Isone Pro - the best thing you could ever get for your headphones on your computer
May 27, 2012 at 12:39 PM Post #586 of 963
Quote:
If you don't know how to use the plugin, just don't use it... It took me months to set it up perfectly to my ears and now I feel like walking in heaven when listening. Absolutely natural sound with balanced sound layers (that means you will definitely loose some amount of detail in order to get a proper simulation of environment around you) :)

It is also good to mention that I don't like TB Isone as much as Isone Pro (previous version of this software). So I can only definitely recommend trying Isone Pro.

Why not go through every setting used.

May 28, 2012 at 11:14 AM Post #587 of 963
It's really not nearly as complicated as they are making it out to be.  There is no correct way to do it.  The calibration technique described by the author can be summed up as "move this setting until it sounds like your monitors".
Quote:
 Why not go through every setting used.

May 28, 2012 at 5:59 PM Post #588 of 963
Quote:
It's really not nearly as complicated as they are making it out to be.  There is no correct way to do it.  The calibration technique described by the author can be summed up as "move this setting until it sounds like your monitors".

I've read the manual,(if you can call that a manual) tried every possible setting and the sound is never "monitor like" on 99.9% of my music collection with my LCD-2 or any other headphone I have. Put on Louis Armstrong - What a Wonderful World, and it works great tho.
I'm just curious what setting people are using for this "amazing speaker like effect" to kick in.

May 28, 2012 at 7:52 PM Post #589 of 963
I can get it to sound like my monitors if I pulled socks over them. 

I don't know what setting every one seems to contend makes them sound correctly.  All I know is apparently they are much smarter than us for figuring it out.

I've read the manual,(if you can call that a manual) tried every possible setting and the sound is never "monitor like" on 99.9% of my music collection with my LCD-2 or any other headphone I have. Put on Louis Armstrong - What a Wonderful World, and it works great tho.
I'm just curious what setting people are using for this "amazing speaker like effect" to kick in.

May 28, 2012 at 8:20 PM Post #590 of 963
Or maybe your HRTFs just don't match up well.

There are only so many settings you can give a user to dial in and not many computer programs have settings that are dependent on your anatomy either.

May 29, 2012 at 12:17 AM Post #592 of 963
Quote:
HRTF only has to do with positional processing that gives the illusion that the sound comes from in front of our around your head.  

And that has to do with how the sound waves interact with your head and pinna.  Have you ever noticed that everyone's ears look different?  If you go all Van Gogh and cut off one of your ears or Mike Tyson takes a chunk out of one of them you'll have a hard time localizing sounds until you brain has time to learn your new HRTF.

May 30, 2012 at 7:02 AM Post #594 of 963
I really gave Isone a good try but I can in no way get the sound out of my head, sure it moves around a bit but it's still inside. When you toggle it on, it sounds a bit like it moves out for a second or two and then the brain catches up again and you realize there's pound of steele on your head.

This is not really a problem for me since I actually enjoy headphone listening and the "inside-your-head" sound and high detail is part of that, for me anyways.
I think the power of really wanting it to work would really help it to do so, maybe that's why it doesn't for me.

Quote:
If you don't know how to use the plugin, just don't use it... It took me months to set it up perfectly to my ears and now I feel like walking in heaven when listening. Absolutely natural sound with balanced sound layers (that means you will definitely loose some amount of detail in order to get a proper simulation of environment around you) :)

It is also good to mention that I don't like TB Isone as much as Isone Pro (previous version of this software). So I can only definitely recommend trying Isone Pro.

That might just be getting used to it. I don't think Isone is that advanced, not settingwise aleast, there's not that many settings and there's not a great difference in small changes.
I bet if you used any sound altering plugin for a few months you'll get used to that too and anything else would sound weird.

Cheers!

LL

May 30, 2012 at 7:44 AM Post #595 of 963
Quote:
This must work GREAT with my HRTF. http://www.head-fi.org/t/611711/reinforcing-that-out-of-head-sound-sheppi-spatial-enhancer#post_8416179 Best out of head in front of you, better than isone.

I use that in conjunction with Isone lol. I find that with Isone, you need to hear the real acoustic ambience for your brain to hear the effect. So while things like small studio monitors or small studio does it for me, I never had a chance to be in a large studio thus Isone in that setting does not work for me.

Jun 1, 2012 at 10:32 AM Post #596 of 963
Quote:
I use that in conjunction with Isone lol. I find that with Isone, you need to hear the real acoustic ambience for your brain to hear the effect. So while things like small studio monitors or small studio does it for me, I never had a chance to be in a large studio thus Isone in that setting does not work for me.

Interesting. I use near field monitors but seem to like the monitors about 2 meters away -that's more than my nearfields. I like Isone tho I'm finding Dolby and Sheppi do better at preserving the sound and giving out of head experience.

Jun 1, 2012 at 1:04 PM Post #597 of 963
Quote:
Interesting. I use near field monitors but seem to like the monitors about 2 meters away -that's more than my nearfields. I like Isone tho I'm finding Dolby and Sheppi do better at preserving the sound and giving out of head experience.

Don't have dolby to try though :frowning2: Sheppi does a nice job with widening the space which is what I like about it and I think provides more control than TB_omnisone, though the omnisone is 10x more user friendly and has positioning control too, which is what I like about it. Maybe it is because of the way your monitors are tuned with the room? FR can really change imaging. 

For reference my, near field monitors at home are about 60cm or 2 feet away from my ears. 

Jun 4, 2012 at 12:49 AM Post #598 of 963
Right now I'm using the Isone EZQ, makes a huge difference in headphone sound, especially if they're the bright kind. I just set a bit of dark/warm, makes my headphones smooth.

Jun 4, 2012 at 2:02 AM Post #599 of 963
Quote:
Right now I'm using the Isone EZQ, makes a huge difference in headphone sound, especially if they're the bright kind. I just set a bit of dark/warm, makes my headphones smooth.

Have to try ezq I've been fussing alot with parametric electri-q. Good option for those who want to keep it simple and the designers may have created suprising results...

Jun 4, 2012 at 5:53 AM Post #600 of 963
Quote:
Have to try ezq I've been fussing alot with parametric electri-q. Good option for those who want to keep it simple and the designers may have created suprising results...

Actually I also tried to use the Isone Equalizer, but as you said, it takes a bit of setting to get the right sound. This one's kinda easy to setup.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back