ISN Earphones impression thread. New ISN NEO 3!
Mar 22, 2024 at 7:36 PM Post #4,996 of 5,041
Mar 22, 2024 at 9:55 PM Post #4,997 of 5,041
Really recommend giving the Eletech Baroque Tips a spin, they are changing the game with the Neo 5 right now… wow.

Mar 23, 2024 at 10:42 AM Post #4,998 of 5,041
I watched "The Fifth Element" yesterday with my EST50 (Hiby R5 ii). What an experience! This really takes "cinema in your ears" to a different level...

The bass gives a subwoofer like theater experience while the imaging provides pin-point accuracy. Every launch, explosion, shot and even the "universe" (just watch the first 2-3 minutes and you`ll understand what I mean) are portayed in such an immersive way (at the beginning you really feel the sense of endless nothing), it pulls you into the experience like I haven`t experienced before with IEMs. You can "feel" the rumble when an engine is roaring, you "feel" the impact of every explosion and especially the highs (shattering glass for example) have such a nice edge to them. I will be using these a lot for movies in the future, its just another thing the EST50 does with ease and without any major flaws I can think of (except a bigger soundstage but with this imaging and immersive bass I really don`t mind and forgot quickly about it).

ISN really created something special here, this is the closest I have ever come to a theater-like experience at home and its very akin to a nice 7.1 system. And the best thing is, you get all of these amazing traits even on lower listening volumes :)

On a side note though; watching old films really reminds you how much society has changed... They would never produce that film in this way today when it comes to the "romance scenes" :D

Mar 23, 2024 at 9:38 PM Post #4,999 of 5,041
Curious if anyone can compare Neo 3 with the SR5 or SR7 ? Does Sound Rhyme have a similar signature to ISN with regard to tuning and presentation?

Mar 24, 2024 at 11:38 PM Post #5,000 of 5,041
The OG cable on the Neo 3 was a treble tamer for me. I used it with the EW200 and it completely killed the spicy treble to an extent it sounded off. I tried different cables and finally settled on a XINHS 4 core graphene plated cable and Spinfit Omni tips.

Mar 25, 2024 at 11:37 AM Post #5,002 of 5,041
Curious if anyone can compare Neo 3 with the SR5 or SR7 ? Does Sound Rhyme have a similar signature to ISN with regard to tuning and presentation?
The ISN Neo 3 is considerably more enjoyable than my Sound Rhyme SR5...to me of course. The SR5 is a good IEM though, but doesn't have that 'Je ne sais quoi', 'for me' though.

Last edited:
Mar 25, 2024 at 11:08 PM Post #5,003 of 5,041
The ISN Neo 3 is considerably more enjoyable than my Sound Rhyme SR5...to me of course. The SR5 is a good IEM though, but doesn't have that 'Je ne sais quoi', 'for me' though.
Do you have another pair in mind that sounds like the Neo 3 with deeper sub bass impact?

Mar 29, 2024 at 11:11 PM Post #5,004 of 5,041
Cables rolls TSMR-X
First things first I have to say I landed on the suggested switch setting. Meaning 100 was too bass laden and affected pace. Really the suggested setting of 020 was just right, and reassuring that I hear things the way TSMR hears stuff.

Cables
The ISN S4 4 strand 63 cores totaling 252 cores silver plated copper $55.00
The ISN GC4 Single Crystal Copper Gold Platted 4 stand 16 core $179.00
The Penon ASOS+ 8 wire, 24 AWG 99cores Silver Plated Copper with Litz structure and special Purple Plug $215.00

The Penon OSG Graphene infused Silver Plated Copper 4 stand 71 core Litz structure $299.00

DSC_0018.jpege copy.jpeg

The ISN S4:
What was wild is I have always had an itch to try the S4 cable on other stuff. While sure depending where you want to go the ISN Neo5 was released with the S8, only to be fully improved by the magic of the S4. Today the S4 is bringing its bass reductions and stage widening to the table. While not as vivid as the next three, it was still cool to hear. My bad, as I have yet to try it against the included TSMR cable? :frowning2:

DSC_1891.jpegdw.jpeg

The ISN GC4:
The ISN GC4 added an additional amount of thickness from the S4 and did a cool thing to where it cleaned up the low end and added details, a style of speed and texture. The GC4 is while slightly dark it also added great width into stage perception and slight itemizations found inside the midrange. Great and really a good combo if you want a cleaner bass than some cables with still the warmth and stage size offered with some cables. Clean bass is the word for the day.

