ISN Earphones impression thread. New ISN NEO 3!
May 29, 2020 at 8:59 PM Post #1,277 of 5,044
So, I'm not one to believe in burn in as it's never made a big difference, but the D10's do require 100+hr for some reason or they're terribly muffled. While I've been using my D10's for the past two weeks, I've been switching between my main PC (TR-X00 Ebony + Atom) and work PC (D10's + onboard) so it's not like I'm just "used" to how they sound by now.

TLDR:
D10's went from garbage tier to actually pretty good in 100+ hours.
I'll update my impressions when I get a chance.

May 30, 2020 at 2:09 AM Post #1,278 of 5,044
So, I'm not one to believe in burn in as it's never made a big difference, but the D10's do require 100+hr for some reason or they're terribly muffled. While I've been using my D10's for the past two weeks, I've been switching between my main PC (TR-X00 Ebony + Atom) and work PC (D10's + onboard) so it's not like I'm just "used" to how they sound by now.

TLDR:
D10's went from garbage tier to actually pretty good in 100+ hours.
I'll update my impressions when I get a chance.
Please, do. I'm following your impression compared to No3, no one has done it yet. I almost bought the19th limited edition No3, just before D10 showed up. I'm very interested how they stack against each other, especially with balanced 2.5 cable and which one has more subbass quantity.
Make sure the vent holes are clean opened, sometimes they get gunked up inside from manufacture resulting an altered sound.

Last edited:
May 30, 2020 at 10:53 AM Post #1,279 of 5,044
20200530_104855.jpg

I've got the H40s paired with the Fiio UTWS1 which came in a couple days ago. Sucks that I can't use LDAC with it but the details weren't the best part about the H40 anyway. It's still got that great punchy sound but now completely wireless! 🙂

May 30, 2020 at 5:02 PM Post #1,281 of 5,044
My D10 showed up out of the blue today as well. Guess I just had to be a bit more patient. :sweat_smile:

Going to let them burn in for a little while before I give 'em a listen.

May 30, 2020 at 5:09 PM Post #1,282 of 5,044
Please, do. I'm following your impression compared to No3, no one has done it yet. I almost bought the19th limited edition No3, just before D10 showed up. I'm very interested how they stack against each other, especially with balanced 2.5 cable and which one has more subbass quantity.
Make sure the vent holes are clean opened, sometimes they get gunked up inside from manufacture resulting an altered sound.

Updated my impressions (page 80) I'm not the best at impressions or reviews, but I hope that helps a bit.

The vent holes were one of the first things I checked, just because I was curious how big they actually were.

May 30, 2020 at 6:47 PM Post #1,283 of 5,044
Updated my impressions (page 80) I'm not the best at impressions or reviews, but I hope that helps a bit.

The vent holes were one of the first things I checked, just because I was curious how big they actually were.
Well done, thanks, I guess there is no point in paying more if they are equal, although d10 look better and more importantly they are more comfortable.

Jun 2, 2020 at 6:02 AM Post #1,285 of 5,044
Does anyone in this thread have the H40 and the Starfield? I searched and the only comparison I could find was a mention that the Blessing 2 was an upgrade over the Starfield with the H40 and Blessing 2 being side-grades of each other. However, from what I understand the Starfield and Blessing 2 are fairly different sound signatures so that's not as clear cut as it could be.

I'm keen to read thoughts between the H40 and Starfield; I really enjoy the Starfield, it's cracking value but I'm always looking to upgrade.

So I went ahead and purchased the H40 and a couple of things looked different to some of the other pictures:

1591091484796.png

Firstly, they much more blue the other pictures, although that could be the lighting, secondly the cable looks different but it's still labeled as an S8 so I have no reason to believe it's actually different. But, on to the important part, the sound. Oh my! These sound incredible, I know this thread is full of popular opinion on the H40 but I honestly cannot believe they still seem to come under the radar outside of this thread. They're so musical, with an incredible low end that suits my love of EDM perfectly; they're so addictive! They solve any problems I had with the Starfields and excel in every other department. Everything is better, apart from the shells attracting more fingerprints and the packaging looking like I knocked it up myself as a craft experiement. In summary, the sound quality feels like they're worth 5x - 10x the price of the Starfields to me.

The H40 is akin to pouring musical honey into your ears.

Jun 2, 2020 at 11:26 AM Post #1,287 of 5,044
So I went ahead and purchased the H40 and a couple of things looked different to some of the other pictures:

1591091484796.png

Firstly, they much more blue the other pictures, although that could be the lighting, secondly the cable looks different but it's still labeled as an S8 so I have no reason to believe it's actually different. But, on to the important part, the sound. Oh my! These sound incredible, I know this thread is full of popular opinion on the H40 but I honestly cannot believe they still seem to come under the radar outside of this thread. They're so musical, with an incredible low end that suits my love of EDM perfectly; they're so addictive! They solve any problems I had with the Starfields and excel in every other department. Everything is better, apart from the shells attracting more fingerprints and the packaging looking like I knocked it up myself as a craft experiement. In summary, the sound quality feels like they're worth 5x - 10x the price of the Starfields to me.

I know ISN switched resin colours on the D10 from purple to blue almost as soon as they were released - looks like they might have switched on H40 production runs as well. D10 cable (S4) was also tinted blue to match the shells, maybe the S8 got the same treatment (if that's the difference you're seeing). Glad you're enjoying them irrespective of colour :)

Jun 2, 2020 at 12:40 PM Post #1,289 of 5,044

1591091484796.png

Yea definitely. The H40 is superior. Enjoy!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back