ISN Earphones impression thread. New ISN NEO 3!
Sep 29, 2021 at 2:37 AM Post #2,971 of 5,044
Sep 29, 2021 at 2:39 AM Post #2,972 of 5,044

The composite DD has me interested. I wonder what price they're targeting with this...

Specs:
Driver: 4 Balanced Armature +1 Dynamic driver
4BA: 2BA for high frequency,2BA for middle frequency
1 Dynamic: 10mm composite diaphragm Dynamic driver for bass
3 channel, 3-way crossover

Last edited:
Sep 29, 2021 at 2:39 AM Post #2,973 of 5,044
Any further info about that ???????
Specs via ISN & Penon FB Pages

Model: H50
Impedance: 25ohm
Sensitivity: 108dB
Frequency response: 20-20kHz
3 channels 3-way crossover
Connector: MMCX
Plug: Gold-plated
Cable length: 1.2M

Sep 29, 2021 at 2:48 AM Post #2,974 of 5,044
Specs via ISN & Penon FB Pages

Model: H50
Impedance: 25ohm
Sensitivity: 108dB
Frequency response: 20-20kHz
3 channels 3-way crossover
Connector: MMCX
Plug: Gold-plated
Cable length: 1.2M
Very very tempting.............................

Sep 29, 2021 at 3:09 AM Post #2,975 of 5,044
Sep 29, 2021 at 3:30 AM Post #2,976 of 5,044
If Bass is ISN's forte, I should try a pair
It's not just the BASS (in case you haven't heard H40) it's the whole atmosphere that surrounds the Bass.....
It's a unique experience and the reason why H40 has been so popular over the last years..

Sep 29, 2021 at 3:34 AM Post #2,977 of 5,044
It's not just the BASS (in case you haven't heard H40) it's the whole atmosphere that surrounds the Bass.....
It's a unique experience and the reason why H40 has been so popular over the last years..

The texture of the bass is excellent and when you combine that with very clear separation from the midrange and wide soundstage everything becomes more atmospheric. The bass/midrange transition is one of the best I've heard.

Sep 29, 2021 at 3:53 AM Post #2,978 of 5,044
Now I'm very tempted also.... :gs1000smile:

Sep 29, 2021 at 4:03 AM Post #2,979 of 5,044
The texture of the bass is excellent and when you combine that with very clear separation from the midrange and wide soundstage everything becomes more atmospheric. The bass/midrange transition is one of the best I've heard.
I consider those on par with DUNU EST50 which I also have in terms of atmosphere/ air/resolution......and of course personal taste which is always a subjective matter...
It's till now my most favorite earphone, I would happily live with only H40 for the rest of my life (if I had to...) .. I consider them that precious...
The most analogical sound I ll probably ever hear from an iem..
A Chameleon..... In every genre (acoustic / orchestral/electronica/pop/rock etc..) they perform truly exceptional....

Sep 29, 2021 at 4:14 AM Post #2,980 of 5,044
I consider those on par with DUNU EST50 which I also have in terms of atmosphere/ air/resolution......and of course personal taste which is always a subjective matter...
It's till now my most favorite earphone, I would happily live with only H40 for the rest of my life (if I had to...) .. I consider them that precious...
The most analogical sound I ll probably ever hear from an iem..
A Chameleon..... In every genre (acoustic / orchestral/electronica/pop/rock etc..) they perform truly exceptional....

When you have the money/means check out the LZ A4 Pro. The tuning reminds me of the ISN H40 but with a smaller stage and better bass texture. It doesn't reach as deep but they expertly tuned for lots of different genres.

Sep 29, 2021 at 6:11 AM Post #2,981 of 5,044
El DD compuesto me tiene interesado. Me pregunto a qué precio apuntan con esto ...

Especificaciones:
Conductor: 4 Armadura equilibrada +1 Conductor dinámico
4BA: 2BA para alta frecuencia, 2BA para frecuencia media
1 Dynamic: diafragma compuesto de 10 mm Controlador dinámico para graves
Crossover de 3 canales y 3 vías
The information is not correct, since the EST50 model has two electrostatic drivers (EST), the ohms do not match either.
In this link you can see all the correct information from the penon page;

https://penonaudio.com/isn-audio-est50.html?search=isn audio est50

Sep 29, 2021 at 6:17 AM Post #2,982 of 5,044
Last edited:
Sep 29, 2021 at 7:38 AM Post #2,984 of 5,044
When you have the money/means check out the LZ A4 Pro. The tuning reminds me of the ISN H40 but with a smaller stage and better bass texture. It doesn't reach as deep

H40 was designed so well that even the makers were having some difficulty making a real upgrade to them. I would hold off a bit as there will be new stuff around the corner that I can't say right now. EST50 is using premium drivers and so you will get incremental upgrades to the sound performace but as I said there will always be new stuff aruond the corner.

Plus didn't you just get the Aladdin. I think those will be a nice alternative for you.
@Dsnuts thanks....seems like H50 will be my next purchase , If by any chance you ll get to hear (anytime soon) the forthcoming ISN H50 do share your impressions man...................

Sep 29, 2021 at 7:49 AM Post #2,985 of 5,044
So I have been swamped with work and not able to get any quality time with the EST50 but now that I have I must say I am quite impressed by it... it's a much refined beast over the H40 but that was to be expected with the benefits of EST.

I think the DD / BA / EST formula seems to be a winning combination, if you've read my Tansio Mirai Land review you know how much I loved it and the EST50 is in the same sweet affordable yet high performing bracket. We're reaching levels of refinement and performance in this bracket that is simply unheard of and that's refreshing given the insane price trend in the upper segment. This is undoubtedly the best value for money you'll get these days.

I need more time with EST50 but let me just say when someone like me with plenty of TOTL around gets a smile on its face upon first listen it's always a good sign :) Also, reviewing this baby will be fun times! The tuning is right up my alley of fun and playful with excellent fundamentals. This is going to be an interesting shootout with the TSMR Land as well...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back