Jays q-JAYS, First look, Production level !!
Sep 14, 2007 at 2:52 AM Post #121 of 205
no, no coupon, what i was saying is that if the q-JAYS should start shipping to retailers by mid next week to be able to be in stock by 7-10 days, im guessing that the bundle box is allready well in to production, so they cant just open hundreds of sealed boxes to put in a pair of foamies, were talking about lots of money in packaging costs, it would be cheaper to include a coupon or an option to request the foamies with the warranty or registration card in exchange for shipping costs,

Sep 14, 2007 at 5:02 AM Post #122 of 205
Quote:

Originally Posted by Claus-DK /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Just got my sticky little fingers in some JAYS foamies today...
biggrin.gif

They are sooooo comfortable, I can not even feel they are in my ears, much softer than the ones I make my self, like the "bilsom soft" earplug if I schould compare the density, they expand slover than the bilsom and do not need to be compessed before inserting..
etysmile.gif

They are as "invisible" to my ear like my custom earprotection (silikonetype)
blink.gif
blink.gif

The tube has a "collar" so that it will stay on.

Tomorrow I will test the isolation at work and see how they handle that, for me, very important part of the job, also the comfort over time..
wink.gif

I almost have the urge to go back to work and start some machinery, I am so exited...I really hope they isolate well
confused.gif
blink.gif
confused.gif

Hey Claus. the JAY-foams sound cool, looking forward to them. Also looking forward to hearing how they perform for you at work. I started on another welding gig a few weeks ago and my q-JAYS have been my best friend... at low volumes, the stock tips let just enough sound through to hear the "bacon sizzle" of the welder, a good thing, and with earmuff hearing protection over my ears I can cut and grind steel to some great sounding music!!!! Only drag is that I gotta check my watch more often, the other day I was so "lost in the music" I welded away about 8 minutes of my lunch break.
blink.gif

Sep 14, 2007 at 11:00 AM Post #124 of 205
Quote:

Originally Posted by Funkmonkey /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hey Claus. the JAY-foams sound cool, looking forward to them. Also looking forward to hearing how they perform for you at work. I started on another welding gig a few weeks ago and my q-JAYS have been my best friend... at low volumes, the stock tips let just enough sound through to hear the "bacon sizzle" of the welder, a good thing, and with earmuff hearing protection over my ears I can cut and grind steel to some great sounding music!!!! Only drag is that I gotta check my watch more often, the other day I was so "lost in the music" I welded away about 8 minutes of my lunch break.
blink.gif

Just set the alarm on your Ipod, breaks are a very important part of every job
very_evil_smiley.gif
very_evil_smiley.gif

I am a little sad to say that the JAYS tips does not isolate as well as my homemade ones, they are better than the silikone tips in regards of isolation and comfort I also get the impression that the bas is more forward, than with stocktips...

They isolate on par with the howard "leigths" earplugs/EAR standars plugs and a little bit less than bilsom soft and my favorite North plugs...

All in all a good little supplement to JAYS list of products.

They seem a little fragile, but keep in mind that this is prototype and the production version will without a doubt be better glued..

On a side-note, have you tried to make some foamies for yourself ??

Sep 14, 2007 at 4:47 PM Post #125 of 205
I also got some foamies. These foamies are less like foamies, and more like small complys to tell you guys the truth. They aren't your standard yellow Shure/Westone foamies. They're more complys as they're nice and soft, but they don't expand much in the ear canal. They're slightly better than the rubber sleeves at isolation and comfort, but lesser than the yellow foamies or the etymotic black foamies (which are the best). But the good news in comparison to the other foamies is that they share the unrivaled comfort of short complys.

Sep 14, 2007 at 5:11 PM Post #126 of 205
I'm reading this topic with great interest.
I'm looking for a mid-end pair of earphones. I already had the Vibes and the Atrio M5's and I'm now using the MylarOne X3's.

The Vibes did not have enough detail, the M5's were a bit harsh to my ears and the X3's are kind of boring (they sound flat).

