ISN Earphones impression thread. New ISN NEO 3!
Nov 1, 2021 at 1:12 PM Post #3,109 of 5,044
Very much an impulse buy on my part due to your impressions and certainly on the basis of the musical engagement factor... curious to hear how they do in that regard having been left cold by MEST MKII to mention another hybrid. Typically, single DDs give me most enjoyment - or of course Traillii but one would expect at that price! Thanks for bringing to my attention @Xinlisupreme

on the basis of the musical engagement factor as you say..... H40 is pure heaven.. I still prefer them for everyday listening over others (twice and more the price iems) in my collection.
So....... I cannot even imagine how an upgrade to that sound profile would be...
H50... With eyes closed.......

Nov 1, 2021 at 1:21 PM Post #3,110 of 5,044
on the basis of the musical engagement factor as you say..... H40 is pure heaven.. I still prefer them for everyday listening over others (twice and more the price iems) in my collection.
So....... I cannot even imagine how an upgrade to that sound profile would be...
H50... With eyes closed.......

Great to hear. A knee jerk purchase, in part motivated by Monday morning blues! Moments of buyers remorse were creeping in during the day but it sounds like they are a good bet.

Nov 1, 2021 at 1:29 PM Post #3,111 of 5,044
I have rediscovered my love for the H40 after neglecting it for so long and going up the ladder. Still today , I think it has great SQ for the price. The H50, if it's a clear upgrade it'll be hard to beat for a bassy and musical IEM IMO.
Same, today, with AP80pro and DH80.

Nov 1, 2021 at 1:55 PM Post #3,112 of 5,044
Nov 1, 2021 at 1:58 PM Post #3,113 of 5,044
Ok Got it to work order placed!
DS better be right about this one being The ONE !! Or he will have to listen to elevator music for 3 months!!🤑🤑🤑🤑
No worries Dr. Blue.

If folks can't figure out what level of sound they are dealing with on the H50. You are most definitely in the wrong hobby.

I would imagine Penon folks being extremely busy right about now. Lol.

Nov 1, 2021 at 1:59 PM Post #3,114 of 5,044
You guys will see. I am not gonna come out and say an earphone will set the bench at the price if I felt it is just ok or good for the price. These are exceptional at not only the price but at any price.
Now that's a Statement release

Nov 1, 2021 at 2:09 PM Post #3,115 of 5,044
dsnuts, if you have contacts at Penon, tell them their website doesn't seem to accept credit cards at the moment. Even through Paypal. I had to use my paypal balance to pay for it. And yes, I bought the H50. I don't know hwy I felt like browsing head-fi this week-end after almost a year of hard mental work and rehab... I relapsed at the H50 sight. The H40 was so good that I had to throw money at ISN for the H50. Wil let you know when it gets there! :beerchug:

Nov 1, 2021 at 2:49 PM Post #3,117 of 5,044
You know I was gonna mention the H50 does remind me a bit of the Land tuning. They are both energetic sound tuning wise. Their stages are comparable. Which is astounding considering the H50 is half the price of the Lands. Land has more treble emphasis lower to mid trebles. It does have that treble detail that the H50 is not quite at and it doesnt sound as rangy for the trebles like the Lands more premium EST implementation. This being said due to the upper treble emphasis the H50 has a very addictive airy treble sparkle that is somewhat akin to the LANDs treble sparkle. Not exactly the same but has a similar effect. Since LAND has more treble emphasis the mids take more of a step back on the Land vs the H50 mids.

Here is the shocker. H50 value is so good it sounds like a side grade from the Land believe it or not. We are talking an earphone that cost exactly double and Land is no weak sauce in value either. So this is where the SQ level is at on the H50. If you tone down the lower to mid trebles a touch on the Land it would be somewhat comparable to the H50 tuning. LANDs bass is comparable to the H50 bass end here as well.
I listened to the Land. My dear friend Xinlisupreme lent it to me very kindly (and I didn't even want to give it back .....😊😊😊😊). Would you be kind enough to compare me with the H50? To understand....

Nov 1, 2021 at 2:50 PM Post #3,118 of 5,044
dsnuts, if you have contacts at Penon, tell them their website doesn't seem to accept credit cards at the moment. Even through Paypal. I had to use my paypal balance to pay for it. And yes, I bought the H50. I don't know hwy I felt like browsing head-fi this week-end after almost a year of hard mental work and rehab... I relapsed at the H50 sight. The H40 was so good that I had to throw money at ISN for the H50. Wil let you know when it gets there! :beerchug:
Congratulations on your avatar😉

Nov 1, 2021 at 2:59 PM Post #3,119 of 5,044
You know I was gonna mention the H50 does remind me a bit of the Land tuning. They are both energetic sound tuning wise. Their stages are comparable. Which is astounding considering the H50 is half the price of the Lands. Land has more treble emphasis lower to mid trebles. It does have that treble detail that the H50 is not quite at and it doesnt sound as rangy for the trebles like the Lands more premium EST implementation. This being said due to the upper treble emphasis the H50 has a very addictive airy treble sparkle that is somewhat akin to the LANDs treble sparkle. Not exactly the same but has a similar effect. Since LAND has more treble emphasis the mids take more of a step back on the Land vs the H50 mids.

Here is the shocker. H50 value is so good it sounds like a side grade from the Land believe it or not. We are talking an earphone that cost exactly double and Land is no weak sauce in value either. So this is where the SQ level is at on the H50. If you tone down the lower to mid trebles a touch on the Land it would be somewhat comparable to the H50 tuning. LANDs bass is comparable to the H50 bass end here as well.
thanks ..... i read now

Nov 1, 2021 at 3:07 PM Post #3,120 of 5,044
I listened to the Land. My dear friend Xinlisupreme lent it to me very kindly (and I didn't even want to give it back .....😊😊😊😊). Would you be kind enough to compare me with the H50? To understand....
Stages are comparable. Similar bass emphasis and impact. H50 might have a touch more sub bass. Very comparable bass ends in performance. H50 has a bit more forward mid range. LAND has more treble from lower to mid trebles. So LAND is more of a U shaped signature. H50 is more closer to a W shaped signature. The H50 technicalities, stage, imaging, sound separation and detail are right there with the LANDs. LAND uses more premium drivers hence the cost difference. The H50 is not using the same level of drivers as the LANDs but they are tuned exceptionally well which make up for any type of shortcomings.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back