ISN Earphones impression thread. New ISN NEO 3!
Dec 23, 2019 at 12:23 PM Post #151 of 5,044
I just got my set in today, and immediately I can tell this is one excellent IEM. This is right out of the box with the installed tips, straight to my WM1A's 4.4 balanced port. Great fit, comfortable, well made, and the sound is great without any burn in even. Looking forward to experimenting with tips, and cables, and how they settle in after some hours.

Dec 23, 2019 at 12:29 PM Post #152 of 5,044
I just got my set in today, and immediately I can tell this is one excellent IEM. This is right out of the box with the installed tips, straight to my WM1A's 4.4 balanced port. Great fit, comfortable, well made, and the sound is great without any burn in even. Looking forward to experimenting with tips, and cables, and how they settle in after some hours.
you have the Tape right? can you compare it to the H40?

Dec 23, 2019 at 12:46 PM Post #153 of 5,044
For sure, once the H40 has some hours on it...

Dec 23, 2019 at 4:21 PM Post #155 of 5,044
Dec 23, 2019 at 10:52 PM Post #160 of 5,044
DarkZenith's review was excellent, however, it's a stark example of how all our ears hear things differently. All through his review he mentions how they are a warm sounding earphone and to his ears, I would say he would bet money that they are warm. However, to my ears they are not warm at a all, as I hate warm sounding earphones, and would have returned them if they were. My ears tell me they have tight slamming sub bass, moderate midbass that stays clear of the midrange, mellow midrange that offers good vocals for male and female singers (how did they do that), and finally, the treble that is airy and smooth, but that shows some detail. I am the happy owner of the Jays Q-Jays which I have loved since day one, and now I have the H40 that I have loved since day one. I made these comments only to emphasize the difference in people's haring perception.

Dec 26, 2019 at 9:54 AM Post #161 of 5,044
This is one stellar IEM... jeez. An early comment about the Tape vs. this one, it's hard to describe how much larger the stage and sense of space is on the H40. The Tape sounds like listening through a pea shooter after it.

Dec 26, 2019 at 2:34 PM Post #163 of 5,044
Can we get some comparison vs oh10, i would like to hear it?

So far, I think I like the H40 a little bit better. They're really, really close though. What I hear as improvements are slightly larger soundstage, and vocals which have some more heft to them. The H40 is right at the same level of detail, but the OH10 has a tad more sparkle, so the highs shimmer just that slight bit better. Lows are very similar, but the H40 has a mild uptick in mid-bass by comparison, the OH10's is cleaner and shifted more sub-bass. So overall this gives the H40 a richer and more enveloping sound, with punchier lows. I did swap out the cable to a **** 4.4mm balanced which I think helped the soundstage somewhat. I've also been having good luck with my good ol' standby tips, the old style UE900 dark grey silicones. These two are definitely my current favorite IEMs.

Dec 29, 2019 at 7:35 PM Post #164 of 5,044
@cn11 Glad to see you enjoying the H40 as much as I do. It is a highly recommended IEM.

Dec 29, 2019 at 10:17 PM Post #165 of 5,044
DSC06826.JPG Cable 175. Electro acousti cable on the H40. Sounds stunning. Widest stage of any cable I have attached to it. Spacious with better definition. Wish I had 2 of these cables. Pure silver seems to be agreeable with the H40. I still think previous 128 alloy copper cable still has the better depth of sound but these give the most highest end sounding H40 thus far.

Speaking of ISN. I will be getting a set of these soon. Cant wait to try it out on the H40.
ISN%20AUDIOAG8-700x700.jpg
New high end pure Ag silver cable the ISN AG8. Will report how this cable works on their own H40.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back