ISN Earphones impression thread. New ISN NEO 3!
Jul 17, 2022 at 1:16 AM Post #3,635 of 5,042
@Nas Volokin

Thanks for mentioning me in your post but I think that it was meant for someone else because I have never listened to the ISN H50!
Oh well, that's fine, I don't regret it lol
Actually I'm really happy with my set

Jul 21, 2022 at 11:24 PM Post #3,636 of 5,042
Clean/Fast...... The Fastest ISN so far!

ISN H50 in semitransparent black with semitransparent faceplates, only occluded by gold-foil. S8 cable and Walkman WM1A with MrWalkman's "Midnight" v2 (for 1A) in Plus v1 mode.

H50.jpeg

Last edited:
Jul 22, 2022 at 12:14 AM Post #3,637 of 5,042
Clean/Fast...... The Fastest ISN so far!

ISN H50 in black with clear smoked faceplates, only occluded by gold-foil. S8 cable and Walkman WM1A with MrWalkman's "Midnight" v2 (for 1A) in Plus v1 mode.

H50.jpeg
Glad you finally got to listen to the H50!

Jul 22, 2022 at 12:35 AM Post #3,638 of 5,042
Glad you finally got to listen to the H50!
Yes! Truly didn’t spend that much time with it yet. But everyone was saying how involvement was instantaneous? Hah. Really, in these early stages I can relate with how they chose to diverge from the H40 sound profile. In fact the H50 makes such a natural sound profile progression, leaving the H40 in the dust.......I guess? It’s not a question of just being different, the H50 has better technicalities, end of story.

ISN was probably looking for tidying-up over the H40. For just $100 more than the H40 you get technicalities and gifts like pace and bounce/detail that would come with those technicalities. I’m surprised how well it worked-out for ISN. I just started listening, but so far the H50 doesn’t lose any of the musicality of the H40? It may even have added musicality? :)

Last edited:
Jul 22, 2022 at 9:26 PM Post #3,639 of 5,042
I've been rocking the ISN H50 the last 2 weeks (connected to a Fiio LC-BT2 LDAC BT neckband). I still have my ISN H40s with modded grille filter replacements.

I find the the sub-bass and bass to be significantly more refined and faster on ISN H50 vs the ISN H40. For the rest of the frequency range, the ISN H50 is just a tad more flat/neutral. But its definitely a slight refinement. The overall warm and fun sound signature is the same.

With that said, my filter grille modded ISN H40s seem to have a little more treble clarity vs the ISN H50. I suspect it is because the stock filter grilles on the ISN H50 are the culprit again. Has anyone replaced the the filter grilles on the ISN H50 to see if it opens up the treble?

Last edited:
Jul 28, 2022 at 9:21 PM Post #3,640 of 5,042
Last edited:
Jul 29, 2022 at 4:16 PM Post #3,642 of 5,042
Thank you for a excellent review ,
Comparisons are really helpful ,
Pls a comparison with Penon Vortex if possible , thanks ,
Thank-you.

Sure thing, when I get the Vortex.

Jul 30, 2022 at 10:08 PM Post #3,643 of 5,042
Hello dear fellow headfiers!
I have joined the club recently with ISN H50 (just got mine a month ago:darthsmile:)
My impressions so far are really positive...
I'm in no means professional musician or audiophile, but recently I got into this hobby and I really appreciate this forum with all these nice reviews, recommendations, etc.
I really gotta thank @Ichos and specifically @Dsnuts for recommending me these! Coming from FD5 I found these really musical and resolving,big sound stage, nice thumpy low end and exceptional mids. They're both sound great and I guess it depends on the mood and preferences but I really love what each earphone brings to the table, lol.
I'm so glad I found this thread and I can't thank enough @Dsnuts for every recommendation and quick responses he gives
Thank you so much and if you need a great sounding phones go ahead with ISN. Really impressed :gs1000smile:
H50 for the win!

Aug 2, 2022 at 1:11 AM Post #3,644 of 5,042
I've been rocking the ISN H50 the last 2 weeks (connected to a Fiio LC-BT2 LDAC BT neckband). I still have my ISN H40s with modded grille filter replacements.

I find the the sub-bass and bass to be significantly more refined and faster on ISN H50 vs the ISN H40. For the rest of the frequency range, the ISN H50 is just a tad more flat/neutral. But its definitely a slight refinement. The overall warm and fun sound signature is the same.

With that said, my filter grille modded ISN H40s seem to have a little more treble clarity vs the ISN H50. I suspect it is because the stock filter grilles on the ISN H50 are the culprit again. Has anyone replaced the the filter grilles on the ISN H50 to see if it opens up the treble?
I couldn't sit tight any longer and removed the filter grill on the ISN H50 to check it out. Here is what I found...
  • ISN H50 has no dampener screen behind the grill
  • ISN H50 has sound tubes straight to the grill
  • ISN H50 stock filter grilles do not seem to block or alter the sound at all
So I kept the ISN H50 with the stock filter grille since I heard no difference.

With a closer critical listening session comparing the ISN H40 (modded filter grilles) and ISN H50 I found the difference between the two a bit more stark than I first thought:
  • The bass boom (ISN H40) vs sub bass refinement (ISN H50) difference is huge - you just need to find the right song.
  • The ISN H50's more neutral tuning combined with the cleaner mid-bass does lend for more clarity overall. It is a bit more subtle than the bass difference, but again, find the right song and you'll hear it.
  • The modded ISN H40's V shape tuning seems to have a touch more sparkle on the high end and can create the illusion of a little more treble clarity vs the ISN H50. Songs that hide the strengths of the ISN H50's neutral tuning (like an EDM/dance song with only higher frequency voices) can trick me into leaning towards the ISN H40.
I've come to like the ISN H50 even more the last week. I still wish it had a touch more treble 'transparency', but its a pretty big improvement over the ISN H40 everywhere else. Somehow I'd call the H50 more transparent and neutral, but also a tad 'darker' than the H40.

Perhaps what I'm waiting for is the something like the ISN H50 with the electrostatic driver of the ISN EST50? For now, I'm going to keep the ISN H50 for the home office with my Fiio LC-BT2 bluetooth headset and use the modded ISN H40s with a Fiio BTR3K for commute/travel. I think the ISN H40 is such a special/fun set for commuting.

Last edited:
Aug 2, 2022 at 1:13 AM Post #3,645 of 5,042
Anyone feel like the ISN H50's clarity doesn't peek through until you really crank the volume?

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back