ISN Earphones impression thread. New ISN NEO 3!
Sep 17, 2022 at 8:59 AM Post #3,781 of 5,044
Exactly that’s exactly what it does. But actually the end results get perceived as a style of rearrangement in other areas. Where when the bass gets subdued, the treble then reaches forward, but in doing that the treble also has a different relationship with the mids. The mids have come forward too, but when that happens, it’s different than maybe you expect? Anyways......the bass becomes like a clear and paced affair which still blankets the bass area, only it’s slightly different in presentation and transparent. :)

The SC4 and EST50 is one set-up that’s completely entertaining. IMO

Last edited:
Sep 17, 2022 at 9:10 AM Post #3,782 of 5,044
A long night awaits me. After 8 hours spent with the EST50, I already can confirm that these IEMs are goosebumps material for those like me who appreciate a potent yet layered low-end with full mids and controlled treble. Very low mileage, though. Honeymoon phase kicking hard too, in the true sense of the term.
A neutral and high-end source like the LPGT seems to pair very well with the EST50. Added the C9 into the mix for some power. TGIF

BB8C39AA-B01F-4955-A1DF-00EF07C6D100.jpeg
9C28FB9F-0902-4FFA-B30D-2CC3C26AA47C.jpeg
F31354F8-2F9D-4086-B304-1E122D3FBDA5.jpeg
That color is beautiful!

Sep 17, 2022 at 6:34 PM Post #3,783 of 5,044
Exactly that’s exactly what it does. But actually the end results get perceived as a style of rearrangement in other areas. Where when the bass gets subdued, the treble then reaches forward, but in doing that the treble also has a different relationship with the mids. The mids have come forward too, but when that happens, it’s different than maybe you expect? Anyways......the bass becomes like a clear and paced affair which still blankets the bass area, only it’s slightly different in presentation and transparent. :)

The SC4 and EST50 is one set-up that’s completely entertaining. IMO
Spent the day with the EST50 with the yesterday evening mentioned Oriveti Affinity-2 SPC cable.

The EST50 react to cable switching as they do with tips. To my taste, there is an uninvited and occasional brightness in the upper-mids/lower treble section occuring sometimes.

We can debate cables for ages. Tips too. It’s up to the user and it’s own taste and, if I may say, experience in portable audio, IEMs and the way he:she understands what he:she is after.

In my case, I like the EST50 so much so far that I am considering a Plussound Copper cable. Entry level I mean, but the very same cable brought my IER-Z1R to the next level comfort wise and brought the mids where they were meant to be. I am confident this Copper story is what my EST50 need.

Last edited:
Sep 17, 2022 at 7:38 PM Post #3,784 of 5,044
Totally cables are subjective. Though the EST50 may smooth out a tad with burn-in, at least it did for me?
Spent the day with the EST50 with the yesterday evening mentioned Oriveti Affinity-2 SPC cable.

The EST50 react to cable switching as they do with tips. To my taste, there is an uninvited and occasional brightness in the upper-mids/lower treble section occuring sometimes.

We can debate cables for ages. Tips too. It’s up to the user and it’s own taste and, if I may say, experience in portable audio, IEMs and the way he:she understands what he:she is after.

In my case, I like the EST50 so much so far that I am considering a Plussound Copper cable. Entry level I mean, but the very same cable brought my IER-Z1R to the next level comfort wise and brought the mids where they were meant to be. I am confident this Copper story is what my EST50 need.

Sep 17, 2022 at 7:39 PM Post #3,785 of 5,044
Totally cables are subjective. Though the EST50 may smooth out a tad with burn-in, at least it did for me?
Ongoing process. And how nice it is👌

Sep 20, 2022 at 10:42 AM Post #3,786 of 5,044
Thanks for that👌. I have two pairs of PAC480 and love what this cable does. Absolutely aware of the extra warmth and oomph it brings. Had a very satisfying Electronic session this afternoon (hence the goosebumps posted earlier). It’s my dope so far and I have yet to bring the Satin Audio Hyperion into the mix. Will do it during the weekend. On the other side, the LPGT is the ultimate toy to fine tune a signature with its fantastic EQ.

The EST50 respond well to EQ, but nothing massive to correct here.

ISN = a brand to follow
EST 50s equals pure dope all right...
A undoubtedly unique experience of heavnly sonics....

Sep 20, 2022 at 10:48 AM Post #3,787 of 5,044
EST 50s equals pure dope all right...
A undoubtedly unique experience of heavnly sonics....
Indeed, very satisfied with these somewhat affordable tribrids.

Last edited:
Sep 20, 2022 at 11:09 AM Post #3,788 of 5,044
Hello,

The fear I have is that it will be too bright.
I prefer warm profiles and I am very sensitive to wheezing.

Thank you very much!!!
I would suggest to wait for some information on the forthcoming H30, or (better) save some cash for the absolute king aka EST50.

Sep 20, 2022 at 11:42 AM Post #3,789 of 5,044
So I got the H30 preproduction finished model last night. Listened to it for a good 2 hours.

OK so these things are clearly ISN models, no mistaking their musicality fullness rich tonal character and authority. The tuning is like a cross between the ISN H40 and the EST50 more so than the ISN H50.

Its tonality is similar to the EST50 especially for its mids. Its sound balancing is more closer to the H40. The Sonion BA doing the mids sound rich and full on. More forward in the mids than most clearly V shaped tunings. Trebles have nice clarity and sizzle. I think where these fall a bit is for its stage presentation. It sounds nicely spacious and forward but does not have a wide a stage as the H40, the H50 or the EST50. Otherwise these are not necessarily a downgrade from the ISN H40 in how they sound. They sound just as engaging if not more so. These might be using higher end BAs actually vs the H40. Not 100% certain but there was never any mention of what type of BAs are being used for the H40 is my point.

