ISN Earphones impression thread. New ISN NEO 3!
Jun 3, 2020 at 2:18 PM Post #1,291 of 5,044
Silver works good with the H40 better than most hybrids due to the warmish mids they have. I am currently using my ISN SC4 cable which is half pure silver. I do like a bit of copper in the mix with the H40 as it helps with cohesion while the silver helps with the detail aspect.

Pure silver cables will tighten up the sonics, generally gives better imaging in the process. Added effect of leaning out the mid bass a touch. Which can be perceived as tighter bass. Silver works great on the H40.

Last edited:
Jun 3, 2020 at 6:00 PM Post #1,292 of 5,044
Got something in today...
1591220601908.png

1591220950388.png

1591221018605.png

Handsome and as light as I would want it to be. Good fit. Sounds pretty much as they claim with a big stage with very good depth, sweet thicker but not too thick vocals. Warmish but quick and everything is still very well resolved and distinct/separated. Sounds very much like the descriptions of the H40 sound signature(I've not heard the H40).

Last edited:
Jun 4, 2020 at 10:29 AM Post #1,297 of 5,044
For h40 what could be a Sonic upgrade by replacing the s8 stock cable in 50 USD range?
Thanks

That would be the ISN S4. S4 has more silver content than copper so it tightens up the sonics on the H40 with better imaging and stage. I tested it out using the S4 cable and it is most definitley an upgrade to the S8.

Jun 4, 2020 at 1:16 PM Post #1,299 of 5,044
OK, thanks! So I just need to order d10 for my wife and switch cables
Joking aside, d10 sounds just as good (or better, though I need to test again since it’s been a while) with copper or high copper content cables. Particularly during burn in when it can sound quite harsh (we’ve moved from 50 to 100 hours as the optimal burn time over the course of the thread, which I support)!

Jun 4, 2020 at 1:18 PM Post #1,300 of 5,044
I was gonna suggest that actually. Is the best way to get the ISN S4 cable. Here is the funny aspect of cable swapping. the ISN S4 goes better with the H40 and the ISN S8 goes better with the D10. Crazy how that works out.

Something I havent mentioned before but I tried the S8 on the D10. Brings a bit of a thicker sound which I feel the D10 benefit from. So your actually optimizing 2 phones even though it seems to be a devious swap. Lol.

Jun 4, 2020 at 1:28 PM Post #1,301 of 5,044
Got something in today...
1591220601908.png
1591220950388.png
1591221018605.png
Handsome and as light as I would want it to be. Good fit. Sounds pretty much as they claim with a big stage with very good depth, sweet thicker but not too thick vocals. Warmish but quick and everything is still very well resolved and distinct/separated. Sounds very much like the descriptions of the H40 sound signature(I've not heard the H40).
Agreed with your impressions. The GC4 and AG8 are my top picks for ISN cables.

Jun 4, 2020 at 7:35 PM Post #1,302 of 5,044
I'm curious if anybody has experienced a decrease or tightening in the sub bass of the D10 over the course of burn in, or possibly with a different cable. I have about 50 hours or so on mine so far, and there are definitely aspects about the sound that I really like, but the sub bass is frequently just like a dull thudding monstrosity that overtakes everything else. It's not even like midbass bleed into the lower mids, it's just overwhelming thudding without texture that makes it too distracting to focus on anything else.

I keep hoping that every passing hour will tighten things up, but that's one thing that doesn't seem to be changing. Tried different tips and also checked to make sure the vents were not blocked, but no luck. I have other IEMs with really strong sub bass that I like (TFZ No. 3 and Ikko OH10 come to mind), but this is on another level altogether.

I really love the ergonomics of the shells and cable. Incredibly lightweight and comfortable. I just can't cope with this bass.

Jun 4, 2020 at 7:52 PM Post #1,303 of 5,044
I'm curious if anybody has experienced a decrease or tightening in the sub bass of the D10 over the course of burn in, or possibly with a different cable.

Hi, I swapped to Audiosense cable because of S4 problem. I feel I lose the subwoofer effect on D10 and the bass is not as much as using the S4 (stock cable).
I hope my replacement cable will reach me soon.

Jun 4, 2020 at 7:54 PM Post #1,304 of 5,044
I'm curious if anybody has experienced a decrease or tightening in the sub bass of the D10 over the course of burn in, or possibly with a different cable. I have about 50 hours or so on mine so far, and there are definitely aspects about the sound that I really like, but the sub bass is frequently just like a dull thudding monstrosity that overtakes everything else. It's not even like midbass bleed into the lower mids, it's just overwhelming thudding without texture that makes it too distracting to focus on anything else.

I keep hoping that every passing hour will tighten things up, but that's one thing that doesn't seem to be changing. Tried different tips and also checked to make sure the vents were not blocked, but no luck. I have other IEMs with really strong sub bass that I like (TFZ No. 3 and Ikko OH10 come to mind), but this is on another level altogether.

I really love the ergonomics of the shells and cable. Incredibly lightweight and comfortable. I just can't cope with this bass.
I find h40 to have plenty of bass and it has a good midbass and subbass balance for my liking without sacrificing mids too much.
So if D10 has more of it it could be an issue. And i am leaning towards bassheads in terms of sound preference.

Jun 4, 2020 at 8:24 PM Post #1,305 of 5,044
No, the D10 just has a V-shaped sound. What I did was switch tips until I found a pair that deemphasized the sub/mid-bass just enough. I'm not sure which tips would work best for you, but the slimmer ones worked best for me (not so slim that the seal breaks though).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back