IT01s IEM. A new view to your music.
Dec 28, 2018 at 4:13 AM Post #168 of 669
Dec 28, 2018 at 5:28 AM Post #169 of 669
I do believe I am done with the burn in. I just want to enjoy them now. Been listening to these bad boys for the past hour. I am just shaking my head at what has been achieved here.I don't recall a single dynamic I have ever owned or heard that matches these. If you are even remotely on the fence. JUMP IN fellas. These are gonna be Legendary! Possible new bench mark in the $200 range for all earphones.

Totally agree with you there, on a side note how many hours have you clocked? Paul told me the IT01S still changed at 200 hours :wink:
I guess I have at least ten days of 24/7 burn in before I get a picture of the sound....

I am still tip rolling but for now I settled on some UE tips. Focuses the sound perfectly for me. I bet their included tips work great. Haven't tried any of them yet. Love how Ibasso thinks of what they should throw in a package. Loving that cable they threw in there too. The only catch on the cable is. I do notice how tight the mmcx is with the new cable. Kinda scared to try pulling it out to cable roll actually. This might be the only real negative I have found on these. The fit of the cable is tighter than any other mmcx earphone I own. Open listen is a thinner sounding a more reserved version of what your gonna get. Slight harshness as well. But I will let you figure that one out. Just burn them in when your sleeping and check em out daily. Your in for a big surprise after a few weeks.

+1 on the UE tips, like for the Solaris I use the UE900 tips one size down, for deep insertion shells are fully flush.

Indeed the stock cable connectors are tight, not so much with other cables. One technique I use is slide my nail between the socket and the cable connector and slowly apply force while turning the earpiece. This allows me to avoid apply pulling force that would maybe damage the socket in the longer run...

I spend 3 hours yesterday with the 1Z and Hansound Zen 8 balanced and it brings a lot in terms of layering but right now the stock cable with the DX120 I keep coming back to although plugging them to the ALO CV5 shows that those will scale with power.

+1 on harshness, interesting to see during burn in that the driver is changing reminds me a lot of the confusing experience with the Vega burn in where sound would get worse during some phases and then improve again...

Dec 28, 2018 at 5:31 AM Post #170 of 669
Totally agree with you there, on a side note how many hours have you clocked? Paul told me the IT01S still changed at 200 hours :wink:
I guess I have at least ten days of 24/7 burn in before I get a picture of the sound....

+1 on the UE tips, like for the Solaris I use the UE900 tips one size down, for deep insertion shells are fully flush.

Indeed the stock cable connectors are tight, not so much with other cables. One technique I use is slide my nail between the socket and the cable connector and slowly apply force while turning the earpiece. This allows me to avoid apply pulling force that would maybe damage the socket in the longer run...

I spend 3 hours yesterday with the 1Z and Hansound Zen 8 balanced and it brings a lot in terms of layering but right now the stock cable with the DX120 I keep coming back to although plugging them to the ALO CV5 shows that those will scale with power.

+1 on harshness, interesting to see during burn in that the driver is changing reminds me a lot of the confusing experience with the Vega burn in where sound would get worse during some phases and then improve again...
Is bass quantity anywhere close to the Vega? How hard does this hit?

Dec 28, 2018 at 6:10 AM Post #171 of 669
A IT01S vs. DM6 comparison would be nice as they're both the same price and equally praised :)
Check crinacle measurements @ DM6 & IT01S. DM6 has peak-hill around 6-8kHz, which may or may not affect user senses negatively as we hear differently and insertion depth plays important role in that area. IT01S souldn`t have any issues with treble in contrary.

Dec 28, 2018 at 6:26 AM Post #172 of 669
Is bass quantity anywhere close to the Vega? How hard does this hit?

Too early to tell how bass will land but I’d say no not hitting as hard but then again aside from Atlas what is...
The distinctive quality even not burnt in is how fast the bass is and it does have nice impact (more than Solaris, snappier attack). We’ll see once burnt in but overall the tuning is much more balanced than the Vega, lower treble is much less fatiguing and upper treble presence is better. Mids are more balanced with a nice vocal delivery and of course it’s not overpowered by the lower frequencies :p

Dec 28, 2018 at 7:41 AM Post #174 of 669
I am burn-in the IT01s about 70 hours, and now I can tell with confidence that it is very balanced sound. I do not love brightness, and first the sound of these IEM to me seemed to me excessively persuasive. Now, 70 hours (I did not listen to IT01s, it burn-in in my big audio system is simple) later everything very comfortably and sounding very balanced, as with ifi xDSD, LPG, and with DX120.

49310593_2399252666811946_7241622767261450240_o.jpg

Dec 28, 2018 at 8:34 AM Post #176 of 669
Dec 28, 2018 at 12:17 PM Post #177 of 669
Are you guys burning with listening or playing tracks and setting them aside? I've got mine as my daily right now but it mostly just videos being played in the background at work. I did foam mod the tips until the burn in is reached. It's a bit too bright for me coming from the IMR R1. The foam helps for right now.

Dec 28, 2018 at 12:42 PM Post #179 of 669
Are you guys burning with listening or playing tracks and setting them aside? I've got mine as my daily right now but it mostly just videos being played in the background at work. I did foam mod the tips until the burn in is reached. It's a bit too bright for me coming from the IMR R1. The foam helps for right now.

There are two things, the burn in which is setting the IEMs aside with the player at +20/25% volume (I don’t listen loud so burn in in my ears will take ages...) and the listening which I do 3/4 hours a day (the IT01S is burning in 24/7 since I got them, given the 200 hours minimum to get to the full potential).

Some people use pink noise, I typically simply put a playlist of various genres but mainly things with hard hitting bass, metal and anything that will flex the drivers more :p

Dec 28, 2018 at 12:50 PM Post #180 of 669
Essential burn in file. This was posted on the Solaris thread and I have been using this. Excellent easy MP3 single file DL from Tara Labs. Put this on a loop on your computer or player and let it rip at moderate volumes. https://www.taralabs.com/cascade-noise-burn-in

Works extremely well for the IT01s.

I use the same burn in file. I have the FLAC version though. It runs for more than 70 minutes and I just play it on loop with my DAP. Same file I use for burning in both HP out of my Sony ZX300. I find that this exact file gives quicker results compared to others that I've tried. It's just important to note that excessive volume might destroy the drivers, especially for earbuds. I used it first time on my Vido earbuds which took away most of the low frequency sound.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back