DSC_1874.jpeg23s.jpeg

The ASOS+:
The ASOS+ may have been my favorite cable, maybe? Just bigger than life, and a width, tallness and lowest point, plus front to back. Both midrange centered, yet opened up the treble into items and made the bass super clear and fast. We are talking size of output........

DSC_1880.jpeg3.jpeg

Penon OSG:
DSC_0006.jpegqwq.jpeg

The Penon OSG:
Well well, Penon used Graphene for the very first time with this. The older and wiser more expensive brother of the ISN G4. Here was are given bass reduction too, but done in such a special way…….to where the mids were offering the biggest and smoothest today. A notch down in many ways from the over the top ASOS+. Yet this here was polite and offered a new level of class and sophistication, allowing that Graphene sound to be just that much more potent than the G4 ever thought of being. Big with a smooth midrange and a deepness of looking down into the stage that comes from clarity and element organization.

The ISN G4:
DSC_1901.jpegone.jpeg

Last edited:
Apr 2, 2024 at 12:18 PM Post #5,005 of 5,041
Forgot my Neo 5 review papers at home, no distractions from work today… so here is a tangent 🙃

My one complaint about the build quality is the loosening of the 2-pin over time. Everything else is top notch, the aesthetics and feel are very premium. I feel like the resin body is actually higher quality than my Szalayi, picking up less micro scratches.
IMG_7109.jpeg

Went back to the green default tips after rolling for awhile, they really just don’t need another pair.

IMG_7108.jpeg

My AE sale cables come in today, excited to give this one some new clothes.

Apr 2, 2024 at 12:31 PM Post #5,006 of 5,041
Forgot my Neo 5 review papers at home, no distractions from work today… so here is a tangent 🙃

My one complaint about the build quality is the loosening of the 2-pin over time. Everything else is top notch, the aesthetics and feel are very premium. I feel like the resin body is actually higher quality than my Szalayi, picking up less micro scratches.
IMG_7109.jpeg

Went back to the green default tips after rolling for awhile, they really just don’t need another pair.

IMG_7108.jpeg

My AE sale cables come in today, excited to give this one some new clothes.
this must be the cable coming from SZAs if i am correct..........i think this cable is my all time favorite cable wishing each and every monitor had this one...

Apr 2, 2024 at 12:44 PM Post #5,007 of 5,041
this must be the cable coming from SZAs if i am correct..........i think this cable is my all time favorite cable wishing each and every monitor had this one...
It is easily the best pack in cable I have had. It’s made every IEM I have tried it with just a smidge better, and the ergonomics are just top notch. I would buy several if given the chance.

Its just not flashy, and sometimes I like that!

Apr 2, 2024 at 3:54 PM Post #5,008 of 5,041
Got the NEO 3 on loan today, little more dark orange due to the lighting I used.
I really like these, has a thick and warm sound. Had seen Akros measurement from YT, and I expected them to be even more bassy.

Can use them more and say what I think in detail, but I like them now :beyersmile:

DSCF4833.jpg

DSCF4839.jpg

DSCF4843.jpg

Last edited:
Apr 2, 2024 at 4:14 PM Post #5,009 of 5,041
Got the NEO 3 on loan today, little more dark orange due to the lighting I used.
I really like these, has a thick and warm sound. Had seen Akros measurement from YT, and I expected them to be even more bassy.

Can use them more and say what I think in detail, but I like them now :beyersmile:

Those according to my taste always can be highly addictive and go side by side with much pricier monitors such as oriveti's currently flagship the OH700VB, as those two share more or less the same DNA as far as atmospheric/darkish sound goes with an emphasis on the lower end, For me that direct comparison between those two was a much valuable lesson as far as price to performance ratio goes for today's industry standarts..
I had to give them a short A/B test last week end and interestingly enough at the same volume level (and same gain) I could hardly separate one from each,other.... Talking about really minor differences there that certainly do not flavor the one over the other set..
and besides all that.. even the fact that from 50 Hz to 250 Hz NEO 3 sounds more impactfull and dense alltogether, creating easily this way a magnificent wall of lower frequencies buttering your senses gives them a solid recommendation over OH700VB according always to my taste of things..

20240302_114528 (1).jpg

So...all in all at the end of the day I vote in flavor of NEO 3 cause for this price bracket it simply works wonders...

Last edited:
Apr 3, 2024 at 1:23 PM Post #5,010 of 5,041
IMG_7136.jpeg
😍😌😌

Users who are viewing this thread

Back