Itsfit Fusion impressions thread
Mar 9, 2020 at 4:39 AM Post #212 of 401
I'm also very interested in the R3, who else has tried them out? From the few reviews they seem a bit bland.

I tried the Universal R3 at their workshop a while back when they were preparing custom tips for the my 64 Audio U10. I was very happy with the reference sound that the R3 provides and would be very happy to own a pair if I was not already swimming in IEMs these days. For comparison, I like the Fusion but feel it has too much bass for my taste without use of an EQ.

Mar 9, 2020 at 8:35 AM Post #213 of 401
I'm also very interested in the R3, who else has tried them out? From the few reviews they seem a bit bland.

I have pinged Kien a while back about this as I have been hot for a review but I guess pretty busy right now...

Mar 9, 2020 at 4:41 PM Post #215 of 401
Mar 14, 2020 at 2:09 PM Post #216 of 401
Hello
IMG_20200314_105550.jpg

Mar 15, 2020 at 12:29 PM Post #218 of 401
Hi all, for those that might be interested, I just posted my review of the Itsfit Fusion :)
https://www.head-fi.org/showcase/itsfit-fusion.24001/review/23385/

It ended up being delayed, since I was waiting to try it with my new Eletech Prudence cable before finishing up the review.
Have to say, I'm glad I did. In my humble opinion, those two make a perfect match :)
Anyway, enjoy and thanks for reading (if you actually did, haha).

May 15, 2020 at 7:21 PM Post #219 of 401
After months of hanging out with the Fusions having settled on Complies and Final E tips, I decided to do a little more tip rolling this afternoon and slapped a set of Tennmak Whirlwinds on them .... holy smokes .... what a difference. I liked the Comply T400 simply because of the isolation they provided while the Final E's clairified the bass and and subbass without muting the the treble as foams can do but when I put on the Whirlwinds with their wide bore, the staging really expanded, the bass notes clarified with far more detail to them. The word that keeps coming to mind is "texture" like you can really hear the reverberation in the drum strokes. As for the treble and detail, with the whirlwinds there's just so much clarity, crispness and airy spaciousness. I think we all know tips make a huge difference to the sound we experience and honestly, the fusions are so good that I was perfectly happy with them with my previous tip choices - but they have opened up so much with these Whirrlies ..... They're pretty inexpensive so it's really worth giving them a try ($10 for 6 pair) Tennmak Whirlwind
Incidentally, several of us over on the IMR RAH forum agree that Whirlwinds are really great with the RAH as well. But I'm curious if anyone has any experience with Symbio W Hybrid tips or the Spiral Dot++? Im considering picking up a set of each to give them a try with the Fusions and Xelentos as well (although the Final E's sound fantastic with the Xelentos)

May 16, 2020 at 2:47 PM Post #220 of 401
this afternoon and slapped a set of Tennmak Whirlwinds on them .... holy smokes .... what a difference.
I took this little experiment with the Whirlwinds a bit further. As I said, I've gotten curious about the Symbio W because I really love the sound being produced by the the Whirlwinds while at the same time, loving the occlusion of foams. So the idea of a foam core wrapped in silicone that doesnt interfer with the actual sound wave is more than appealing. The wirlwinds have a wider bore than the Symbios so I thought I'd try to make my own version of the Symbios with the Whirlwinds and it worked really well!

A few months ago I loaded up on these Comply T400 Clones from this ebay seller Comply T400 Clones they're actually better quality than Comply, last much longer and are cheap as chips so I decided to cut one down to make it fit inside the Whirlwinds and It's unbelievably good.

I'll post some pics later, but I basically took the foams and pushed them over the end of a wide eneded pen to stretch them out (from the ear facing opening). This stretched both the foam and the inner rubber sleeve attaches to the nozzle. I really jammed it good so that the ruber stretched and broke some of the adhesive holding it to the foam, then while it was still over the pen, with the bottom of the tip facing out, I started peeling back the foam from the sleeve very gently with my finger nail until I could remove the foam from the rubber core.

