ISN Earphones impression thread. New ISN NEO 3!
Dec 17, 2019 at 3:27 AM Post #121 of 5,044
What @tgx78 said is spot on. Personally, I am not a big fan of T800 too.

Sorry for off topic
Guys can I ask, what exactly you didn't like about T800? I never heard it but judging by the hype that was going on I always thought thay are really good, somewhat brighter version of S8F.

Dec 17, 2019 at 3:36 AM Post #122 of 5,044
Mine just arrived. Sounds great fresh off the box. The dynamic driver definitely needs some break in though. Source is DX160 on balanced

Dec 18, 2019 at 1:19 AM Post #125 of 5,044
Does it come close to your ex1000?

Different kind of sound entirely. EX-1000 is noticeably brighter sounding and has better details retrieval. Isolation sucks though.

I like both though

Dec 18, 2019 at 1:24 AM Post #126 of 5,044
Different kind of sound entirely. EX-1000 is noticeably brighter sounding and has better details retrieval. Isolation sucks though.

I like both though
The h40 and the blon bl03 are definitely intriguing me. Haha how would you say the h40 does for micro detail retrieval?

Dec 18, 2019 at 1:43 AM Post #127 of 5,044
The h40 and the blon bl03 are definitely intriguing me. Haha how would you say the h40 does for micro detail retrieval?

Pretty good considering its asking price. The entire sound signature package just works for me. Never once felt I needed to hear more details

Dec 18, 2019 at 11:26 PM Post #128 of 5,044
Sorry for off topic
Guys can I ask, what exactly you didn't like about T800? I never heard it but judging by the hype that was going on I always thought thay are really good, somewhat brighter version of S8F.
sounds off to me. There're some bass, but with poor texture, midrange is unnatural and there's a huge dip at 6.5kHz. Soundstage is decent but instruments imaging is all over the place. Basically the kind of weird tuning you get from some chinese diy guys decided to throw a bunch of drivers altogether thinking it sounds just fine. Sold them after 3 days of owning.

Last edited:
Dec 19, 2019 at 4:15 AM Post #129 of 5,044
Is the H40 using Knowles or Sonion BAs for their components?

Dec 20, 2019 at 12:05 AM Post #130 of 5,044
There is no disclaimer of what BAs they are using. To me it don't really matter. What I do know is they are tuned very nicely. I have heard plenty of higher end BA sets and these aren't too far behind in that respect. Amazing considering these go for the price they do. These are most definitely a hidden gem if there ever was one.

These are getting equal ear time right up there with my Solaris and Andromeda S. That to me says it all.

Dec 20, 2019 at 1:04 AM Post #131 of 5,044
There is no disclaimer of what BAs they are using. To me it don't really matter. What I do know is they are tuned very nicely. I have heard plenty of higher end BA sets and these aren't too far behind in that respect. Amazing considering these go for the price they do. These are most definitely a hidden gem if there ever was one.

These are getting equal ear time right up there with my Solaris and Andromeda S. That to me says it all.
How would you compare the bass to the Solaris, and the treble to the andros?

Last edited:
Dec 20, 2019 at 8:54 AM Post #132 of 5,044
H40 has the punchiest bass out of the 3 earphones I mentioned. Bass on the Solaris digs deeper and has one of the best textured bass ends for in ears. H40 being less than $200 is no slouch in the sub bass department. I am certain the dynamic used on the H40 is nothing special material wise but it does what a good bass dynamic should. Bass is most definitely not lacking in any way from the H40. It is not the type of bass that is bloated. Just a well defined punchy tight bass end with good grunt in the sub regions.

Treble wise the lower trebles of the H40 is a bit more emphasized than what is on the Andromeda or the Solaris. Has a bit more energy in the region but is nicely defined there. Where the similarities is actually in how the mids are portrayed on the H40 to the Andromeda S. They both have a smooth warm mid section that does vocals really well. So while the H40 is not a refined as the the other phones I have compared them to. They are a bit like a mix between the dynamism of the soliaris and the smooth mid band representation of the Andromeda S. Just as enjoyable to listen to as both.

I suppose my favorite type of sound is leaning more dynamic, balanced and musical vs a strictly analytical sound. So the H40 falls right in line with that. They aren't the most technical or are they the absolute bees knees when it comes to dynamic sounding earphones but really your not gonna do much better in the price range. They are extremely enjoyable to listen to and to me that is what matters.

H40 has easily won me over even on first listen. Some phones it takes a while to really get into. My Zeus was like that. Oh and I didnt mention the H40 really sound great on anything I tried them on. My higher end phones are like hot women. Very picky.

Last edited:
Dec 21, 2019 at 10:32 AM Post #133 of 5,044
YkpJJZB

Asked penon for some graphics. That 8k peak looks really aggressive to me as I found even Fiio fh5 to be very harsh at the treble region

Dec 21, 2019 at 10:57 AM Post #134 of 5,044
I don't find the H40 harsh at all in the treble region. There are much more aggressive sets out there but I wouldn't consider the H40 to be aggressive in the treble. I didn't find the FH5 aggressive either. But I suppose if your that sensitive and don't like any emphasis in the region then you might want to look at some darker sounding phones.

psu73ksix9z11.jpg

My Andromeda S has a peak in the 7khz which has been traditionally the sibilance killer but. You know what. there is no such harshness at all on the Andromeda S. People would be upset if these were sibilance prone. Especially when your spending over a thousand dollars for a pair. Graphs are great to get a good understanding of sound balancing but that is really about it.

However like I said earlier if your very sensitive to minor treble spikes and think I would give a 5 star review to a sibilance prone earphone that will rape the ears of other headfiers I have been recommending these to than time to look else where. Lol.

Last edited:
Dec 21, 2019 at 11:31 AM Post #135 of 5,044
90u63g1pgm321.jpg
My Solaris has a 8Khz peak too. Don't know maybe I am OK with 8Khz peaks. You better stay away from Andromedas and the Solaris types as well. As they will poke you in the ears and cause all sorts of problems for your $1500.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back