ISN Earphones impression thread. New ISN NEO 3!
May 19, 2020 at 3:53 PM Post #1,201 of 5,044
I've reached out to Penon asking to have my D10 order cancelled, since the shipment has been stuck with HK Post for almost 2 months now, but I haven't heard back yet.
They told me that they can do that 2 months after the shipping date, so in my case May 28th. It is probably an insurance issue so that they can recoup their money...

May 20, 2020 at 5:38 PM Post #1,206 of 5,044
Only if one believes in that the cables change the sound. So far there are no evidence for that, just opinions.

What is funny is that I upgraded the cable for feel/fit on my FA1 and I noticed a difference. Small, but noticeable.

May 20, 2020 at 6:07 PM Post #1,207 of 5,044
Just curious, how much of an improvement over the H40 would constitute a solid improvement for most audiophiles? What are people anticipating when they purchase an iem in the $200 range vs $500 range vs say $1000 and above?

Tough to use dollars or percentages and i feel the only real way to understand what yourself or even others are experiencing is to try higher tiered iems. I can't justify some of the prices on these iems but it is what it is. I just know that when you hit certain lines and models the way instruments are presented to the black background and micro detailing...just wonderful.

Id love to find something like that in the $400-500 but i must admit the H40 have truly grown on me and while remain soft in the treble and not great at micro details they are one of the few headphones that have made me bob my head as much as they do and i am in no rush to upgrade to more expensive iems that i enjoy (UM Mest, 64audio a18s, EE LX).

May 20, 2020 at 8:00 PM Post #1,208 of 5,044
Hi guys, any possibility for ISN H40 vs Fiio FH5 vs Ikko OH10 comparison here (or ISN vs one of others)?

1 ikko OH10 lover prefer H40 than his ikko
2 or 3 FH5 users like their H40 than FH5, other 1 mixed review

That what i can remember on early pages of this thread

May 20, 2020 at 9:28 PM Post #1,209 of 5,044
Only if one believes in that the cables change the sound. So far there are no evidence for that, just opinions.

Sound quality is subjective after all

May 21, 2020 at 4:26 AM Post #1,210 of 5,044
Tough to use dollars or percentages and i feel the only real way to understand what yourself or even others are experiencing is to try higher tiered iems. I can't justify some of the prices on these iems but it is what it is. I just know that when you hit certain lines and models the way instruments are presented to the black background and micro detailing...just wonderful.

Id love to find something like that in the $400-500 but i must admit the H40 have truly grown on me and while remain soft in the treble and not great at micro details they are one of the few headphones that have made me bob my head as much as they do and i am in no rush to upgrade to more expensive iems that i enjoy (UM Mest, 64audio a18s, EE LX).
I have actually placed an order for LX today. Really wanted to see wether it is worth spending that much money on iem. After some research i believe they are fit for my end game (cant believe i said that)

I really like H40 they are almost as good as my Rah.
Rah has lovely planar mids, better bass quality and as it is semi open it still sound slightly wider and more spacious. But the differeces are not significant.
What H40 has is superior fit. Actually one of best i had and that cannot be said with Rah. Same goes for isolation.
While Rah scales better with power, H40 should be able to be driven by anthing that has battery in it..

I know IMR Rah does not ring bell to most as there are only 200 made so it not a decent comparison. But just so you have an idea, I actually sold My Ca Atlas and prefered Rah over it.
Hopefuly i will not need to do that with LX lol.

At this price H40 is a steal and they will stay as my gym/jogging iems for sure.
But there are some QC issues i have noticed. My left earpiece yesterday started to phase out few times. And there is some tiny "rattle" on left on bass heavy tracks.
Also cable is meh.. But that can easily be replaced and i think a good place to compromise over SQ.

May 21, 2020 at 11:14 AM Post #1,212 of 5,044
I have actually placed an order for LX today. Really wanted to see wether it is worth spending that much money on iem. After some research i believe they are fit for my end game (cant believe i said that)

I really like H40 they are almost as good as my Rah.
Rah has lovely planar mids, better bass quality and as it is semi open it still sound slightly wider and more spacious. But the differeces are not significant.
What H40 has is superior fit. Actually one of best i had and that cannot be said with Rah. Same goes for isolation.
While Rah scales better with power, H40 should be able to be driven by anthing that has battery in it..

I know IMR Rah does not ring bell to most as there are only 200 made so it not a decent comparison. But just so you have an idea, I actually sold My Ca Atlas and prefered Rah over it.
Hopefuly i will not need to do that with LX lol.

At this price H40 is a steal and they will stay as my gym/jogging iems for sure.
But there are some QC issues i have noticed. My left earpiece yesterday started to phase out few times. And there is some tiny "rattle" on left on bass heavy tracks.
Also cable is meh.. But that can easily be replaced and i think a good place to compromise over SQ.

So far so good on mine. Ill be super disappointed if i start having those issues. However, it does mean i can "upgrade." hmm :)

Shame on the IMR. I was part of the trinity kickstarter fiasco. Wrote bob off awhile back. I did get my PM6s but they werent my cup of tea.

I think you will be very happy with the LX. It scales very nicely. I thought it was good on my dap but i wrote it off as just good. Paired it with my home setup and i was very happy with it and it catapulted into my current top 3.

May 21, 2020 at 8:35 PM Post #1,214 of 5,044
May 21, 2020 at 9:07 PM Post #1,215 of 5,044
Is anyone else using the Ikko I-planet's? They seem like good tips, but they don't stay on the nozzle, I just had to fetch one out of my ear with a tweezer. So much for those, at least I'll have them for another iem down the road, lol.

"Fits 4.5mm to 5.5mm"

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back