Are the q-Jays the ones for me? How are they comparing to the Atrio M5's? Less bass and more detail? Also more "harsh"?

I was going along with all the head-fi hypes (Vibes -> M5 -> X3), but now I'm first waiting for some serious comparing
smily_headphones1.gif

Thanks.

Sep 14, 2007 at 10:55 PM Post #127 of 205
Quote:

Originally Posted by Moody /img/forum/go_quote.gif
the M5's were a bit harsh to my ears

Harsh?
blink.gif

Those are the most mellow, laid back IEMs I ever heard... wow. Anything with a balanced armature sure sounds a lot harsher to my ears than the dynamic driver of the M5... ("YMMV" would look weird in this place, I assume).

Sep 14, 2007 at 11:07 PM Post #128 of 205
I love the new look and the LARGE left/right labeling. the only thing better is red/blue color coding

Sep 15, 2007 at 8:34 PM Post #129 of 205
May I ask if the cable w/o extension is long enough to wear my iPod with the iPod armband?

http://store.apple.com/1-800-MY-APPL...D?find=armband

Otherwise it's pretty much useless (for me at least), because if it's to short we will need the relatively long extension cable which is so bulky while using the iPod armband!

I love to use the armband in the gym and that's why I cant be bothered if I will have to use the extension cable even if I have my iPod on my arm!

Sep 15, 2007 at 9:36 PM Post #130 of 205
I will be purchasing my first pair of IEM's, and I won't be using an amp, just a new 8gb ipod nano. whatever I buy must be a substantial upgrade from my old Sony MDR-EX71.

so far its between these:

q-JAYS - looks just great, small and light, sounds like what i want, but they may not have quite enough bass . . but i dunno

Ultimate Ears Super.fi 5 Pro's - looks kinda on the big side, but from reviews they are some of the best around for the price. I also thought about the EB version, as I do tend to like bass .. but they look large and maybe uncomforable over time . .

I also may just bite the bullet and get the sure thing the shure se530
tongue.gif

what do you guys think? Will the q-JAY satisfy my upgrade in quality, bass, mids, highs, everything . . . or do i have to go more expensive?

because the earphones definitely look nice . .
580smile.gif

also where in canada can I order these q-JAYS from (at a good price)?

Sep 15, 2007 at 11:04 PM Post #131 of 205
Quote:

Originally Posted by outlandos /img/forum/go_quote.gif
May I ask if the cable w/o extension is long enough to wear my iPod with the iPod armband?

http://store.apple.com/1-800-MY-APPL...D?find=armband

Otherwise it's pretty much useless (for me at least), because if it's to short we will need the relatively long extension cable which is so bulky while using the iPod armband!

I love to use the armband in the gym and that's why I cant be bothered if I will have to use the extension cable even if I have my iPod on my arm!

I use my Shuffle without the extension cord at the end of the arm of my t-shirt. Works great
smily_headphones1.gif

Sep 15, 2007 at 11:49 PM Post #132 of 205
Quote:

Originally Posted by PetCed /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I use my Shuffle without the extension cord at the end of the arm of my t-shirt. Works great
smily_headphones1.gif

Awesome, count me in as a buyer.

Now I just need to decide which color I want;

White is much more "iPod-style", but on the order hand the Touch is black so that's why I think the black q-jays fit more.

But the white ones look great aswell...damn it!

Sep 16, 2007 at 12:23 AM Post #133 of 205
Quote:

Originally Posted by outlandos /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Awesome, count me in as a buyer.

Now I just need to decide which color I want;

White is much more "iPod-style", but on the order hand the Touch is black so that's why I think the black q-jays fit more.

But the white ones look great aswell...damn it!

But I hear the white ones sound better!
eggosmile.gif

Sep 16, 2007 at 7:47 PM Post #135 of 205
Quote:

Originally Posted by ajmiarka /img/forum/go_quote.gif
But I hear the white ones sound better!
eggosmile.gif

LOL

yeah, not sure about "better" but the black ones sound more "dark"...
wink.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back