JDS Labs ATOM Amp
Mar 3, 2019 at 2:13 AM Post #167 of 641
just bought the Atom but selected US plug instead of UK, sent them an email to change

should i be worried if JDS won't amend my order?
They are a great company to deal with and sell a great product. A little late for a review but they went above and beyond on my order. I couldn't be happier with the amp either.

You will be fine.

Mar 3, 2019 at 2:27 AM Post #169 of 641
Out of curiosity, anyone here using Mojo as DAC and Atom as amp? V curious how they will pair with 650 and Aeon Flow Open or even say something like Aeolus.

I got tired of waiting for the THX AAA789. Since feedback on the Atom is that it’s a clean amp and a mere $99 as compared to the likes of LCX, THX etc. I thought okay why not the most I’m running is a 300ohm headphone max =)

Mar 3, 2019 at 12:12 PM Post #172 of 641
just bought the Atom but selected US plug instead of UK, sent them an email to change

should i be worried if JDS won't amend my order?
If you emailed it, and it hasn't been shipped yet, it shouldn't be an issue. I sent multiple emails, and I got replied to usually within the day. From what I was told, up to last week, they had a shortage of US plugs, but the other plugs are available. As long as you have the order number, and you tell them, they should be able to assist you promptly. :)

Mar 3, 2019 at 12:16 PM Post #173 of 641
thanks for this! I'm looking at the DA3 and there is ONLY the USB cable that goes from back of unit to source and the two bal & unbal output jacks on the front! How would I then feed the signal to another amp? I asked the Sabaj store on Ali but their communications in english are very limited
Just use simple 3.5mm AUX cable between Sabaj and Atom :) However I believe it is optimized to sound best with its 2.5mm balanced output. I'm waiting for 2.5mm to 3.5m adapter to test this. Both my FH5 and Noble X sounds a TON better from its balanced out, depth is on another level..

Last edited:
Mar 3, 2019 at 12:36 PM Post #174 of 641
If you emailed it, and it hasn't been shipped yet, it shouldn't be an issue. I sent multiple emails, and I got replied to usually within the day. From what I was told, up to last week, they had a shortage of US plugs, but the other plugs are available. As long as you have the order number, and you tell them, they should be able to assist you promptly. :)

Received their email and it’s sorted :)

Mar 4, 2019 at 12:40 AM Post #175 of 641
Just use simple 3.5mm AUX cable between Sabaj and Atom :) However I believe it is optimized to sound best with its 2.5mm balanced output. I'm waiting for 2.5mm to 3.5m adapter to test this. Both my FH5 and Noble X sounds a TON better from its balanced out, depth is on another level..

Gadzooks! I bought a 2.5mm to 3.5mm cable, plugged the Sabaj to my NX1s, and ALL I am getting is a horrid loud hum, and NO music coming through! Everything still works fine with the UNbalanced (3.5mm) jack, however! Also, I notice that when I connect with the 'balanced', the little readout on the DA3 briefly states "3.5 mm unbalanced output'! What do you suppose is going on? Is the cable I bought from electronics store just complete crap, or what? It seems unlikely? I can find nothing on the XMOS driver settings to help....

Mar 4, 2019 at 12:51 AM Post #176 of 641
Gadzooks! I bought a 2.5mm to 3.5mm cable, plugged the Sabaj to my NX1s, and ALL I am getting is a horrid loud hum, and NO music coming through! Everything still works fine with the UNbalanced (3.5mm) jack, however! Also, I notice that when I connect with the 'balanced', the little readout on the DA3 briefly states "3.5 mm unbalanced output'! What do you suppose is going on? Is the cable I bought from electronics store just complete crap, or what? It seems unlikely? I can find nothing on the XMOS driver settings to help....
Nah, don't worry you need to push the middle button twice and then push left button to select balanced output (then there is also option for changing filters and screen timeout).

Plus, there is a dedicated sabaj thread, we should probably discuss it there.

Mar 4, 2019 at 1:04 AM Post #177 of 641
Nah, don't worry you need to push the middle button twice and then push left button to select balanced output (then there is also option for changing filters and screen timeout).

Plus, there is a dedicated sabaj thread, we should probably discuss it there.
yes, I suppose so! The Sabaj came up here, you see, in the context of experimenting with my present DAC to amp chain, with a view to acquiring the Atom or Liqiuid Spark! Anyhoo, I did what you said, and the readout complied, but when I began streaming audio - eeeek! horrid, unlistenable disintegrated sound!

Mar 4, 2019 at 1:48 AM Post #178 of 641
yes, I suppose so! The Sabaj came up here, you see, in the context of experimenting with my present DAC to amp chain, with a view to acquiring the Atom or Liqiuid Spark! Anyhoo, I did what you said, and the readout complied, but when I began streaming audio - eeeek! horrid, unlistenable disintegrated sound!
Sounds like you may be overpowering the amp, asi it probably wants the usual 2V, which Sabaj pushes I believe around vol. 35 on SE, so try vol.30 on BAL or lower. Also the adapter could be faulty, I experienced this before (china).

Mar 9, 2019 at 11:09 PM Post #179 of 641
I have recently added the Master & Dynamic M40 headset.

They along with the AKG Q701 sound wonderful on my atom, albeit the M40's are much easier to drive and due to the nature of the headset seem to have a good bit more bass.

So for those of you out there with easier to drive headsets, the Atom will do great.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back