Jays q-JAYS, First look, Production level !!
Sep 11, 2007 at 2:39 PM Post #91 of 205
Quote:

Originally Posted by Karma 23 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Kramer,

Thanks for your detailed review. I also saw your review on the Sony EX90 and wanted to ask you how they compared. Which had better sound quality and sound stage? And about isolation, do the q-JAYS isolate that much more than the EX90's? I personally like the EX90's isolation (or lack thereof), as they isolate enough to enjoy the music but also leaves you aware of your surroundings.

PS. It's nice to know you're from the Bay. I'm originally from Fremont but moved to London for work. I miss the sun in California!!

I also wanna ask which one has better sound: q-jays or sony ex90 with mod

Sep 11, 2007 at 3:20 PM Post #92 of 205
Quote:

Originally Posted by Karma 23 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Kramer,

Thanks for your detailed review. I also saw your review on the Sony EX90 and wanted to ask you how they compared. Which had better sound quality and sound stage? And about isolation, do the q-JAYS isolate that much more than the EX90's? I personally like the EX90's isolation (or lack thereof), as they isolate enough to enjoy the music but also leaves you aware of your surroundings.

PS. It's nice to know you're from the Bay. I'm originally from Fremont but moved to London for work. I miss the sun in California!!

wow, 2 posts since july 05! Talk about Lurker.

Yes the q-JAYS isolate a lot more than the EX90. But note I did not plug the vent-holes on my EX90. Still I think the q-jays would isolate a lot more (speculating).

Soundstage, they probably very similar.... maybe the EX90 has a little wider, but not by much. The q-JAYS are overall much more refined and detail revealing. EX90 bass is muddy and congested by comparison. Because they are more revealing, the q-JAYS scale up better with amp/source upgrades too.

IMHO the most significant physical difference is the Y cord of the q-JAYS, which continues to be my preference.

Good Luck,
Hope this helps.

Sep 11, 2007 at 3:35 PM Post #93 of 205
Hehe...yeah I'm a lurker...

But thanks for you reply. Another IEM that's heavily hyped are the Atrio M5's, which you've mentioned that you haven't auditionned. If you ever do though, I'd be really curious to know what you think of them.

Sep 11, 2007 at 4:22 PM Post #94 of 205
Quote:

Originally Posted by sound_now /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'm also interested in the isolation. How good do they isolate in the train? With normal ear plugs its driving me mad having the choice between killing my ears and hearing the sound of the train.
smily_headphones1.gif
So that would be an interesting point for me. Thanks a lot for the great review
wink.gif

Sorry I did not see this thread earlier..
I am an isolation junkie, there is alot of noise at work, and I found out that if I use homemade foamies the q-JAYS isolates better than my shure e-500 or at least on par...
I think it is because of the size, they simply does not pick up the same amount of resonans as my Shures

Sep 11, 2007 at 6:27 PM Post #95 of 205
And how does one make homemade foamies?

Ditto on the request for a comparison with the M5's.

EDIT: Nevermind, I did a search for "homemade foamies" and found a nice long thread about it from March 2006.

Sep 11, 2007 at 6:32 PM Post #96 of 205
Quote:

Originally Posted by Claus-DK /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I am an isolation junkie, there is alot of noise at work, and I found out that if I use homemade foamies the q-JAYS isolates better than my shure e-500 or at least on par...
I think it is because of the size, they simply does not pick up the same amount of resonans as my Shures

Claus, you have JAYS Foamies on the way for evaluation
smily_headphones1.gif

Sep 12, 2007 at 11:38 AM Post #97 of 205
Quote:

i don't understand what you mean by "less resonance". is that even a good or bad thing?

Sep 12, 2007 at 9:25 PM Post #99 of 205
I was about to order the Denon C700's because of it's sound, quality cable and overall they are supposed to be very conformable.

These q-Jays are a bit more expensive, but do you think it's much better than the Denons?

And are they as conformable? Because that's my main concern as I think it's the most important thing about IEMs; I hate those things that go up your ear and I hate J-cables!

Sep 13, 2007 at 1:00 AM Post #101 of 205
Quote:

I can not say if they are better...
And IEMs tend to stick in your ear, that is the hole idea of an IEM..
But at least they have a Y cable...

lol I'm not as stupid as I might look
blink.gif
wink.gif

With "up the ear" i mend the cable that sometimes go on (above) your ear, like with the Ultimate Ear IEMs!

Hard to explain exactly because English ain't my first language, sorry!

And Y's are the best!
3000smile.gif

Btw, when can we expect these baby's to be for sale? I hope before September 21, that will give it one week for delivering and will have them when the iPod Touch comes out, September 28!

Sep 13, 2007 at 5:10 AM Post #103 of 205
Quote:

Originally Posted by Bigburger /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I hear something about JAYS foamies....are the d-JAYS LE going to come with some foamies?

Later on yes. We are evaluating our prototypes at this moment and they are just great!
smily_headphones1.gif

Sep 13, 2007 at 5:18 AM Post #104 of 205
Quote:

I can not say if they are better...
And IEMs tend to stick in your ear, that is the hole idea of an IEM..
But at least they have a Y cable...

sry but what's a y and what's a j cable? is y the one that's equal in length on both left and right sides? j's the one that's longer on one side?

Sep 13, 2007 at 5:52 AM Post #105 of 205
It'd be nice to try some foamies with the larger stalk size finally. I have alot of questions about what kind they are, but I'm sure those answers will come very shortly...
biggrin.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back