IT01s IEM. A new view to your music.
Dec 28, 2018 at 12:52 PM Post #181 of 669
Then I’ll try it !

@pr0b3r where did you find the FLAC?

Last edited:
Dec 28, 2018 at 2:44 PM Post #182 of 669
I've been burning in my IT01s for about a week now, 24/7.
I've just been using the 'All Music' list from the DX120 to do it.
Unfortunately, I have quite a few spoken word files too, so I guess that's reducing the overall efficacious burn-in time by about 30% or more :p

I'll start listening to them in a few days I suppose. I'm busy listening to a $2.5k IEM, the CTM Da Vinci X (and the IX), which I'm currently on the review tour for.
It's good to have the opportunity, but it's not the most ideal prelude to doing critical listening to a $200 IEM, even though I'm sure it will be excellent :D

Dec 28, 2018 at 5:03 PM Post #185 of 669
So I just ordered an IT01s. Looking forward to trying them out. :wink:

They keep getting better with burn-in, like @Dsnuts I’ll say it : it’s ridiculously great for the price, heck even at IT04 price it would be great value for money...

The soundstage has expanded significantly now at 50 hours burn in and bass has gained some welcom heft...I think you’ll be happy :)

Did you take grey or blue?

Dec 28, 2018 at 5:07 PM Post #187 of 669
Team blue for the win!!

I took grey, as they would stand out less but blue looks gorgeous and would have been matched to my DX120... :p

Dec 28, 2018 at 5:15 PM Post #188 of 669
They keep getting better with burn-in, like @Dsnuts I’ll say it : it’s ridiculously great for the price, heck even at IT04 price it would be great value for money...

The soundstage has expanded significantly now at 50 hours burn in and bass has gained some welcom heft...I think you’ll be happy :)

Did you take grey or blue?
That's awesome. Sounds like it is gonna be a killer pair.
I got the grays :wink:
Is the cable SPC? Have you tried a copper cable? Any differences to write home about?

Dec 29, 2018 at 2:25 AM Post #190 of 669
@justrest I have the Kanas Pro. They're good. One thing, though, they may be a bit finicky with fit in ear: they have long nozzles, and I had trouble getting a good seal. I had to tip roll A LOT before finding a tip which made them sound their best (to my ears) - and it was a tip which I usually never use.

From what most everybody here said, the IT01s don't share that (possible) problem.

Dec 29, 2018 at 3:08 AM Post #191 of 669
@justrest I have the Kanas Pro. They're good. One thing, though, they may be a bit finicky with fit in ear: they have long nozzles, and I had trouble getting a good seal. I had to tip roll A LOT before finding a tip which made them sound their best (to my ears) - and it was a tip which I usually never use.

From what most everybody here said, the IT01s don't share that (possible) problem.
I have had the problem with the IT01S that you describe - I’m coming to them from the shorter nozzle of the Andro S, and didn’t enjoy the fit at first. I’m on smaller tips now (I think these are the New Bee silicones but not 100% sure, I’ve accumulated so many) and that seems to be the way forward. I’ve got some unpeeled small Symbios at work and am looking forward to trying those.

I’d definitely recommend these to anyone who wants an IEM that’s a better all-rounder than the Andro S (which are better with rock stuff than the IT01s but not quite as enjoyable with bassy and boomy electro/hip hop tracks).

I think iBasso really have something here. These are keepers.

Dec 29, 2018 at 6:46 AM Post #193 of 669
Despite the fit "issue" (depends on ear shape) and tip-rolling (ok for me), what are the main differences between IT01S and KP sound signature?
Are KP clearly inferior or is it just matter of taste (sound signature difference and personal preferences)?
I`m quite torn between IT01S and KP as iBassos get lot more praise, though, they are much more promoted and known also.
KP FR graphs look really nice and all ppl I know who have them really appreciate their sound.

Dec 29, 2018 at 7:42 AM Post #194 of 669
@CoiL I don't have the IT01s (yet :)), so can't answer that.... from impressions I read, I think they're meant to have sort of similar sound signatures (but it's an idea based on what I read of the IT01s - not direct experience).

@jamato8 has both, and expressed a clear preference for the IT01s. Here : https://www.head-fi.org/threads/the...essions-pg2507.586909/page-2731#post-14684348

I do know that the KP, for me, changed quite a bit with the proper tips ... up until I found the right ones for my ears, there were things I liked in them, and things I liked quite a bit less, that were spoiling my appreciation (one time it was not enough bass, another bass was great, but treble was off - all due to not finding the right tips, I believe). With the right tips (for my ears), there's nothing overtly off about them that I can hear, and lots to recommend them. I like them, and think they're good. They cost a bit less than the IT01s (but you get less in accessories, too). It could be that jamato tried them with a pair of tips that don't go well with his ears AND those IEMs (I usually use Spiral Dots in L on 90%+ of my IEMs, as they sound the best, for my ears - and those did not work for me with the KP, like, at all :)), or it could be that I will think exactly the same as jamato once I'll have the IT01s.....

I've heard almost nothing bad about the IT01s, OTOH, so they might be the safer bet. I only know of jamato who has heard both, and currently has both, so I think he's the only guy who can help you out with a more direct opinion/comparison :) .

My data point says that the KP can vary quite a bit, in perceived sound, according to how they fit your ears (well, my ears, in this case), and the tips you use - more so than I usually found with IEMs, for my ears (and I've tried, and have, quite a few IEMs :)).

Dec 29, 2018 at 7:57 AM Post #195 of 669
the Kanas pro are very tips dependent agree, i am using them with small bore tips and the sound is very neutral and natural, i tried some wide bore tips and the treble attacked me, matter of taste, if you are a treble head put wide bore tips and enjoy

Users who are viewing this thread

Back