Jays launching seven new products Spring 2010 - incl. x-JAYS quadro armature universal IEM
Aug 31, 2010 at 7:30 AM Post #91 of 147
I need to warranty my q-jays, and asked about the x-Jays while I was emailing them...

"The X-JAYS are now not due in until the last quarter of the year so we couldn't give you an exact date on those, "

Dec 8, 2010 at 5:34 PM Post #92 of 147
So, is this just a pipe dream now???

Dec 9, 2010 at 2:03 AM Post #94 of 147
Yeah shame they aren't out by now . Haven't heard anything either to tell you guys. Guess it won't be until somewhere next year. Maybe you guys want to email them?

Dec 13, 2010 at 2:05 AM Post #96 of 147
Maybe this means they are working to make it a truly excellent product. Hopefully they are trying to achieve a quality sound and working on crossovers and such, rather than just sticking 4 drivers in and calling it a day.

Dec 13, 2010 at 5:54 AM Post #97 of 147
A couple of days ago I had the opportunity to listen to a prototype x-Jays, and I can assure you they sound fantastic!
I literally listened to them for one minute in a noisy environment, so can't really offer any in depth reviewing, but from what I heard they have a warm and pleasant "rich" sound, full bass, liquid mids and clear highs that are slightly toned down not to become sibilant.

I for one can't wait to listen to the final product, no word on when it will be out yet though.

Oh, the prototype that I tried, it was designed exactly as the t-Jays, there is a pic of them earlier in this thread somewhere.

As with all prototypes, the sound and design can change before launch.

Dec 13, 2010 at 6:15 AM Post #98 of 147

Quote:
Oh, the prototype that I tried, it was designed exactly as the t-Jays, there is a pic of them earlier in this thread somewhere.

Hmm, interesting...so they have no intention of moving them into a different housing then? I was expecting something a little more unique for what would probably their flagship. If so, it's probably not unreasonable the sound to change slightly again, but from what you've described, lets hope it doesn't change too much...

Dec 14, 2010 at 1:19 PM Post #101 of 147

Quote:
Quote:
I hope Westone won't beat jays to it...

LOL you must have forgotten how long the wait for the legendary Westone 3 was.....

Well..they just did~
biggrin.gif

Dec 14, 2010 at 2:04 PM Post #102 of 147
Quote:
Kun said:
Well..they just did~
biggrin.gif

No, they didn't. W4 won't be out till next year, so the race is still on!
popcorn.gif

Dec 14, 2010 at 6:39 PM Post #105 of 147

Quote:
I honestly believe that both will be awesome. However, I'm not sure I will want both unless they are significantly different. This will be interesting.

Well, yeah. Two similar headphones would be redundant. I want someone to get them both and compare though, preferably Joker.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back