Then I pushed the foam back over the end of the pen to stretch it enough that I could insert it into the silicone tip over the rubber core there (ear facing end of tip pushed onto pen). It only takes a couple of seconds. Then pull the foam off the pen and insert into the silcone tip, so that the bore of the foam surrounds the core of the silicone tip. Press it in and it stays! Then I simply marked the excess foam protruding out of the silicone, removed the foam and trimmed it with an exacto knife and reinserted it. I get all the isolation of foam and and all the unadulterated sound transmission of silicone. The wirlwinds really do sound great because of the the large bore and the new foam core makes them seal better in my ear. I ordered a set of Symbio Ws as well, because the Whirlwind core is too wide to fit my Xelentos and I think they'll benefit from them. But I reproduced this trick over to the RAHs and sounds amazing and fits really well on them too!

Hope this helps someone.

Last edited:
May 17, 2020 at 10:11 PM Post #222 of 401
I took this little experiment with the Whirlwinds a bit further. As I said, I've gotten curious about the Symbio W because I really love the sound being produced by the the Whirlwinds while at the same time, loving the occlusion of foams. So the idea of a foam core wrapped in silicone that doesnt interfer with the actual sound wave is more than appealing. The wirlwinds have a wider bore than the Symbios so I thought I'd try to make my own version of the Symbios with the Whirlwinds and it worked really well!

A few months ago I loaded up on these Comply T400 Clones from this ebay seller Comply T400 Clones they're actually better quality than Comply, last much longer and are cheap as chips so I decided to cut one down to make it fit inside the Whirlwinds and It's unbelievably good.

I'll post some pics later, but I basically took the foams and pushed them over the end of a wide eneded pen to stretch them out (from the ear facing opening). This stretched both the foam and the inner rubber sleeve attaches to the nozzle. I really jammed it good so that the ruber stretched and broke some of the adhesive holding it to the foam, then while it was still over the pen, with the bottom of the tip facing out, I started peeling back the foam from the sleeve very gently with my finger nail until I could remove the foam from the rubber core.

Then I pushed the foam back over the end of the pen to stretch it enough that I could insert it into the silicone tip over the rubber core there (ear facing end of tip pushed onto pen). It only takes a couple of seconds. Then pull the foam off the pen and insert into the silcone tip, so that the bore of the foam surrounds the core of the silicone tip. Press it in and it stays! Then I simply marked the excess foam protruding out of the silicone, removed the foam and trimmed it with an exacto knife and reinserted it. I get all the isolation of foam and and all the unadulterated sound transmission of silicone. The wirlwinds really do sound great because of the the large bore and the new foam core makes them seal better in my ear. I ordered a set of Symbio Ws as well, because the Whirlwind core is too wide to fit my Xelentos and I think they'll benefit from them. But I reproduced this trick over to the RAHs and sounds amazing and fits really well on them too!

Hope this helps someone.

I've been making my own hybrid tips in this manner for years. I love the grey tips provided with the Dunu DN-2000 and use them when possible on other universal IEM. I take a generic foam tip and do similarly to what you have described to create a hybrid foam/silicone tip without the expense of buying a Sony brand hybrid.

May 21, 2020 at 4:47 AM Post #223 of 401
May 21, 2020 at 10:04 AM Post #224 of 401
Nice review. I've loved my Fusion Universal so much that I'm selling them and ordering a a custom. Kien is great to work with and the Fusions are amazing. Once I dialed in the right tip, a great IEM became stellar.

Last edited:
May 21, 2020 at 12:13 PM Post #225 of 401
Nice review. I've loved my Fusion Universal so much that I'm selling them and ordering a a custom. Kien is great to work with and the Fusions are amazing. Once I dialed in the right tip, a great IEM became stellar.
Why not ask them if they can reshell your universal to custom for a price :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back