Jays launching seven new products Spring 2010 - incl. x-JAYS quadro armature universal IEM
Aug 11, 2010 at 5:57 AM Post #76 of 147
When taking acloser look on the picture,they do not seem, like they have a detachable cable... Also 500000 won = 423 usd = 322 €. That is a strong price.

Aug 11, 2010 at 7:25 AM Post #77 of 147
I think it meant to be two pieces cable design instead of "detachable" (user replaceable) design. Two pieces cable is actually quite common for most JAYS' IEM.

[EDIT] It is indeed a t-JAYS-like design. The gold version on the Korean site could very well be a limited edition.

T2BaXXXdlXXXXXXXXX_%21%2112237502.jpg_620x10000.jpg

Aug 11, 2010 at 10:05 AM Post #79 of 147
Just spoken to JAYS UK and they dont have a release date yet but hope to get them in 'before Christmas'......

Aug 11, 2010 at 11:19 AM Post #80 of 147
Oh man, I've just spunked £300 on UM W6's.......... Have to put the X-Jays on my Crimbo list. I really rate Jays IEM's, the Q-Jays are still one of my keepers + everything they put out oozes class.

Aug 11, 2010 at 1:35 PM Post #83 of 147
Wow, these look quite amazing!! I wonder if they would sound good enough to replace my current q-jays. I rate their IEMs quite high too, and would love to be a loyal customer to Jays. 

Let's just hope the sound they put out is well worth the indicative asking price. Don't care for the gold edition though, too much bling for me, would rather prefer to save on the excessive pricing which that edition will surely feature.

Quote:
I think it meant to be two pieces cable design instead of "detachable" (user replaceable) design. Two pieces cable is actually quite common for most JAYS' IEM.

[EDIT] It is indeed a t-JAYS-like design. The gold version on the Korean site could very well be a limited edition.

T2BaXXXdlXXXXXXXXX_%21%2112237502.jpg_620x10000.jpg

Aug 11, 2010 at 2:01 PM Post #84 of 147
I have, but I know many customers who didn't like the small housing of the q-jays to begin with.  

I feel loyal to Jays as well, I remember owning a Jens of Sweden MP3 player. Good times :)

Quote:
well have you seen the size of the Q-Jays?

Quote:
Wow, these look quite amazing!! I wonder if they would sound good enough to replace my current q-jays. I rate their IEMs quite high too, and would love to be a loyal customer to Jays. 

Let's just hope the sound they put out is well worth the indicative asking price. Don't care for the gold edition though, too much bling for me, would rather prefer to save on the excessive pricing which that edition will surely feature.

Aug 12, 2010 at 7:30 AM Post #87 of 147
Bina, I had the D-Jays back in 2007 when Jays released their first IEM. They failed twice for me in one year so twice replaced by HeadRoom, when they used to sell those. Maybe the D-Jays sold today are more durable compared to the very first release.

Only home use, quite fragile compared to all the other IEM I used.

In your opinion, which is the most balanced IEM from the Jays lineup?

Aug 12, 2010 at 8:32 AM Post #89 of 147
Yes, but t-jays come at a much lower price point compared to x-jays in question here as well as the q-jays.

I've had no problems with the cable or strain reliefs on the q-jays. They come advertised as "PVC Coated with Kevlar filling", and they seem quite durable to me...even though I have been regularly stuffing them, without any protective case, in jeans pockets and bags for over an year. Considering that the indicative price of x-jays is a lot higher than q-jays, Jays must be sensible enough to fit it with better or at least the same quality of cable.

Quote:
PunkFloyd: Are you talking about T-Jays? I have all new models here( well, not X-jays) and T-Jays have pretty weak cable(thinner than was on D-Jays).

Yes, I've heard that too - apparently people have had problem with putting them in and and pulling them out of the ear. Not sure I can understand this though as I find them quite easy to grip by the housing when doing so.

Yes, and you are from Sweden too, so you have another very good reason apart from the quality to support your local manufacturer. :)

Quote:
I have, but I know many customers who didn't like the small housing of the q-jays to begin with.  

I feel loyal to Jays as well, I remember owning a Jens of Sweden MP3 player. Good times :)

I am slightly concerned with the shape of these as it is quite similar to t-jays and as some people have reported those edges can be quite a problem when used in smallish ears.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back