ISN Earphones impression thread. New ISN NEO 3!
Apr 7, 2020 at 9:35 AM Post #991 of 5,045
I wonder about DUNU DUW-02 cable 79$ (come with dk 2001) for H40? or the DUNU Lyre 149$ (come with dk 3001 pro)? this cable a modular head and just plug what you want 2.5 or 4.4 or 3.5
I consider it an important advantage for me if the quality of the wire is good with the H40

I have the DUW-02 on hand. Never tried it with the H40. Will let you know how it is.

Apr 7, 2020 at 10:21 AM Post #992 of 5,045
I got my ISN D10 today and after few hours my ears start enjoying them, hope it will continue this way or even better. Out of the box, my ears felt a bit uncomfortable I guess it might be because my ears was used to my previous iems. They are my most expensive IEMs as of now, sound wise I would say they are very bassy based iems to my ears, much more than my died blon bl03 and UF YBF per my memory.
I would like to thank everyone especially @Dsnuts who introduced this unit and responded my private message.

Cheers

Apr 7, 2020 at 10:43 AM Post #993 of 5,045
I got my ISN D10 today and after few hours my ears start enjoying them, hope it will continue this way or even better. Out of the box, my ears felt a bit uncomfortable I guess it might be because my ears was used to my previous iems. They are my most expensive IEMs as of now, sound wise I would say they are very bassy based iems to my ears, much more than my died blon bl03 and UF YBF per my memory.
I would like to thank everyone especially @Dsnuts who introduced this unit and responded my private message.

Cheers
Glad your liking them. The sound gets much better after a good week of burn in. What your hearing out of the box is not the end sound. I don't know if you do burn in for your IEMs but I would just throw them on a music source and let the music play non stop for the duration of the week at moderate volumes. Next time you hear them they will have a much tighter sound and the bass wont be as brawny sounding.

Apr 7, 2020 at 12:00 PM Post #994 of 5,045
Glad your liking them. The sound gets much better after a good week of burn in. What your hearing out of the box is not the end sound. I don't know if you do burn in for your IEMs but I would just throw them on a music source and let the music play non stop for the duration of the week at moderate volumes. Next time you hear them they will have a much tighter sound and the bass wont be as brawny sounding.
It is hard not to like both the D10 & H40:beyersmile:

Enjoy your set @sutosuto

Will start to experiment different cables on the D10 soon.

Apr 7, 2020 at 12:07 PM Post #995 of 5,045
Apr 7, 2020 at 1:01 PM Post #996 of 5,045
DSC07087.JPG H40 with the DUNU DUW-02. Theses DUNU cables are the ones that come with the DK-2001.

The cable material is a neotech single crystal copper coated silver in litz structure. For folks that need to switch their terminations on the fly. DUNU cables are absolutely superb and is of the highest quality when it comes to cables. Structure and material of these cables are similar to ISNs S4 cables that come with the D10.

Out of all the cables I have used these are not only an upgrade to the stock S8 cable with improved imagery and stage but these retain the warm tonality of the original tuning. Balance is meticulous out of this cable and I am hearing more copper influence on the tuning more than the silver aspect like the ISN S4. Meaning bass and especially mids have better imaging with better spaciousness vs the stock cable. It is yet another upgraded take on the H40.

I had to do some yard work so I plugged this cable on it and used it for a good 2 hours. I also have the DUNU hulk cable that came with my LUNA I can try as well but thus far the H40 has shown me time and time again that cable changes makes the H40 sing like never before. Will update this to the front page with the other cables.

Apr 7, 2020 at 1:24 PM Post #998 of 5,045
It is very versatile I think more so than the D10. Not as V shaped as the D10. It is better balanced signature with a lot of musicality and dynamism with an amazing stage to it. Who don't like that.? It is really a hard one to top in the price range.

Genres. Just about all of em. .It is large for stage live sets. You can hear different areas on the stage, Jazz sounds stupid awesome. Especially vocal Jazz. Acoustics sound great due to the BA imaging. Don't do too shabby for EDM, It is like a disco, Hip hop. Rock and Metal sounds awesome too. Orchestral stuff sounds good. I have heard better with Female vocals but male vocals sound spectacular on the H40. With the right cable. You can get better vocal depth and clarity with upgraded cables for certain.

