Itsfit Fusion impressions thread
May 29, 2020 at 11:17 PM Post #241 of 401
Just did the same. Sold my universals today to.reorder as CIEM. Absolutely Loved the universals and can't wait to get my CIEMS
Did you get custom design as well? Kien will surprise me with some sort of coral reef.

May 29, 2020 at 11:21 PM Post #242 of 401
Im having the gold & black faceplates redone. Look forward to seeing what he comes up with for you.

May 31, 2020 at 12:41 PM Post #243 of 401
Look who is here.

First impression is it requires much more power to drive than my EE Phantom (volume 22-25 compare to 16-18 on Phantom). Pairing with 1960s 2 wire now. Any tips for a new user?
Final Audio E tips give the best result so far.

Attachments

• IMG_20200531_122040_881.jpg
    IMG_20200531_122040_881.jpg
    279.5 KB · Views: 0
  • 20200531_121927.jpg
    20200531_121927.jpg
    2.5 MB · Views: 0
Last edited:
May 31, 2020 at 2:46 PM Post #244 of 401
Congrat, those look beautiful. I did a lot of tip rolling with them before I settled. You will find that the DD in there develops nicely with time, so if you like them now, they'll get better!

I also tried the the Final E with Fusion and thought I liked it until I put on the stock tip from the Noble M3. It has a similar texture to the Final and gives a great seal, but the bore is wider which opens the top end and balances out the bass. It's the best tip for me anyway of all that I tried.

In looking at tips, the Azla Sedna looks like a cross between the Final E and the Noble Silicone so I just ordered them and and the Symbio W. To my ear, the Fusions benefit from a wider bore tip. I also really like the Tennmak Whirlwinds. They were the best tip I could find for the IMR RAH and came stock with the oBravo Cupids. They're super inexpensive on AliExpress and I did try them with the Fusion, but they weren't my favorite there. I got the best seal with Nobles wide bore. So with that, I have high hopes for the Sednas which should be akin to a wide bore Final E. I'll report back when they arrive. Although, I don't have my Fusions anymore as I just sold them to make way for a new set of Fusion CIEM! :ksc75smile:

May 31, 2020 at 2:58 PM Post #245 of 401
Congrat, those look beautiful. I did a lot of tip rolling with them before I settled. You will find that the DD in there develops nicely with time, so if you like them now, they'll get better!

I also tried the the Final E with Fusion and thought I liked it until I put on the stock tip from the Noble M3. It has a similar texture to the Final and gives a great seal, but the bore is wider which opens the top end and balances out the bass. It's the best tip for me anyway of all that I tried.

In looking at tips, the Azla Sedna looks like a cross between the Final E and the Noble Silicone so I just ordered them and and the Symbio W. To my ear, the Fusions benefit from a wider bore tip. I also really like the Tennmak Whirlwinds. They were the best tip I could find for the IMR RAH and came stock with the oBravo Cupids. They're super inexpensive on AliExpress and I did try them with the Fusion, but they weren't my favorite there. I got the best seal with Nobles wide bore. So with that, I have high hopes for the Sednas which should be akin to a wide bore Final E. I'll report back when they arrive. Although, I don't have my Fusions anymore as I just sold them to make way for a new set of Fusion CIEM! :ksc75smile:

Thanks holsen. I tried symbio (not W) & Spinfit tips but they are no go. Would like to try Azla tips too but it's hard to get in Canada. I swapped to Satin Audio Athena 8 braids and it's sound better than PW 1960s (more airy & crispy). Will cable rolling to Dita OSLO after some more burn-in.

May 31, 2020 at 3:14 PM Post #246 of 401
Look who is here.

First impression is it requires much more power to drive than my EE Phantom (volume 22-25 compare to 16-18 on Phantom). Pairing with 1960s 2 wire now. Any tips for a new user?
Final Audio E tips give the best result so far.