Its Beryllium frosted dynamic does a great job at bass and is a bit more tighter sounding with solid definition even more so than the bass on the H40 out of the box. Not exactly the silicone dynamic that is on the EST50 but it does a good job for the bass end nonetheless a bit more in the mid bass emphasis than sub bass. Being a true ISN IEM you know it will bring it for bass when called upon. Beryllium plated dynamics all are ample with the boom and that is no different on the H30.

These are going to be cheaper than the H40. But with a much more compact shell. I think you guys will be pleasantly surprised at the price these will be sold for. These will certainly be extremely competitive for its price range. Excellent offering by ISN. Do you need the H30 if you already own the H40 H50 and or the EST50? If you gotta have em all yes. Plus wait till you guys see the final price on these. Considering it is using a Sonion BA and Knowles BA with a solid Beryllium frosted dynamic for is sound production. It clearly sounds like it to my ears. The mids especially is fantastic on the H30.

They clearly stand on their own for sound and I really like the new shells these are using. As mentioned earlier they are much more compact and are not as bulky as the ISN H40. This makes sense as it is using less drivers vs its older brothers. So might as well compact that shell. It comes with a standard copper cable but I am willing to bet you can make these sound on par with the H50 or even the EST50 with a nice upgraded cable and some proper tips. Will have some pics later. But for now.

GET YOUR CASH READY! These will be launched toward the end of this week.

Last edited:
Sep 20, 2022 at 11:51 AM Post #3,790 of 5,044
You know I take that back about the stage. I will have to do a closer head to head comparo against its older brothers. These have a decidedly wider stage for IEMs I have yet to hear a stage that is confined sounding on an ISN IEM so ya. They seriously tick all the boxes as far as what we are used to for ISN IEMS. Your going to be surprised just how close these come to its older much more expensive brothers in sound. Pretty shocking if you all knew what I know about its RP it will be sold for. Lol.

I have a feeling these will expand a bit more so for sound once it gets some proper burn in. Will be back with some more observations on how they are doing.

I am listening to them right now on my BTR7 via Fiio M15. Sound spectacular. You guys are in for a treat. The nice long wait from their last release was well worth it.

Last edited:
Sep 20, 2022 at 12:13 PM Post #3,793 of 5,044
Guys, it's a pleasure to meet you, I need an iem that doesn't "scream" in specific songs in my ears, and that continues to be melodious, the question is, which is the most comfortable one ergonomically speaking, and also in terms of harmonic sound? (example: the sound of bl-03, which knows how to touch your heart without screaming in your ears), I separated some, but I need your opinion to make me come to a conclusion on which one I should buy (remembering that I'm valuing comfort and musicality):

Penon Orb, Penon Serial, Penon Globe,
YanYin Aladdin,
ISN H40,
ISN H50,
KZ ESX,
any other..?

I can only choose one of these, and I need you to bang the hammer!

I need to know what is the best cost x benefit for you, from comfort to melodious musicality, I love lo-fi, some songs by justin bieber, bruno mars, daft punk, jazz..

Also tell me what is the most comfortable shell you've ever tried? I fell in love just seeing the penon orb shell
Can't go wrong with any Penon stuff.

Sep 20, 2022 at 12:34 PM Post #3,795 of 5,044
So I got the H30 preproduction finished model last night. Listened to it for a good 2 hours.

OK so these things are clearly ISN models, no mistaking their musicality fullness rich tonal character and authority. The tuning is like a cross between the ISN H40 and the EST50 more so than the ISN H50.

Its tonality is similar to the EST50 especially for its mids. Its sound balancing is more closer to the H40. The Sonion BA doing the mids sound rich and full on. More forward in the mids than most clearly V shaped tunings. Trebles have nice clarity and sizzle. I think where these fall a bit is for its stage presentation. It sounds nicely spacious and forward but does not have a wide a stage as the H40, the H50 or the EST50. Otherwise these are not necessarily a downgrade from the ISN H40 in how they sound. They sound just as engaging if not more so. These might be using higher end BAs actually vs the H40. Not 100% certain but there was never any mention of what type of BAs are being used for the H40 is my point.

Its Beryllium frosted dynamic does a great job at bass and is a bit more tighter sounding with solid definition even more so than the bass on the H40 out of the box. Not exactly the silicone dynamic that is on the EST50 but it does a good job for the bass end nonetheless a bit more in the mid bass emphasis than sub bass. Being a true ISN IEM you know it will bring it for bass when called upon. Beryllium plated dynamics all are ample with the boom and that is no different on the H30.

These are going to be cheaper than the H40. But with a much more compact shell. I think you guys will be pleasantly surprised at the price these will be sold for. These will certainly be extremely competitive for its price range. Excellent offering by ISN. Do you need the H30 if you already own the H40 H50 and or the EST50? If you gotta have em all yes. Plus wait till you guys see the final price on these. Considering it is using a Sonion BA and Knowles BA with a solid Beryllium frosted dynamic for is sound production. It clearly sounds like it to my ears. The mids especially is fantastic on the H30.

They clearly stand on their own for sound and I really like the new shells these are using. As mentioned earlier they are much more compact and are not as bulky as the ISN H40. This makes sense as it is using less drivers vs its older brothers. So might as well compact that shell. It comes with a standard copper cable but I am willing to bet you can make these sound on par with the H50 or even the EST50 with a nice upgraded cable and some proper tips. Will have some pics later. But for now.

GET YOUR CASH READY! These will be launched toward the end of this week.
Well....
me for the time being just GETTING MY CASH READY.... just because I... GOTTA HAVE EM ALL.......
supposing I am just being a bit greedy BUT... what the heck man..... to hard to pass this one...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back