ISN Earphones impression thread. New ISN NEO 3!
May 28, 2020 at 1:09 PM Post #1,262 of 5,044
In this global pandemic, I think should just opt for DHL or FedEx if the option is available.
True, but don't they also have delays/restrictions too?

May 28, 2020 at 1:37 PM Post #1,264 of 5,044
What is happening with shipment has to do with international flights. Regular shipment is loaded up on flights bound for whatever country. If the country or region has flight restrictions then your looking at a shipment delay. DHL and Fed Ex both have their own fleet of planes carrying packages internationally so they are not restricted by other flights. Since it is all goods and does not carry people. They will not have to deal with flight restrictions like your normal carrier.

I am in the same predicament. Just bought an Amiron Home, love the cans by the way but had to order a new cable for it to use balanced. The ebay vendor clearly put on the shipment wont be delivered till end of July. Lol. I went for it anyway. It was a good deal. I can wait a few months. I hope it gets to me at one point or another.

Last edited:
May 28, 2020 at 1:55 PM Post #1,265 of 5,044
I'm not getting a refund on my missing in action D10, Penon told me that my only option for getting my money back is to refuse delivery whenever it finally arrives at my house. Which...yeah :weary:

Did you actually get a tracking number ? Something starting with maybe LD and ending with HK?
If you did go to USPS and enter that tracking number including the letters. If it shows that it's in the system page down and select tracking history and see what it's current status is. It shows mine actually showed up in the states recently but it hasn't made it far. It happened to get updated later in the day after I started complaining....

May 28, 2020 at 3:35 PM Post #1,266 of 5,044
I received a few DHL/FedEx parcels from different parts of the world recently. Max 9 days for me.

What is happening with shipment has to do with international flights. Regular shipment is loaded up on flights bound for whatever country. If the country or region has flight restrictions then your looking at a shipment delay. DHL and Fed Ex both have their own fleet of planes carrying packages internationally so they are not restricted by other flights. Since it is all goods and does not carry people. They will not have to deal with flight restrictions like your normal carrier.

I am in the same predicament. Just bought an Amiron Home, love the cans by the way but had to order a new cable for it to use balanced. The ebay vendor clearly put on the shipment wont be delivered till end of July. Lol. I went for it anyway. It was a good deal. I can wait a few months. I hope it gets to me at one point or another.

Gonna test it out. Just ordered the ISN GC4 from Penon with the Express shipping. We'll see how long it takes to get to NY.

May 28, 2020 at 3:36 PM Post #1,267 of 5,044
GC4 looks stunning. Can't wait to try that out. If the sound decription is anything to go by. Those are gonna be special cables. What you have in mind to pair those up with? I am thinking since it is more copper than gold, it should match up well with neutral/ brighter earphones.

Last edited:
May 28, 2020 at 3:50 PM Post #1,268 of 5,044
GC4 looks stunning. Can't wait to try that out. If the sound decription is anything to go by. Those are gonna be special cables. What you have in mind to pair those up with? I am thinking since it is more copper than gold, it should match up well with neutral/ brighter earphones.

It will replace the Labkable sourced 4 core silver plated copper that comes with the Azla MKII. Good match for the driver sound-wise and not half bad technically just could be better. I am happy with the Bulls Eye Driver and think it has more to give. More of what it gives will be great.

Last edited:
May 28, 2020 at 6:08 PM Post #1,269 of 5,044
Gonna test it out. Just ordered the ISN GC4 from Penon with the Express shipping. We'll see how long it takes to get to NY.

My guess is not long. When I ordered my H40's the order got filled pretty fast (as did the order for the D10's) and they arrived to me in short order. I used the DHL option for 10 bucks.

My troubles came because when I placed my order for the D10's I used the free standard shipping. They jacked the price of the DHL option up. I already had the H40's so I figured I could wait a little bit. I thought they could be delayed a little bit but never did I figure it would be slower than the slow boat from China.

Last edited:
May 28, 2020 at 6:44 PM Post #1,270 of 5,044
My guess is not long. When I ordered my H40's the order got filled pretty fast (as did the order for the D10's) and they arrived to me in short order. I used the DHL option for 10 bucks.

My troubles came because when I placed my order for the D10's I used the free standard shipping. They jacked the price of the DHL option up. I already had the H40's so I figured I could wait a little bit. I thought they could be delayed a little bit but never did I figure it would be slower than the slow boat from China.

Last order from Penon was probably my Oriolus well before any issues. Used the regular free shipping and it was the usual 12 days or less to me. Certainly knew better to spend the $10 for this one.

May 29, 2020 at 12:02 AM Post #1,271 of 5,044
Penon gave me a tracking number on the 22nd(?) for my replacement cable and ear tips and there's still no update on the website, I wish they wouldn't have used China post during this time. "This number can't be found at this moment. It's not available in the carrier's system yet. Please check back later."

When I ordered my D10's on the 11th I used express shipping (FedEx) and they got here by the 18th.

Last edited:
May 29, 2020 at 9:31 AM Post #1,273 of 5,044
Got my tracking info as well. Says Tuesday by end of day. So, no DHL delay it seems.

May 29, 2020 at 11:12 AM Post #1,275 of 5,044

Nope, GC4 cable. Interesting as I ordered a pair of Elecom wireless earphones from Japan at the same time, also DHL, and we'll see who wins. :)

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back