Isone Pro - the best thing you could ever get for your headphones on your computer
Jun 15, 2012 at 9:18 PM Post #601 of 963
To be honest, if you actually follow the Isone guide regarding HRTF, it results in a much better more rounded sound than any tweaking with Sheppi.
Tried all the combos, yes, increased depth but really doesn't sound natural at all. If you've configured the HRTF section of Isone right, you know you have as it sounds 'natural' to you and the extreme right and left sounds are parallel with your ears.

Imaging is more important than soundstage. The best sound is where you don't need to worry about the sound.

Jun 16, 2012 at 2:53 AM Post #602 of 963
Quote:
To be honest, if you actually follow the Isone guide regarding HRTF, it results in a much better more rounded sound than any tweaking with Sheppi.
Tried all the combos, yes, increased depth but really doesn't sound natural at all. If you've configured the HRTF section of Isone right, you know you have as it sounds 'natural' to you and the extreme right and left sounds are parallel with your ears.

Imaging is more important than soundstage. The best sound is where you don't need to worry about the sound.

Sheppi can be overused you've got to get the settings right I find it natural sounding and I'm fussy. Some people like Isone some don't. I noticed with Sheppi the treble can become to wet and also the delays can become pronounced. I don't use alot of it in combo with Dolby. I find it the best. To my tastes Isone is less accurate but it does have a bit of a wow factor which I like compared to no plugin:) The out of head vocal presentation is quite amazing with Sheppi+Dolby. I've heard of another using Sheppi with Isone. Some people love Sheppi :)

Jun 18, 2012 at 3:25 PM Post #608 of 963
Quote:
not sure about the rest but izotope 4 and 5.had room simulation,reverb,  http://www.musik-schmidt.de/images/product_images/popup_images/Izotope-Ozone-5-Advanced_1.jpg

Reverb and room sim alone has nothing to do with what Isone or crossfeed is about. If that were the case, then any old reverb would work. What we're talking about here is strictly for headphones, and it's the HRTF and the crossfeed that is the most important features. Reverb/room sim, speaker cabinet emulation, etc are just icing on the cake, and are not essential. 

Jun 23, 2012 at 4:55 PM Post #610 of 963
Oh man, I've configured Isone so well for my HTRF and room settings that I've really starting to notice the DT880 flaw of shallow soundstage depth now more than ever 
frown.gif

Still 
beyersmile.png
 though

Aug 28, 2012 at 9:30 PM Post #611 of 963
I been trying messing with the settings for a long time with the demo version, and as it doesn't allow saving I thought to myself "f... that, it's just 15 euros, let's buy this thing". So I did it. Its a lot easier to get the proper setting, because you can save multiple times and get better each time having the previous savefiles to compare. I don't like the process described in the manual, it just doesn't work to me, so I keep turning the knobs ramdomly and noticing the effects. Well, after one day messing around, I finally could get a setting that almost puts a perfect image in front of me as if it was coming from little speakers 2 feet away of my nose. It's a great effect for using my laptop lying on the bed, as I usually do.
So my advice is if you couldn't still manage to get a satisfatory result with Isone, keep trying, even if you don't wanna buy it now. But when you get that magic setting you'll be surprised how good it can get.

Aug 29, 2012 at 7:41 AM Post #612 of 963
Quote:
I been trying messing with the settings for a long time with the demo version, and as it doesn't allow saving I thought to myself "f... that, it's just 15 euros, let's buy this thing". So I did it. Its a lot easier to get the proper setting, because you can save multiple times and get better each time having the previous savefiles to compare. I don't like the process described in the manual, it just doesn't work to me, so I keep turning the knobs ramdomly and noticing the effects. Well, after one day messing around, I finally could get a setting that almost puts a perfect image in front of me as if it was coming from little speakers 2 feet away of my nose. It's a great effect for using my laptop lying on the bed, as I usually do.
So my advice is if you couldn't still manage to get a satisfatory result with Isone, keep trying, even if you don't wanna buy it now. But when you get that magic setting you'll be surprised how good it can get.

Can you share the settings you are using? Either with screen saver or writing it down.

Sep 1, 2012 at 10:13 AM Post #613 of 963
This doesn't work for me in Winamp no matter what plugin I use...keeps saying invalid VST plugin. I'm also using Wasapi Out by Maiko

Sep 4, 2012 at 2:33 PM Post #614 of 963
Quote:

Can you share the settings you are using? Either with screen saver or writing it down.

Sure sir!

This is best config I came up with and it's working fine to me, not so much for lead vocals, but I guess it's something you can't work out anyway. At least for me, YMMV.

In my experience it helps to have a pair of speakers in front of you, it increases the illusion in some sort of wicked neuro response of our tricky brain, if that makes sense.
bigsmile_face.gif

It would be cool if other Isone users also share their settings.

Sep 4, 2012 at 4:22 PM Post #615 of 963
Quote:

Sure sir!

This is best config I came up with and it's working fine to me, not so much for lead vocals, but I guess it's something you can't work out anyway. At least for me, YMMV.

In my experience it helps to have a pair of speakers in front of you, it increases the illusion in some sort of wicked neuro response of our tricky brain, if that makes sense.
bigsmile_face.gif

It would be cool if other Isone users also share their settings.

Thanks for sharing. This setting do to my sound like a wet sock over the drivers with too much echo no matter what headphones being used.

Here is the setting I've been using with no much better success:

With 99% of songs Isone sound like crap frankly, but if you like to listen to music that sounds great with Isone I suggest listening to the record Guldkorn Från Mäster Cees Memoarer by artist Cornelis Vreeswijk.

He is a musical treasure sadly not known well enough outside of Sweden.

I find J Rivers own Effects - enhancing the soundstage + crossfeed sounding much better when listening to music though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back