By the way guys I am gonna say. I know everyone is hit blindsided by what is happening in the world right now. You guys hang in there and now is the time to really enjoy what you got. Every business is crippled right now except for groceries. Lol.

I do encourage buying earphones at this time. Why not. I know everyone could use the business. It is the one fairly safe thing to do in these times. Lol. As crazy is that is.

Last edited:
Apr 7, 2020 at 2:44 PM Post #999 of 5,045
@Dsnuts What music genre is h40 best for? Its not a V shaped iem like the d10 right?
Friend... I can tell from my part for real, that straight out of box.. since yesterday (I have managed to throw every music genre you can imagine there.., (70s rock/progressive, 60s_70s pop /rock psychedelia /glam/80s post punk, new/dark/electro wave, ebm, idm,ambient, dance, current electronica, break beat/leftfield/balearic,baroque, classical /minimalist /instrumental (big orchestras) symphonic pieces(brass/strings ensembles), vocalists,,ethnic/neofolk tracks/traditional choruses etc......) this monitors have managed to stay faith to the original recordings and present a remarkable realistic reproduction in each and every track there....
It's trully amazing the engagement level for me at least with H40...
Nevertheless, long drum sessions on rock/jazz pieces of music are my personal favorite and really something else with H40..
Especially jazz tracks in the vein of "whiplash" or "caravan" are captivating with H40 :kissing_cat: :v:

Apr 8, 2020 at 12:34 AM Post #1,001 of 5,045
H40 with the DUNU DUW-02. Theses DUNU cables are the ones that come with the DK-2001.

The cable material is a neotech single crystal copper coated silver in litz structure. For folks that need to switch their terminations on the fly. DUNU cables are absolutely superb and is of the highest quality when it comes to cables. Structure and material of these cables are similar to ISNs S4 cables that come with the D10.

Out of all the cables I have used these are not only an upgrade to the stock S8 cable with improved imagery and stage but these retain the warm tonality of the original tuning. Balance is meticulous out of this cable and I am hearing more copper influence on the tuning more than the silver aspect like the ISN S4. Meaning bass and especially mids have better imaging with better spaciousness vs the stock cable. It is yet another upgraded take on the H40.

I had to do some yard work so I plugged this cable on it and used it for a good 2 hours. I also have the DUNU hulk cable that came with my LUNA I can try as well but thus far the H40 has shown me time and time again that cable changes makes the H40 sing like never before. Will update this to the front page with the other cables.

This was what I was looking for. you saved me again. I had put in my basket on the AliExpress the H40 & DUW-02 cable with a modular plugs, but I was reluctant to buy, cause i didn't find a review of both.
I will buy now :ksc75smile:
Words cannot express my gratitude to you @Dsnuts @audio123 and others guys

Perhaps the only thing Corona benefited me was that he sat you home and made you spend more time here :)

Apr 8, 2020 at 9:26 AM Post #1,002 of 5,045
This was what I was looking for. you saved me again. I had put in my basket on the AliExpress the H40 & DUW-02 cable with a modular plugs, but I was reluctant to buy, cause i didn't find a review of both.
I will buy now :ksc75smile:
Words cannot express my gratitude to you @Dsnuts @audio123 and others guys

Perhaps the only thing Corona benefited me was that he sat you home and made you spend more time here :)
Glad to be of help! You will enjoy them for sure.

Apr 8, 2020 at 1:10 PM Post #1,003 of 5,045
If anyone is looking for an H40 with original packaging and 4.4mm cable, let me know.
Trying to trim down to 6 IEMs.

Apr 8, 2020 at 1:33 PM Post #1,005 of 5,045
Just curious, which 6 iems do you keep?
most likely these:
Rhapsodio Eden
Jomo Samba
Dita Dream XLS
Hyla Sarda
ThieAudio Voyager14
Earsonics S-EM9

Users who are viewing this thread

Back