ISN Earphones impression thread. New ISN NEO 3!
Jan 1, 2020 at 7:30 AM Post #181 of 5,044
Enjoying the H40 with the iBasso DX160

Happy New Year guys!

WhatsApp Image 2020-01-01 at 8.24.10 PM.jpeg

Jan 1, 2020 at 11:25 AM Post #184 of 5,044
Interest peaked and ready to break my promise not to buy another IEM.
Its all about the price now as i cant afford it new.

If anyone is selling used one PM please

Last edited:
Jan 1, 2020 at 12:29 PM Post #186 of 5,044
I joined the ranks of the H40 owners. Placed an order couple hours earlier. Now the waiting begins!

Oh btw, happy new year everyone :)
Looking forward to your thoughts.

I really like my H40.
Do you think a silver cable would improve its sound ?
If yes, which one?
Will test with different silver cables soon.

Is the h40 comparable to the s8f? Or is s8f in a different tier?
Same findings mentioned by @ldo77 earlier

Jan 1, 2020 at 1:40 PM Post #187 of 5,044
I just picked up my new Hiby R5 yesterday. I've listened to the H40 on my Fiio X5iii, fiio M7, and Ibasso DX160, but the synergy with the R5 is in a different league.

What is your impression with the R5&H40 pairing and how different is it compare to DX160? I'm seriously considering purchase the R5 right now for portable use though. Thank you.
1de.gif

Jan 2, 2020 at 6:19 PM Post #191 of 5,044
Hello, I just bought the ISN H40 on Penon.

Question, is it better than the old batch BGVP DM6 soundstage and imaging? ̶I̶ ̶w̶a̶n̶t̶ ̶e̶i̶t̶h̶e̶r̶ ̶a̶ ̶V̶ ̶s̶h̶a̶p̶e̶ ̶o̶r̶ ̶b̶a̶l̶a̶n̶c̶e̶d̶ ̶s̶o̶u̶n̶d̶ ̶w̶i̶t̶h̶ ̶3̶d̶-̶l̶i̶k̶e̶ ̶s̶o̶u̶n̶d̶s̶t̶a̶g̶e̶ ̶a̶n̶d̶ ̶p̶i̶n̶-̶p̶o̶i̶n̶t̶ ̶a̶c̶c̶u̶r̶a̶t̶e̶ ̶i̶m̶a̶g̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶l̶i̶k̶e̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶D̶M̶6̶ ̶I̶ ̶h̶a̶d̶ ̶b̶e̶f̶o̶r̶e̶.̶

(I bought the DM6 again just last month (December) and the signature is very very different from the old batch- now it has a W signature with forward vocals, soundstage only left, middle, right and imprecise imaging- common for W signature I think)

I̶f̶ ̶I̶ ̶e̶n̶d̶e̶d̶ ̶u̶p̶ ̶n̶o̶t̶ ̶l̶i̶k̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶H̶4̶0̶ ̶I̶'̶m̶ ̶g̶o̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶t̶o̶ ̶s̶e̶l̶l̶ ̶i̶t̶.̶ ̶T̶h̶o̶u̶g̶h̶ ̶I̶ ̶l̶o̶o̶k̶ ̶f̶o̶r̶w̶a̶r̶d̶ ̶t̶o̶ ̶l̶o̶v̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶i̶t̶!̶

Last edited:
Jan 2, 2020 at 9:21 PM Post #194 of 5,044
Well one thing for certain. I am still waiting on a person that don't like their H40s. lol. I haven't seen it yet. I know there will eventually be someone. I haven't even seen TOTL earphones be universally liked but so far. Have you seen someone that out right say these are not good? I doubt you will either. Unless your hearing is a bit off. How can you not like the sound that is coming from the H40. It is magical.

Jan 2, 2020 at 9:37 PM Post #195 of 5,044
I'm new to this IEM world. I just wanted some more impressions with its soundstage.

We all have different perception with soundstage. People say FH5 has really wide soundstage but for me it's not.

I'm sorry if I said something wrong. I didn't mean to offend anyone.

And no, my hearing is completely fine.

If you really think that highly of it. Okay, I'll love it then. No need for more info :D I trust you completely

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back