Congrats on getting a pair! At the moment, I like Fusion most with squishy foam ear tips and then standard wide bore silicone ear tips that I've shown in my review here. AliExpress T400 and NewBee foam ear tips work very well for me too. :D

May 31, 2020 at 3:33 PM Post #247 of 401
Thanks holsen. I tried symbio (not W) & Spinfit tips but they are no go. Would like to try Azla tips too but it's hard to get in Canada. I swapped to Satin Audio Athena 8 braids and it's sound better than PW 1960s (more airy & crispy). Will cable rolling to Dita OSLO after some more burn-in.
Nice. I'm also in Canada. Ordered the Azlas from MTMAudio in Hong Kon Last Night. Also ordered the Queen Audi Hybrid and the EarrBond - Might as well give them all a try.
Its interesting how different tips work differently on different IEMS The Final E makes my Xelentos come alive but I dont really like them on anything else. The Whrilwinds are perfect on the RAH and IE800 and the Noble Tips on the Fusion.
Where in Canada are you? If you're anywhere near Vancouver, you're welcome to try the assortment of tips I've got.

May 31, 2020 at 3:54 PM Post #248 of 401
Nice. I'm also in Canada. Ordered the Azlas from MTMAudio in Hong Kon Last Night. Also ordered the Queen Audi Hybrid and the EarrBond - Might as well give them all a try.
Its interesting how different tips work differently on different IEMS The Final E makes my Xelentos come alive but I dont really like them on anything else. The Whrilwinds are perfect on the RAH and IE800 and the Noble Tips on the Fusion.
Where in Canada are you? If you're anywhere near Vancouver, you're welcome to try the assortment of tips I've got.
Unfortunately I am in Toronto. Will check on MTMaudio later. Thanks again. Just placed my order for Azla tips👍🏼
PS Had tip rolling a bit and I tried: 1. Comply foam which bring up a bit more vocal but it sacrifices too much treble. 2. Original tips sacrifice too much bass and they are not perfectly fit. 3. Even tried out some silicon tips come with Samsung cellphone still no go.
Wish Azla tips would outperform Final Audio Type E. Keep my fingers crossed.🤞🏻

Last edited:
Jun 1, 2020 at 8:11 PM Post #249 of 401
After some cable rolling. My favorite cable to pair with Fusion is:
1. PW Audio 1960s 2 wire - add some body to bass & vocal. Retain clarity in treble.
2. Dita OSLO - add the most body to bass & vocal but sacrifice bit of the treble.
3. Satin Audio Athena 8 braids - give the best clarity in treble. However, vocal is a bit too thin for me. Bass is not bad with Athena though.
Seems like copper cable gives better pairing result with Fusion than silver one.
I have Plussound EXO copper but I don't think it would outperform 1960s / OSLO.

Last edited:
Jun 2, 2020 at 12:21 AM Post #250 of 401
I have also found that a copper based cable works well on the Fusions. David at Triton Audio Cables had a bunch of cables for sale recently and i picked up a one of a kind Triton 8 that he had that is currently my favorite cable with my Fusions and N8. My daily rig for awhile now.

Jun 2, 2020 at 1:58 AM Post #251 of 401
I love the PW Audio 1950s 4-wire pairing with CIEM Fusion: excellent dynamics and body!

Yes, copper cables work well with the Fusion!

Jun 2, 2020 at 2:54 AM Post #252 of 401
Happy to report that silver cable also pairs well with Fusion. I’m using Norne’s Silvergarde SX and it really improves the resolution and bass hits lower and cleaner.

Jun 2, 2020 at 6:43 PM Post #253 of 401
Happy to report that silver cable also pairs well with Fusion. I’m using Norne’s Silvergarde SX and it really improves the resolution and bass hits lower and cleaner.
I also have the Norne Audio SX as well and I agree, it is also great with the Fusions.

Jun 4, 2020 at 6:51 AM Post #254 of 401
Was wondering if anyone compared this against the Voyager 14 from Thieaudio? I am looking for an IEM that has good detail retrieval and separation, something that complements the Fir M5 that I already have. Am keen to get the Voyager 14 but I've read a lot of reviews about this and seems that it would fit what I am looking for too so now I'm torn :frowning2:

Jun 4, 2020 at 7:31 AM Post #255 of 401
Was wondering if anyone compared this against the Voyager 14 from Thieaudio? I am looking for an IEM that has good detail retrieval and separation, something that complements the Fir M5 that I already have. Am keen to get the Voyager 14 but I've read a lot of reviews about this and seems that it would fit what I am looking for too so now I'm torn :frowning2:
I don't have Voyager 14. However, comparing to my custom EE Phantom. Fusion gives better detail, layer & clarity. Soundstage is just slightly wider than Phantom.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back