Japan is the headphone paradise, and here's the proof
Aug 15, 2014 at 2:40 AM Post #166 of 199
I work across the street from one of the largest Bic Camera stores in Japan and it is a blessing and curse.  Its great to be able to audition almost anything, including some exotic Japan only models.  The curse is the temptation to buy is extraordinary.  The good news is that if you're patient, Bic Camera does have some amazing sales from time to time.

I"ve been living in Japan now for 4 years. Everyone is polite, considerate and everything is clean.  If you know some Japanese, its a paradise. 

I agree about the jeans too.  None finer, and if you're a hunter, you can get them on sale. 

I recently learned that New Years Day is the time to bargain hunt.  Everyone has big sales to try to get rid of last year's merchandise. So my advice is if you're planning a trip, make sure you're here on New Year's Day.

Hmm... I usually time my trips to be around winter (Comiket, I don't speak Japanese but I have a cousin who lives there) but it seems that if I want to buy at bargain prices, New Years would be a better time for it. Good to know

Aug 16, 2014 at 1:40 AM Post #167 of 199
I'll be back in Japan for a third time. Looking forward to hearing new 2014 gear and keeping up to date. It feels like I'm actually saving money and time by not buying headphones and returning them. Unfortunetly, plane ticket prices really go up $100 every year :frowning2:

Aug 16, 2014 at 1:44 AM Post #168 of 199
I'll be back in Japan for a third time. Looking forward to hearing new 2014 gear and keeping up to date. It feels like I'm actually saving money and time by not buying headphones and returning them. Unfortunetly, plane ticket prices really go up $100 every year :frowning2:

plane tickets to Japan are around $300 here. :D I go whenever I have the time, which means during public holidays and new years only.

Jul 14, 2015 at 1:20 AM Post #170 of 199
Heading to Tokyo soon. Apart from Bic Camera, Sofmap, Yodobashi, e earphones. Any other stores I should look out for?

Those'll do you. If you're looking for music, go to Disk Union (used CDs and vinyl). Shinjuku has multiple outlets catering to different musical genres, along with one selling audio equipment.

Sep 17, 2015 at 5:14 PM Post #172 of 199
  hi all 
where is the best place to buy used headphone and earphone in tokyo? going there around mid of december.

thanks

You could try Audio Union. It's part of the Disk Union chain. If you're looking for CDs at great prices, Disk Union is THE place to go... massive selection and very affordable.

There's an Audio Union in Shinjuku and one in Kichijoji. Audio Union is all about pre-owned audio equipment. Most of it is focused on home equipment, but they will have some portable stuff (and may have more now... been almost two years since I was last in Japan, and 7 years since I last lived there).

Sep 21, 2015 at 12:35 AM Post #174 of 199
  oh cool thanks.
i will be staying somewhere near the haneda airport.
are there any nearby the airport?

thanks

Don't think so. Not a lot of retail, new or used, out by Haneda. How long will you be there? Will you be going into the city at all?

The closest Audio Union for you will be the one in Shinjuku. It'll take around an hour to get there from the airport (by train or express bus). Shinjuku also has multiple Yodobashi and Bic Camera outlets, so you can check out some new items, too.

Sep 24, 2015 at 1:35 AM Post #176 of 199
I'd love to visit Japan and try out those headphones. Japanese are crazy about product quality and it is a respectable virtue. Right now I only own a Japanese brand headphone Stax SR-009, would love to explore the mid-end market.

Sep 24, 2015 at 2:42 PM Post #177 of 199
  i will be staying there for 2 days then move on to neba area for skiing.
ok will have to take a train to that area and take a look :)
thanks

There's really nothing around Haneda, so you'll be wanting to go into central Tokyo anyway. All roads lead to Shinjuku... you'll have a blast there. Disk Union and Audio Union are both on the east side of JR Shinjuku Station. Enjoy!

Oct 22, 2015 at 11:54 AM Post #180 of 199
Anyone know any good locations in Fukuoka?

Yup, there's a yodobashi and a Bic camera near hakata station, but I personally liked to go to the yodobashi in tenjin a few blocks away from the Apple store, it's almost somewhat hidden and somewhat in an outdoors/indoors area.

If you're into vintage cameras too, there's a dope spot called gogo camera a few blocks from the canal city mall in Naka su which is a few blocks fro mm the tenjin area.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back