ISN Earphones impression thread. New ISN NEO 3!
Nov 1, 2021 at 9:32 AM Post #3,091 of 5,044
my man @Dsnuts ...............
own you BIG TIME here.............
you were the first one who introduced/suggested me without any hesitation to the phenomenal H40 sound profile two years ago....
since then i am a happy head fier...................:stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:
Have to ask again for your opinion...cause matters the most to me before anything here man......
i know you have allready made things clear (been reading your first impressions on H50)regarding the obvious upgrade towards H40s sound BUT still....have to ask : Does H50 offers a much more spacious sound feeling overall in comparison with H40 ??(regarding air/space/stage/dimentionality)stage is my first priority man here.....
And secondly .......i was triggered lately between the VARIATIONS and EST50 tribrids as well man..........
To me what matters the most regarding my next iem purchase would be the stage/dimentionality/sound spatiality of an iem.......
what would you suggest man ???go with eyes closed for H50 and don't look back??????:sweat_smile:
waiting for your suggestion/approval man..........
YES This! with an airy treble end too.
You guys honestly think these guys number 1 IEM they have ever sold will not be scrutenized. They read every single post here on headfi. They read and see every review that have ever been done for thier earphones.

I was told at the beginning of this year they was trying to one up the H40. Ya thats right this is how long they have toiled over this one. I was genuinely surprised when I thought it was the EST50 that was the sucessor to the H40. Nope they told me right after I posted my review of the EST50 that they have been working on the H50.

Folks that get a pair will be genuinely surprised. You just don't get this level of sound for the bucks. It has never been done till now. You all are in for a treat. Like I said these are gonna set the bench at the $300 level.

Nov 1, 2021 at 9:38 AM Post #3,092 of 5,044
I have rediscovered my love for the H40 after neglecting it for so long and going up the ladder. Still today , I think it has great SQ for the price. The H50, if it's a clear upgrade it'll be hard to beat for a bassy and musical IEM IMO.

Nov 1, 2021 at 9:41 AM Post #3,093 of 5,044
YES This! with an airy treble end too.
You guys honestly think these guys number 1 IEM they have ever sold will not be scrutenized. They read every single post here on headfi. They read and see every review that have ever been done for thier earphones.

I was told at the beginning of this year they was trying to one up the H40. Ya thats right this is how long they have toiled over this one. I was genuinely surprised when I thought it was the EST50 that was the sucessor to the H40. Nope they told me right after I posted my review of the EST50 that they have been working on the H50.

Folks that get a pair will be genuinely surprised. You just don't get this level of sound for the bucks. It has never been done till now. You all are in for a treat. Like I said these are gonna set the bench at the $300 level.

Very much an impulse buy on my part due to your impressions and certainly on the basis of the musical engagement factor... curious to hear how they do in that regard having been left cold by MEST MKII to mention another hybrid. Typically, single DDs give me most enjoyment - or of course Traillii but one would expect at that price! Thanks for bringing to my attention @Xinlisupreme

Nov 1, 2021 at 9:46 AM Post #3,094 of 5,044
Oh this is very very interesting i will definitely get those to upgrade my ISN40.

So is signature similar to ISN40? Any changes tonally?
It is a more energetic, ambient, airy, detailed, spacious, dynamic, more sub bass vs mid bass, cleaner, more resolving.

You guys are gonna love these things.

Nov 1, 2021 at 10:04 AM Post #3,095 of 5,044
It is a more energetic, ambient, airy, detailed, spacious, dynamic, more sub bass vs mid bass, cleaner, more resolving.

Is the H50 a big improvement over the H40? I saw a YouTube review saying the H40 was better than the Mangird Tea. As an OAP in the UK our state pension is the lowest in Western Europe so I have to be careful. H40 or H50? How do they A/B?

Nov 1, 2021 at 10:26 AM Post #3,096 of 5,044
Its tuned with equal parts sub bass, upper mids and upper treble. It will highlight parts about a sound we all enjoy. I am currently writing about the Shozy & ISN SCB2 but I can't wait to start my write up on the H50.

It is a substantial product and one that will be very popular around here. H40 still holds up today with its large warmer musical tone and full bored sound. The H50 refines that sound to another level and let me just say that when you guys hear these things. Your getting a good insight into how the Penon Flagship Legends are tuned. But with a dynamic doing bass.

Let me finish up my burn in and will post a comparison but there is no doubt in my mind which one has the higher end tuning. Both are very musical but now we have a much more refined version.

Nov 1, 2021 at 10:29 AM Post #3,097 of 5,044

When an iem is sub-bass focused it means the bass is always present and dominant, even with classical music?
Sub bass it is that which shake and dust off that dust of the speakers lol . So that sound roar/shakes always present in the H50?
Or is it more subtle and smooth and operates just with bassy music?

Last edited:
Nov 1, 2021 at 10:39 AM Post #3,098 of 5,044
No. It has very good control of the region. It isn't like a sub woofer if thats what your worried about. There's no mid bass hump at all. All 3 regions have a clean tonal quality due to the tightness of the sound. Sound has excellent depth and height with one of the best wide imaging stages for earphones. The bass this time around has more subbass presence vs the mid bass. The H40 was more mid bass than sub bass. That's an improvement right there, and ISN is using a higher end dynamic driver to do it.

Nov 1, 2021 at 11:00 AM Post #3,099 of 5,044
No. It has very good control of the region. It isn't like a sub woofer if thats what your worried about. There's no mid bass hump at all. All 3 regions have a clean tonal quality due to the tightness of the sound. Sound has excellent depth and height with one of the best wide imaging stages for earphones. The bass this time around has more subbass presence vs the mid bass. The H40 was more mid bass than sub bass. That's an improvement right there, and ISN is using a higher end dynamic driver to do it.

Whats was the difference in DD? Do we have any details?

Nov 1, 2021 at 11:10 AM Post #3,100 of 5,044
The size for the dynamic went from 9.2mm to 10mm. Composite diaphragm can mean it has half graphene and half silicone. or 3 different coatings. Will have to ask the man. It seems they are keeping a tight lip about exactly what drivers were used for the H50. I do know the sound out of the box has more control tightness vs the H40 dynamic out of the box.

Nov 1, 2021 at 11:19 AM Post #3,101 of 5,044
That's what I'm talking about!

Nov 1, 2021 at 12:03 PM Post #3,103 of 5,044

Cheers man. This is exactly what i was looking for. Cleaner sounding more controlled with a bit more sparkle. And if on top imaging is better, i wont regret the purchase

Users who are viewing this thread

Back