James444's IEM giveaway thread (competition has ended - see post #344 and #354 for winners!)
Aug 7, 2010 at 5:53 PM Post #91 of 428
Head fi is a great place lol
Congrats to James for your 6 year anniversary, 6 is a lucky number in Chinese, and I wish you all the best luck!
I heard the FX500 is a bass monster, and also the first wooden iem.
But CK100 is the most wanted!

Aug 7, 2010 at 6:09 PM Post #93 of 428
This is a lot of valuable stuff to give away, very nice of you to do this, instead of selling them. I haven't heard any of these IEMs but, I prefer great treble, midrange, and detail, not a basshead at all. If  I'm lucky to be chosen, I can write up a review comparing them to my RE-0s. Thanks a lot James!

Aug 7, 2010 at 6:25 PM Post #94 of 428
Diaphragm wise I have heard mylar, titanium, aluminum, and silk... I would be interesting to hear the thinned birch driver of the of the JVC FX500... Here's to luck!

Aug 7, 2010 at 6:47 PM Post #95 of 428
Count me in for this... I know the CK100 here is probably highest on most people's lists, but personally I've always wanted a pair of cyclone PR1 Pros. I've read so many good things about their balance/soundstage. They might make a good lower end "substitute" for my DDMs while on trips and stuff.

2 weeks might be a long time for this thread. 
tongue.gif

Aug 7, 2010 at 6:51 PM Post #96 of 428
Although I have not personally heard any of the aforementioned IEM's, however, I have read a number of interesting reviews on many of them.  With this being said, I find the FX-500 and the CK100 to be of primary interest to me--The FX-500 seem to offer almost unparalleled bass quantity as well as good quality, and the CK-100 are supposed to be quite transparent.  Both of these aspects have a different type of allure for me (on a full rich sound, and one accuracy), but honestly I'd be happy to win anything (I'm usually quite unlucky when it comes to these types of competitions) =).

I'd like to take a moment to offer an early congrats to the winners, and thank James for his incredible generosity--people like him truly make the world a better place.

Good luck all!

Best,
Brent

Aug 7, 2010 at 7:14 PM Post #97 of 428
Wow James!

That really is very generous of you and many thanks for offering the chance to experience any of these IEM's for the first time.

I've heard a great sounding double balanced armature in the UM2 and owned the titanium ATH-CK7, which were OK sounding but for me had appalling build quality.

Winning any of the IEMs you are offering would be fantastic but I would seriously relish the opportunity to experience the sound of a triple drive ba against the twin drive ba of the UM2 and to see if Audio Technica really can restore my confidence in their build quality with what is apparently a superb build in the CK100.

I guess the only people who wouldn't want to win would either own the collection you do or would be truly settled with a certain pair of IEMs, congratulations on your 6 years with Head Fi, as it sounds like you've finally found your Holy Grail. 

Aug 7, 2010 at 8:01 PM Post #100 of 428
Wow, you are very generous, James. You even include free shipping :D. If I get picked, I would have the Victor fx 500. To me, these look like the most sexiest IEMs I have ever seen. High quality wood that encases a dynamic driver with the same level of quality, appeals to me. Don't even get me started on the ultra-slick packaging. Of course, like all the people participating in this contest, I hope that I win. If I do, I would be just as excited as winning the lottery (even if the value of the fx 500 is significantly lower). I wish good luck to all that are participating in this contest. Thank you again, James, for being so bold in hosting such a contest.

Aug 7, 2010 at 9:26 PM Post #102 of 428
Very generous of you, and congratulations on your 6 years! Throwing my hat into the ring :)

I think I'd like to try the JVC FX500s. I've seen a few posts here and there  about them, and I'm intrigued. From what I've gathered, they sound great with string instruments, and I could sure use a pair of IEMs for some good old instrument appreciation. I'm still really new to all this so I think they would be a neat IEM to get to try out to find out what kind of sound I'm looking for.

The ATH-CK100s also would be great, the sound signature sounds like it's smooth across the spectrum and the emphasis on midrange seems like it would appeal to me. And of course it would be my first IEM with such a large soundstage!

Off course I'd pass them on to the next person if they weren't to my tastes. :p

Anyway, best of luck to everyone!

Aug 7, 2010 at 9:38 PM Post #103 of 428
Such generosity.

1280287441897.jpg

Aug 7, 2010 at 9:38 PM Post #104 of 428
First thanks for your generosity and indeed a great way to celebrate an anniversary.

Having read about ATH-CK100 the I am very keen to compare them to my RE-0 as it seems like they would have all the qualities I like about the RE-0 but with more bass.

And the JVCs are just sweet cause it's a woodie and has the eco-friendly factor going for it which is a bonus.

Good luck everyone!

Aug 7, 2010 at 9:47 PM Post #105 of 428
Congrats on 6 years on Head-fi, James, and blessings to you for the super generosity!

I haven't heard either, but I have been very curious about the Cyclone PR1 Pro  since ljokerl is such a fan of these IEMs, especially now that they are not in production anymore.

And who couldn't be curious about the CK100 with it's upper range price tag!

May the random number generator force be with me!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back