pay these extra charges, return shipping expenses and any additional fees due will be deducated from the order upon refund. In the event that extra charges exceed the order value, we may charge those amounts to the credit card originally used for the order.

Aug 18, 2019 at 2:08 AM Post #328 of 641
Not according to their site.

Yes, I read about that too. I thought that's just a front they are putting up, and maybe that they are willing to talk different when people have ordered. This is strange tho, if they are really not willing to change the value of the shipment, it would mean that the vast majority of the people who ordered from them must have paid customs.

This is just another reason why I'm looking around for an alternative to the JDS webshop. Apparently, the Atom isn't sold on Aliexpress.

Aug 18, 2019 at 3:27 AM Post #330 of 641

Users who are viewing this thread

Back