ISN Earphones impression thread. New ISN NEO 3!
Apr 13, 2020 at 3:21 AM Post #1,022 of 5,044
Anyone has QC issue with D10?
I love the sound of my D10, however, I have intermittent issue with the left earpiece where sometimes I lose the sound especially when I am wearing a facemask. I suspect it's MMCX connector problem. I tried to swap with few other cables and still got the same problem. I cannot believe I have this issue less than a week owned this unit :sweat:

Penon Audio asked me to send back this pair for replacement but I prefer to send full set and ask for full refund. Still waiting for their response.
I consider not to buy any MMCX iems anymore. This is my 3rd different set of iems with MMCX problem.

Apr 13, 2020 at 3:27 AM Post #1,023 of 5,044
I love the sound of my D10, however, I have intermittent issue with the left earpiece where sometimes I lose the sound especially when I am wearing a facemask. I suspect it's MMCX connector problem. I tried to swap with few other cables and still got the same problem. I cannot believe I have this issue less than a week owned this unit :sweat:

Penon Audio asked me to send back this pair for replacement but I prefer to send full set and ask for full refund. Still waiting for their response.
I consider not to buy any MMCX iems anymore. This is my 3rd different set of iems with MMCX problem.

I know this is quite expensive, but I fixed every single mmcx, rca, spdif contact problem with this: https://www.amazon.com/Stabilant-5m...ywords=contact+enhancer&qid=1586762607&sr=8-4

Apr 13, 2020 at 3:43 AM Post #1,024 of 5,044
Apr 13, 2020 at 5:13 AM Post #1,025 of 5,044

Mine did it once on the right hand side, but now seem fine - I can't reproduce the issue even by fiddling about with them / bouncing up and down/ running, so counting my lucky stars this time. I suspect it was just dirt or something in the connector.
If Penon are offering warranty replacement or refund I wouldn't risk trying to fix them, unless you know what you're doing (I don't)!
Good luck.

Apr 13, 2020 at 7:25 AM Post #1,026 of 5,044
What's your idea of budget? It will depend on how much your willing to spend.
I don't really want to pony up more than $100 USD right now for a balanced cable.

Apr 13, 2020 at 7:27 AM Post #1,027 of 5,044
I don't really want to pony up more than $100 USD right now for a balanced cable.
Maybe the ISN S4 is the step up from the stock S8 in the H40? Since the S8 seems to be a good cable, there might not be that much of an upgrade in the sub 100 usd range.

Apr 13, 2020 at 12:54 PM Post #1,028 of 5,044
So overall, what is the concensus for a budget upgrade 4.4mm balanced cable for the ISN H40 (over the standard supplied cable)?
What about that there Kinboofi cable Dsnuts has posted about in a few different threads (including this one) ?
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/32968749034.html?spm=a2g0s.9042311.0.0.6c044c4ddcSAec

The H40 comes with the S8 cable and I like the Kinboofi better.
The ISN D10 comes with the S4 cable and it's a step up from the S8. I believe Dsnuts even mentioned the Kinboofi cable is a little better than the S4. Just keep it in mind the Kinboofi cable linked is fairly thick so it's not quite as bendable. You definitely notice the thickness. One of my coworkers jokingly said it looked like Goldilocks braids.

Last edited:
Apr 21, 2020 at 6:01 AM Post #1,030 of 5,044
Maybe the ISN S4 is the step up from the stock S8 in the H40? Since the S8 seems to be a good cable, there might not be that much of an upgrade in the sub 100 usd range.
I ended up with the Fiio LC-4.4C balanced cable and seems a step up from the standard S8 cable.

Apr 22, 2020 at 2:30 PM Post #1,031 of 5,044
Need some help everybody! About to order some Complys (BOGOF). They suggest using the Smartcore (4.8-6.3mm) but is anyone using a specific size Comply (eg TS400 etc.?)

Also sorry about cross post, how wide are the TRI I3 nozzles?

Apr 22, 2020 at 5:07 PM Post #1,032 of 5,044
Need some help everybody! About to order some Complys (BOGOF). They suggest using the Smartcore (4.8-6.3mm) but is anyone using a specific size Comply (eg TS400 etc.?)

Also sorry about cross post, how wide are the TRI I3 nozzles?

I have both the T200 and T400 Comply foam tips. For the ISN H40, T400 tips fit a little too loose while the T200 tips fit on the nozzles snugly and stay on much better. No idea about the Tri I3.

Last edited:
Apr 25, 2020 at 4:05 AM Post #1,034 of 5,044
I have been waiting for the D10 for more than a month. Just checked the tracking number and things haven't changed since March 28th so I am afraid that I won't be able to answer you any time soon... But I also love my H40 and find the shells a little large for my ears

Apr 25, 2020 at 5:44 AM Post #1,035 of 5,044
I have been waiting for the D10 for more than a month. Just checked the tracking number and things haven't changed since March 28th so I am afraid that I won't be able to answer you any time soon... But I also love my H40 and find the shells a little large for my ears
I'm in the same boat, no changes since april 11th. Normally it should be here.

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back