ISN Earphones impression thread. New ISN NEO 3!
Sep 16, 2022 at 3:16 PM Post #3,766 of 5,044
I cannot conform or deny this.
I do have some information regarding the drivers being used.

The naming scheme would tell you it might be a lesser brother of the H50..... BUT
it is using a Sonion BA for mids and a Knowles BA for the highs.
A 9.2mm Beryllium frosted diaphragm for the bass... These are going to be a little brother of the EST50 is more like it.

Again I cannot confirm or deny this.

Based on the description of the H30 on their website and the drivers you mentioned in your post, it is the H30 you are getting.

Looking forward to reading your first impressions. 8 hours in with the EST50 and it gets better and better.
333E203A-0A89-4F75-A8BE-FD8ED5E8D01B.gif

Sep 16, 2022 at 3:56 PM Post #3,768 of 5,044
A long night awaits me. After 8 hours spent with the EST50, I already can confirm that these IEMs are goosebumps material for those like me who appreciate a potent yet layered low-end with full mids and controlled treble. Very low mileage, though. Honeymoon phase kicking hard too, in the true sense of the term.
A neutral and high-end source like the LPGT seems to pair very well with the EST50. Added the C9 into the mix for some power. TGIF

BB8C39AA-B01F-4955-A1DF-00EF07C6D100.jpeg

9C28FB9F-0902-4FFA-B30D-2CC3C26AA47C.jpeg

F31354F8-2F9D-4086-B304-1E122D3FBDA5.jpeg

Sep 16, 2022 at 4:19 PM Post #3,770 of 5,044
Sep 16, 2022 at 4:43 PM Post #3,771 of 5,044
A long night awaits me. After 8 hours spent with the EST50, I already can confirm that these IEMs are goosebumps material for those like me who appreciate a potent yet layered low-end with full mids and controlled treble. Very low mileage, though. Honeymoon phase kicking hard too, in the true sense of the term.
A neutral and high-end source like the LPGT seems to pair very well with the EST50. Added the C9 into the mix for some power. TGIF

I see you got the PAC480 on them. EST50 does extremely well with some pure silver. If you got a more transparent cable I would try those. PAC480 will smooth out the top end a bit for the EST50 so not the best matching cable for it. Believe it or not it will sound even better with something like the Penon Mix or ISN SC4 cable.

EST50s do need a good run in for better cohesion and a tighter sound. I can tell you like your bass. Lol. PAC480 will bring the hammer, add a fuller note weight and smooth out the treble. The EST50 already has an easy listening treble to its tuning so something like a pure silver cable will bring that more forward and tighten up the bass end. In other words it will get even better with a properly matching cable. Nothing wrong with using the PAC480 but believe me, it gets even better.

Last edited:
Sep 16, 2022 at 4:53 PM Post #3,772 of 5,044
I see you got the PAC480 on them. EST50 does extremely well with some pure silver. If you got a more transparent cable I would try those. PAC480 will smooth out the top end a bit for the EST50 so not the best matching cable for it. Believe it or not it will sound even better with something like the Penon Mix or ISN SC4 cable.

EST50s do need a good run in for better cohesion and a tighter sound. I can tell you like your bass. Lol. PAC480 will bring the hammer, add a fuller note weight and smooth out the treble. The EST50 already has an easy listening treble to its tuning so something like a pure silver cable will bring that more forward and tighten up the bass end. In other words it will get even better with a properly matching cable. Nothing wrong with using the PAC480 but believe me, it gets even better.
Thanks for that👌. I have two pairs of PAC480 and love what this cable does. Absolutely aware of the extra warmth and oomph it brings. Had a very satisfying Electronic session this afternoon (hence the goosebumps posted earlier). It’s my dope so far and I have yet to bring the Satin Audio Hyperion into the mix. Will do it during the weekend. On the other side, the LPGT is the ultimate toy to fine tune a signature with its fantastic EQ.

The EST50 respond well to EQ, but nothing massive to correct here.

ISN = a brand to follow

Sep 16, 2022 at 5:12 PM Post #3,773 of 5,044
@Dsnuts : I forgot I had an Oriveti Affinity-2 cable at hand. Not a true silver cable, only SPC, but bringing some more clarity.

https://www.oriveti.com/product-page/affinity-premium-iem-upgrade-cable-mmcx-3-5mm-stereo

Noticing a lighter touch in the low-end, tighter it is, yes, and the whole signature is more balanced. It also slightly increases the level of details. Highly enjoyable and maybe the way to go with the EST50. The PAC480 accentuates the sweetness of the EST50, but what it does in the bass section is 🫠.

Sep 16, 2022 at 6:01 PM Post #3,774 of 5,044
UPOCC silver plated coppers are very transparent so that cable should do just fine. The great thing about the EST50 is just how much cables shape their sound. Its stock cable does the EST50 no justice but you can tell they put the effort into the tuning the tribrid formula on the EST50 and its driver make up.

This being said. I have some insight into the new ISN H30.. Tuning looks like a mix between the H40 and the EST50. Cant wait to check em out.

Sep 16, 2022 at 6:02 PM Post #3,775 of 5,044

The ISN EST50 + SC4 for the epic win!

Sep 16, 2022 at 6:24 PM Post #3,776 of 5,044
UPOCC silver plated coppers are very transparent so that cable should do just fine. The great thing about the EST50 is just how much cables shape their sound. Its stock cable does the EST50 no justice but you can tell they put the effort into the tuning the tribrid formula on the EST50 and its driver make up.

This being said. I have some insight into the new ISN H30.. Tuning looks like a mix between the H40 and the EST50. Cant wait to check em out.
Agree on the stock cable. The aforementioned Oriveti SPC cable pairs very nicely and it’s good to have 2 cables at hand depending on the mood and genres played.

The H30 most likely will be priced in the USD 200.- region. Let’s wait and wonder.

The next move would be to get the following infrastructure: 1DD/4BA (2mid/2mid-high) and 4EST -> EST90 priced south of 1K

Last edited:
Sep 16, 2022 at 8:05 PM Post #3,777 of 5,044
Anyone experienced strong driver flex on EST50?

Even though the vents are on the small side I haven't experienced driver flex. As Dsnuts suggested try foam tips. TWS foam tips work well for me with EST50, keeps its sound signature.

Sep 16, 2022 at 8:52 PM Post #3,778 of 5,044
Even though the vents are on the small side I haven't experienced driver flex. As Dsnuts suggested try foam tips. TWS foam tips work well for me with EST50, keeps its sound signature.
Yes...............none found here?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back