ISN Earphones impression thread. New ISN NEO 3!
May 13, 2020 at 1:23 PM Post #1,172 of 5,044
No they are not sending me a d10. Dsnuts where did you hear that? I would think they would tell me.

This is what they wrote me.
"a customer who bought D10 may have sent the wrong H40. Of course, we have to replace it with him. I said to him that the best and fastest way is to sell it at Head-fi for USD$169-175. In this way, he does not need to send it back, I will send him D10, "

May 13, 2020 at 1:54 PM Post #1,173 of 5,044
This is what they wrote me.
"a customer who bought D10 may have sent the wrong H40. Of course, we have to replace it with him. I said to him that the best and fastest way is to sell it at Head-fi for USD$169-175. In this way, he does not need to send it back, I will send him D10, "
He told me to sell it and then repurchase. That’s not a good solution that I have to sell it to fix their mistake and then reorder and wait for two more months for a replacement. That’s awful

May 13, 2020 at 2:02 PM Post #1,174 of 5,044
I feel you on the situation. No one likes to order stuff to get something else. But it is clear to me they will try n correct the wrong here. In any case I hope you eventually get your D10.

May 13, 2020 at 10:47 PM Post #1,176 of 5,044
New toy: Legacy 9
Will test them tomorrow and compare them to my H40. We'll see if it's worth $350 extra over them... 20200513_170847.jpg20200513_170830.jpg

May 13, 2020 at 11:40 PM Post #1,178 of 5,044
It’s clear to me that I have to try to sel and repurchase. That’s not directing the wrong.

Languange barrier? You can try to email them again and quote @Dsnuts words. Hopefully they will send you d10 and you can sell the h40 and the money for you

May 13, 2020 at 11:44 PM Post #1,179 of 5,044
New toy: Legacy 9
Will test them tomorrow and compare them to my H40. We'll see if it's worth $350 extra over them... 20200513_170847.jpg20200513_170830.jpg

Wow eagerly waiting for this comparison as I put L9 on my 'next' list but currently really enjoy the H40. Let us know whether thr L9 is really upgrade from H40. I found the FR of L9 is great, that sub bass, no mid bass hump, upper north upper mids but not too much and with 3khz dip, lil boost on 8khz. Seems very good and aligns with my preferences.

May 14, 2020 at 6:33 AM Post #1,180 of 5,044
Got my H40 today too. It took a bit less than 3 weeks to get to UK. So not that bad. Ussual time to be honest from aliexpress.

I must say they are impressive. Really did not expect them to be that good.
I definately like them more than Shockwave III.
I personally would not say they are better than my IMR Rah but they are not far off.
Though Rah is more expensive. And H40 needs a some time to burn in to jump to conclusions. Also need to tip roll properly.

One thing they really are better at is fit. While they are big they sit in ear very securely. Though i think they can feel a bit intrusive with time. Need spend some time with them to see.

All in all it is really impressive for a price.

May 14, 2020 at 7:59 AM Post #1,181 of 5,044
Got my H40 today too. It took a bit less than 3 weeks to get to UK. So not that bad. Ussual time to be honest from aliexpress.

I personally would not say they are better than my IMR Rah but they are not far off.
Though Rah is more expensive. And H40 needs a some time to burn in to jump to conclusions. Also need to tip roll properly.

One thing they really are better at is fit. While they are big they sit in ear very securely. Though i think they can feel a bit intrusive with time. Need spend some time with them to see.

Pass 100 hours mark and do tip rolling. They are great IEM nonetheless

May 14, 2020 at 12:14 PM Post #1,182 of 5,044

I recommend using the stock green tips if you don't have 3rd party tips. For me, I like to use H40 with JVC Spiral Dot++. Run them in like what @DynamicEars mentioned & enjoy the music. 😁

May 15, 2020 at 10:11 AM Post #1,183 of 5,044
So I got a bit of news regarding purchases of the ISN H40 or D10 for US folks only. Penon was able to get shipping via DHL for free for US customers meaning you will get your order in 14 days or less. Add $10 and they will ship via Fed Ex getting your item in 10 days.

Before you ask why not your area outside of US. It has to do with a free tax rate in the US that allows Penon to ship it this way and not take too much of a hit. Of course if you live outside of the US you can opt for a bit faster shipping but you will have to pay a bit extra.

May 15, 2020 at 4:18 PM Post #1,185 of 5,044
My order was pending for 2 weeks.DHL picked up shipment from Penon yesterday 5/14/20...will be delivered to me In Los Angeles by Wednesday 5/20/20. This is the free shipping option.
DHL is awesome. They picked my L9 on Monday from Shenzen, received it 2 days later... No custom fees.
Good luck with your order.
My Hong Kong post parcel is still stuck somewhere, probably lost

Users who are viewing this thread

Back