IT01s IEM. A new view to your music.
Dec 31, 2018 at 1:03 AM Post #211 of 669
633BFB97-81B3-4A3E-BA3A-D5EEB9207E96.jpeg

I am looking forward to getting some hours on these

Dec 31, 2018 at 5:18 AM Post #212 of 669
Dec 31, 2018 at 11:56 AM Post #213 of 669
Everyone have a great and safe New Year! And remember, Enjoy the Music no matter what you are listening with!

iBasso Stay updated on iBasso at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

http://www.ibasso.com/ paul@ibasso.com
Dec 31, 2018 at 9:08 PM Post #214 of 669
I would have been happy with their out of the box sound but. Burn in has added dynamics on top of that even better sense of stage much grander than when looking at the relatively smaller shells. I kept on taking them out of my ears just to look at where that sound is coming from. Lol. They sound a freak of nature right now and I have no idea if it is fully burned in yet.

You are really tempting me here. Trance could sound amazing with the out of head sound you describe.

Did you by any chance have the Fidue A73 before ?
I skipped the IT01 as I got the impression it was more of a side grade move.
My A73’s with Graphene DD have 400+ hours burn in and sound amazing to my ears so I’m after a proper upgrade. Similar with more holographic stereo sound and overall more refined sound.
Don’t do well with spikey highs such as those of ex1000. Smooth but still sparkly.

Wondering if you or anyone else with IT01S & A73 can do a comparison.
A comparison versus IT01 could also help a little.
Are IT01S worth 2x plus price of IT01 ?

Last edited:
Jan 1, 2019 at 7:52 PM Post #215 of 669
The IT01S is one of the longest and most spectacular burn in changes I have ever experienced since the Vega, and it’s not over yet from Paul’s advice to go past the 200 hours.

I am at 120 hours approximately and compared to 100 hours the mids are much fuller and smoother and the signature is balanced again after going through an almost V shaped period that was a bit puzzling... soundstage and imaging have improved significantly and I am eager to get at 200 hours to really get a definitive picture to start writing a review. The cascade burn in file is really more efficient than a mixed playlist I think or at least the changes are much more apparent at each 20 hours increment.

If you’ve just received your IT01S, give them time, you might get some frustration along the burn in process stick with it.
I am fairly confident that it’s going to be well worth it and I love where they’re at around 120 hours. Very very impressive and refined tuning...

Jan 1, 2019 at 8:05 PM Post #216 of 669
You are really tempting me here. Trance could sound amazing with the out of head sound you describe.

Did you by any chance have the Fidue A73 before ?
I skipped the IT01 as I got the impression it was more of a side grade move.
My A73’s with Graphene DD have 400+ hours burn in and sound amazing to my ears so I’m after a proper upgrade. Similar with more holographic stereo sound and overall more refined sound.
Don’t do well with spikey highs such as those of ex1000. Smooth but still sparkly.

Wondering if you or anyone else with IT01S & A73 can do a comparison.
A comparison versus IT01 could also help a little.
Are IT01S worth 2x plus price of IT01 ?

The it01 and A73 are very different. A73 is a more mellow sound, very light bodied which gives it a very easy listening signature. it01 is fuller bodied and more aggressive and energetic in comparison. I'd say the it01 is an upgrade on the A73 but that's my opinion.

Jan 1, 2019 at 9:49 PM Post #217 of 669
The i t01s sounds very nice but be truthful its nice at its price point. Its sound isnt totl good.

Jan 2, 2019 at 9:14 AM Post #219 of 669
IT01s is one of those iems that you cant really know how they sound till you own a pair. sorry to say if you demo it. I am gonna doubt they will do the burn in necessary for them to sound correct at the shop.

It is not a bad statement that they are great for $200 but own them and then burn them in correct . Then lets hear wat you got to say after.

Last edited:
Jan 2, 2019 at 9:26 AM Post #220 of 669
If in the market for a new IEM, this is going to be a hard one to research. Reviews will be all over the place and not one IT01S will sound the same due to the extreme nature of this IEM's burn-in... i've never experienced change like this from the process -- or maybe I'm just experiencing the brilliance of this Cascade MP3.

