ISN Earphones impression thread. New ISN NEO 3!
Dec 16, 2019 at 3:03 PM Post #109 of 5,044
_128_7noccSpc_4cThick_eid.jpg

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/32968749034.html?spm=2114.12010612.8148356.66.7e6d5285yZ7YyU
Upgraded cable. #128 on Hakuzens list of cables. These are cables I was using on my Solaris and I have to say this cable on the H40 is amazing. Thicker 4 core silver plated alloy copper cable. It is like a higher end version of the S8 cable that came with the H40. SPC variety of cables seems to mesh really well on the H40.

This one in particular can be bought for $60ish on sale. One of my better cables I have bought on aliexpress in the sub $100 range. A/Bing agianst the stock S8 cable. These add a touch of treble enhancement giving a bit more sparkle to the highs. Adds a bit of stage width and depth as well. Maintains the smooth fluid mids and that punchy bass end. It is literally the S8 but more enhances everything about the H40. Worth every penny on sale.

Last edited:
Dec 16, 2019 at 10:55 PM Post #114 of 5,044
Can anybody compare the H40 to the TSMR-3/4 Pro? Thank you.
It depends on the sound you are looking for. The H40 has punchy bass and open presentation while TSMR-3/4 Pro is more intimate with better articulation.

Dec 16, 2019 at 11:09 PM Post #115 of 5,044
It depends on the sound you are looking for. The H40 has punchy bass and open presentation while TSMR-3/4 Pro is more intimate with better articulation.

What about tone and timbre? I went through a few different chi-fi IEMS and the TSMR-3 Pro is one of the few that sounds right to me (of I should call it natural/balanced). Personally, I find the most common flaw of chifi IEMs lays on the midrange, with it being too thin and unnatural. Or I have to put it this way: I've became to hate the typical chifi V-shape sound. After my experience with the T800, I really hesitate about jumping in another hype-train.

Last edited:
Dec 16, 2019 at 11:21 PM Post #116 of 5,044
What about tone and timbre? I went through a few different chi-fi IEMS and the TSMR-3 Pro is one of the few that sounds right to me (of I should call it natural/balanced). Personally, I find the most common flaw of chifi IEMs lays on the midrange, with it being too thin and unnatural. After my experience with the T800, I really hesitate about jumping in another hype-train.

Tone is natural and timbre is quite good... i play few instruments (violin, piano and acoustic guitar) and H40 reproduce them pretty accurately. Certainly not as good as my HD800 SDR with sonarworks, but close enough that I reach for H40 most of the time just for its convenience.

Dec 17, 2019 at 12:34 AM Post #117 of 5,044
What about tone and timbre? I went through a few different chi-fi IEMS and the TSMR-3 Pro is one of the few that sounds right to me (of I should call it natural/balanced). Personally, I find the most common flaw of chifi IEMs lays on the midrange, with it being too thin and unnatural. Or I have to put it this way: I've became to hate the typical chifi V-shape sound. After my experience with the T800, I really hesitate about jumping in another hype-train.
What @tgx78 said is spot on. Personally, I am not a big fan of T800 too.

Dec 17, 2019 at 1:03 AM Post #118 of 5,044
Before I pull the trigger, How's the QC going for everybody so far? Any problems with their L/R unit matching or mmcx slots? Already own a few ISN cables myself, I wouldn't worry much about their QC, but still.

Dec 17, 2019 at 1:40 AM Post #119 of 5,044
Before I pull the trigger, How's the QC going for everybody so far? Any problems with their L/R unit matching or mmcx slots? Already own a few ISN cables myself, I wouldn't worry much about their QC, but still.
Some slight imbalance as the left sounds awesome and the right sounds amazing...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back