Jays q-JAYS, First look, Production level !!
Sep 7, 2007 at 6:25 PM Post #76 of 205
I'll get my new iPod Nano in black next week. Will be interesting to "see" if they have improved the sound. I don't have to wait for q-JAYS though. Lucky me
smily_headphones1.gif
wink.gif

Cheers!

Sep 8, 2007 at 1:13 AM Post #78 of 205
Quote:

Originally Posted by PetCed /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'll get my new iPod Nano in black next week. Will be interesting to "see" if they have improved the sound. I don't have to wait for q-JAYS though. Lucky me
smily_headphones1.gif
wink.gif

Cheers!

Hey Peter, I'll overnight you my new black 3rd generation iPod Nano for a pair of q-Jays now.
cool.gif

which one you want?

Sep 8, 2007 at 4:32 AM Post #79 of 205
so how do the qjays stack up to the UE superfi5pros?

Sep 8, 2007 at 11:09 PM Post #80 of 205
Quote:

Originally Posted by PetCed /img/forum/go_quote.gif
smily_headphones1.gif
wink.gif

Cheers!

Now that's just plain mean!
wink.gif

I'm interested in a set of q-jays. I see that the jays site has them available now. Peter, can you tell us when US distributors like HeadRoom will start having availability?

Sep 8, 2007 at 11:57 PM Post #81 of 205
for our european friends, audiocubes has them for preorder for $179, thats 133 euros converted, add another 11 euros for shipping, making it a grand total of 26 euros, now im not sure whats audiocubes position towars customs, so those 26 euros or more could be charged at customs,

they did reduce the price from 186 to 171 euros, meaning that someone did hear me bitch and whine, (sorry about that peter), which is more inline with the high taxes in the nordic european nations,

Sep 9, 2007 at 1:22 AM Post #82 of 205
why don't you try audiocube? they ship to the US for 8 bucks.

Sep 9, 2007 at 1:29 AM Post #83 of 205
becuase im in spain, which is in europe,
so basicly im asking myself, should i pay the extra 26 euros and not risk customs or get them from audiocubes and risk getting them stopped in customs,

Sep 9, 2007 at 3:16 AM Post #84 of 205
heh i was talkin to grommal, but aright xD
anyway, aevum, why'd they get stopped at customs?

Sep 9, 2007 at 5:09 AM Post #86 of 205
lol even if it gets delayed at customs u'd still get it in the end wouldn't you? and depending on how it works there it wouldn't be very long?

Sep 9, 2007 at 12:13 PM Post #88 of 205
Quote:

Originally Posted by Aevum /img/forum/go_quote.gif
becuase expencive electronics get stopped in customs, its called karma, and mine is a bottomless pit.

I can put you in contact with someone who could recite a few mantras that would cancel your karmic deficit
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

Sep 10, 2007 at 10:42 AM Post #89 of 205
Quote:

Originally Posted by Aevum /img/forum/go_quote.gif
its not about the wait, its about what i get taxed in customs,

you guys get taxed as long as they stop you at customs? fer us over here only orders over 200usd get taxed.. and the qjays just slip under the radar

Sep 11, 2007 at 2:59 AM Post #90 of 205
Kramer,

Thanks for your detailed review. I also saw your review on the Sony EX90 and wanted to ask you how they compared. Which had better sound quality and sound stage? And about isolation, do the q-JAYS isolate that much more than the EX90's? I personally like the EX90's isolation (or lack thereof), as they isolate enough to enjoy the music but also leaves you aware of your surroundings.

PS. It's nice to know you're from the Bay. I'm originally from Fremont but moved to London for work. I miss the sun in California!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back