I suggest that a review tour happens on a heavily used IT01S. This will help give new buyers a way better understanding of the expected sound sig. I *may* be willing to tour mine if iBasso doesn't have a plan in place, or in the very least, will be bringing it to CanJam NYC for others to try out @Paul - iBasso

Jan 2, 2019 at 9:45 AM Post #221 of 669
So I managed to do some cable rolling last night on the IT01s. It is the initial insertion of the MMCX that is very tight. Once you mange to take them off the first time. They seem to loosen up a touch. Enough for me to try different cables. I settled on an upgraded pure silver cable which brings up the resolution a touch and expands the sound even more so than the stock cable.

However this is how good the stock cable is. I went back n forth connecting and disconnecting between the two cables 4X in order for me to really tell the difference in 4 different tracks. The silver cable won but the stock cable sounds about 95% the same. Which is telling of how good that cable is. I was debating if my silver cable was even worth it but in the end getting that little bump in resolution won it.

Last edited:
Jan 2, 2019 at 10:44 AM Post #222 of 669
Hi, how does the IT01s compare against Beyer Xelento?
I know its not exactly an apple to apple comparison, considering the huge price disparity, but genuinely curious whether the IT01s (Burnt-in for more than 200hrs) can actually compete with Xelento

My Westone CIEM just broke down on me last week, and I'm actually looking for a DD as my main IEM this time round. IT01s/Kanas Pro/Xelento caught my attention
My backup iem is a Trinity Audio Delta, so if anyone who owns it and can help do some comparison as well, I will be grateful

Thanks!

Jan 2, 2019 at 12:06 PM Post #223 of 669
The IT01S is one of the longest and most spectacular burn in changes I have ever experienced since the Vega, and it’s not over yet from Paul’s advice to go past the 200 hours.

I am at 120 hours approximately and compared to 100 hours the mids are much fuller and smoother and the signature is balanced again after going through an almost V shaped period that was a bit puzzling... soundstage and imaging have improved significantly and I am eager to get at 200 hours to really get a definitive picture to start writing a review. The cascade burn in file is really more efficient than a mixed playlist I think or at least the changes are much more apparent at each 20 hours increment.

If you’ve just received your IT01S, give them time, you might get some frustration along the burn in process stick with it.
I am fairly confident that it’s going to be well worth it and I love where they’re at around 120 hours. Very very impressive and refined tuning...
I wonder what sound science threads will say to this "burn-in" everybody are claiming @ IT01 and IT01S ?
IT01 also required at least 150h before settling down and I`m suspecting many users sorta "gave up" after 50+h and found them "too bassy" and recessed in mids. Well imho they aren`t.
IT01S should maybe have bold text under cover when You open it saying: "Please! I beg You! Burn me IN at least 200h before sending me back!", LOL.

Jan 2, 2019 at 12:11 PM Post #224 of 669
I wonder what sound science threads will say to this "burn-in" everybody are claiming @ IT01 and IT01S ?
IT01 also required at least 150h before settling down and I`m suspecting many users sorta "gave up" after 50+h and found them "too bassy" and recessed in mids. Well imho they aren`t.
IT01S should maybe have bold text under cover when You open it saying: "Please! I beg You! Burn me IN at least 200h before sending me back!", LOL.
Same thing is true for the RHA CL2.
I don't get the push back against burn in. It's so easy to figure out if it's real or not....
Do the burn in and see for yourself.

Jan 2, 2019 at 12:55 PM Post #225 of 669
IT01 also required at least 150h before settling down and I`m suspecting many users sorta "gave up" after 50+h and found them "too bassy" and recessed in mids. Well imho they aren`t. IT01S should maybe have bold text under cover when You open it saying: "Please! I beg You! Burn me IN at least 200h before sending me back!", LOL.

Yeah it should come in with a note advising the 200 hours burn in, just like the Vega and diamond like coating dynamic driver are a special case of very long and dramatic burn in changes. I have had some gear hardly change with burn in other changing a bit but the IT01S and Vega are the only ones that feature specatuclar changes over the burn in period.

IT01S are not recessed in the mids at all, and one of its strength is portraying of vocals. Now both the bass and upper treble have a strong presence, so after burn in we might end up with a slight U shaped signature but the mids are not recessed in the sense that they take a step back. Let me tell you I listened to several albums of The Persuasions which is full a capella and a good test of the mids and those mids are sweet and vocals are beautiful on the IT01S.

They might not be able to compete with the higher TOTL offerings but I have a feeling they won’t be so far away either when burn in is done.
And that’s a big big wow for me that they’re roughly technically just as proficient as IE800S for example, and more engaging!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back