I've gone from zero to off the deep end in less than a week.
May 24, 2007 at 12:50 AM Post #16 of 331
The Xcan is a quality headphone amp but the HD650s sounds exceptionally good out of the balanced XLR outs of the DAC1, Lavry DA10 and the Apogee Mini-DAC. If you prefer the HD650s to the other headphones you probably won't need your X-can. But you'll need it for your Beyers and AKGs.

May 24, 2007 at 12:52 AM Post #18 of 331
If you want true isolation you forgot to get some closed cans. Audition the big three for awhile, decide which you like the least and sell/trade them for a quality closed back pair. Sorry about your wallet

May 24, 2007 at 12:57 AM Post #21 of 331
We need a smiley where the smiley is on his knees bowing because that's exactly what I'd be doing right now, congrats on the kid, but have you tried selling him/her? lol, jp... Are you in a house or apartment because if you're in a house, I suggest maybe trying to find some sound dampening stuff to dampen out most of the sounds from your media room.

May 24, 2007 at 1:05 AM Post #22 of 331
Momma never raised no quiter! did she?, keep going, Do you have any of RSA's stuff,
Westone is eventually coming out with some new IEM's (the 3),

And I didnt see any Stax en route, gotta have atleast one of those.

and then when you receive your divorce papers , make sure you establish that you wanna keep custodial and visitation rights and all of your audio stuff ,

May 24, 2007 at 1:12 AM Post #23 of 331
I don't think I'm done, just waiting for all the stuff to get here to start doing A/B's.

I need help with the following:

1. How to go about doing the A/B's with four to five sets of headphones and three to five amps.
2. Excuses for the wife when she finally gets wise.

Thank goodness I pay the bills!

May 24, 2007 at 1:22 AM Post #24 of 331
See my sig? Most of that happened in one week. I feel your pain.
smily_headphones1.gif

Enjoy the ride.

GAD

May 24, 2007 at 1:29 AM Post #25 of 331
Quote:

Originally Posted by Bootleg /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I don't think I'm done, just waiting for all the stuff to get here to start doing A/B's.

I need help with the following:

1. How to go about doing the A/B's with four to five sets of headphones and three to five amps.
2. Excuses for the wife when she finally gets wise.

Thank goodness I pay the bills!

I have a suggestion for question 2

The cheap version http://www.doghouses.com/dog-houses/...PP001#navbar=a

or if you really want to be comfortable http://www.doghouses.com/dog-houses/...TB007#navbar=a

May 24, 2007 at 1:36 AM Post #26 of 331
What's funny is how all of this started. I'm typically a brand oriented person.

I have only owned Kawasaki motorcycles--Every desktop computer I've ever purchased has been a Dell; every laptop, a Sony Vaio--I recently got bit by the McIntosh bug and bought an MA6900 integrated and have a feeling that I'll be in the Mac camp for the foreseeable future.

So after that first night when the wife sent me to the couch with my Grado SR80's, I was so blown away by the fun I had that I almost immediately went down the Grado path for good. But my buddy jumped in and convinced me to try some other stuff before I became a card carrying member of the Grado-only club.

While I did end up buying a pair of SR 325i's, just to satisfy my Grado jones in a small way, I'll definitely be exposed to how the Sennheiser and AKG folks live.

May 24, 2007 at 1:45 AM Post #28 of 331
May 24, 2007 at 1:51 AM Post #29 of 331
After finding out what kind of sound you like, why not try something more high-end? Omega 2? ULTRASONE edition 9? TakeT H2? If you end up being a Grado person all the way, why not try to find a PS-1? Oh, and if I were you I'd sell all of my amps and buy one really nice one that's objectively superior to the ones you have. A GS-X, perhaps. Or if you want tubes maybe an RSA B-52.

May 24, 2007 at 1:54 AM Post #30 of 331
Hey, join the club. I've shelled out about $5,000 in my first month here, sold off about $1,000 of that, and am still looking for stuff to buy and try.

There really needs to be some kind of Surgeon General's warning on the main page of this forum.

Rest assured, once all your stuff arrives, you'll enjoy the heck out of it. Buy your wife a diamond for when she finds out and it will balance out.
smily_headphones1.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back