ISN Earphones impression thread. New ISN NEO 3!
Sep 14, 2021 at 10:04 AM Post #2,941 of 5,044
Get Mest MK2 and you will sell everything you have atm. I honestly would keep Mest over LX. And LX was my favourite for a good while even after hearing many other 2-3k iems.
Had to sell Mest to fund Evo though. Who knows i might buy it back lol.

Sorry for a derail.
ahahha or the best is to have both UM Mest MKII and EE Legend EVO aahhaa

Sep 17, 2021 at 12:18 PM Post #2,945 of 5,044
Last edited:
Sep 18, 2021 at 11:25 AM Post #2,946 of 5,044
Hello everybody,

By the request of my acquaintance (for some reason he can't create an account with headfi.org and it's not that he was banned or something) I am posting the following.

"At the moment I am looking for earphones with EST drivers for bass-heads. The player which I use is Ibasso DX20 with amp8 amp.
The aim is to get juicy and driven sound but I still don't want to lose details. My preferences in music are mostly Rock and Electromusic. I listen to almost all kinds of rock, mainly vaporwave, glo fi, retrowave, idm, Atmospheric Ambience with live instruments and deep bass line passages.

The priority is given to the tight and deep bass with the mids to be present substantially and comfortable elaborate highs.
I used to have a lot of models from IMR, including r2 aten, IMR new aten, IMR Opus mia, IMR rah but I could not accept muddy untight bass which bleeds to the mids.
I've also had an experience with ISN h40 which I liked but they also have problems with muddy bass and the highs which I did not quite like.
I was impressed by the Ikko oh10 obsidian as far as bass characteristics are concerned but I did not buy them due to their excessive weight and uncomfortable fit.

To make a long story short I'd like to have something of a higher level with the budget of $500.

Please help me choosing from the following models:

isn est50 (is in my priority list but I don't quite know if they are free from problems which I described for ISN h40 as there are very few reviews on them.)

THIEAUDIO EXCALIBUR

moondrop variation

tansio mirai land"

I personally don't quite agree to some of his statements but it does not matter much under these circumstances.

Last edited:
Sep 19, 2021 at 1:10 PM Post #2,948 of 5,044
Can someone please explain why sellers are so reluctant to create invoices on pay pal for selling used goods on here. I tried twice so far to purchase and had very poor experience. I find it odd they would prefer me to just send some random person money. Instead of create proof of the transaction for exchange of goods ond services. Just curious if anyone has any input it would greatly be appreciated.

Sep 19, 2021 at 1:37 PM Post #2,949 of 5,044
Hello everybody,

By the request of my acquaintance (for some reason he can't create an account with headfi.org and it's not that he was banned or something) I am posting the following.

"At the moment I am looking for earphones with EST drivers for bass-heads. The player which I use is Ibasso DX20 with amp8 amp.
The aim is to get juicy and driven sound but I still don't want to lose details. My preferences in music are mostly Rock and Electromusic. I listen to almost all kinds of rock, mainly vaporwave, glo fi, retrowave, idm, Atmospheric Ambience with live instruments and deep bass line passages.

The priority is given to the tight and deep bass with the mids to be present substantially and comfortable elaborate highs.
I used to have a lot of models from IMR, including r2 aten, IMR new aten, IMR Opus mia, IMR rah but I could not accept muddy untight bass which bleeds to the mids.
I've also had an experience with ISN h40 which I liked but they also have problems with muddy bass and the highs which I did not quite like.
I was impressed by the Ikko oh10 obsidian as far as bass characteristics are concerned but I did not buy them due to their excessive weight and uncomfortable fit.

To make a long story short I'd like to have something of a higher level with the budget of $500.

Please help me choosing from the following models:

isn est50 (is in my priority list but I don't quite know if they are free from problems which I described for ISN h40 as there are very few reviews on them.)

THIEAUDIO EXCALIBUR

moondrop variation

tansio mirai land"

I personally don't quite agree to some of his statements but it does not matter much under these circumstances.

Hi, I listen mostly to rock, metal and electro (techno, trance even hardtechno). I can confirm that EST50 can be an endgame for a basshead because I am one myself and my whole collection is bass-oriented. The H40 doesn't have the same bass as the EST50, the EST50 bass can be slightly compared to the ISN D10 but obviously there is a big gap. The bass of the EST50 is much better and addictive (according to a friend who owns both).

A very colorful sound, and I've never heard something so fun. The bass is not only their strong point. Their biggest strength is the 3D/Surround effect. The EST50 have an impressive separation, instrumental coherence with a large soundstage. And you wonder how they manage to be so detailed with a huge bass. But be careful with the eartips, they're very eartips dependants.

EST50 are even better than the Campfire Audio Atlas, more expensive IEMs. I will soon have the chance to try the Empire Ears in my next trip, so I will be able to place them better than I currently can.
But my subjective opinion is ...I don't see any real problems with them. They are really amazing especially for the price and for a basshead like me, they're perfect. Really, I mean it.

PS : If you want a big bass canon IEMs ... Make an EQ +5dB in low frequencies and enjoy your crazy bass-music with them and feel the bass. A dream for this music style :

Sep 19, 2021 at 2:43 PM Post #2,950 of 5,044
Can’t get enough of my EST50, the bass is sublime. Great presence and texture, with no bleeding. Not a one trick pony either, the mids and highs have not been lacking. Vocals sound superb with a big soundstage. Perfect for my main genres (hip hop, grime, drum n bass, psy trance and psybient).

Using JVC Spiraldots at the mo, got some spare xelastecs to try and might get some Whizzer’s wide bore tips.

Sep 19, 2021 at 3:25 PM Post #2,951 of 5,044
Can’t get enough of my EST50, the bass is sublime. Great presence and texture, with no bleeding. Not a one trick pony either, the mids and highs have not been lacking. Vocals sound superb with a big soundstage. Perfect for my main genres (hip hop, grime, drum n bass, psy trance and psybient).

Using JVC Spiraldots at the mo, got some spare xelastecs to try and might get some Whizzer’s wide bore tips.
Oh, you finally bought them, no regrets with the Volts -> EST50 transition?

I'm glad you share my feeling, I was afraid the bass would be too much for you. Yes, from what I've heard the Xelastec make the EST50s less bassy so it begin to confirm that they can be very versatile depending on the tips you give it. Can't wait to get the Final E and see how they will sound like. Maybe it's the price a bit expensive that does it but .... These IEMs really need to be considered seriously, they're impressive.

You should also try the old rock with a good stereo, you'll be amazed how good the EST50 are. Like this track :

Sep 19, 2021 at 4:30 PM Post #2,952 of 5,044
Oh, you finally bought them, no regrets with the Volts -> EST50 transition?

I'm glad you share my feeling, I was afraid the bass would be too much for you. Yes, from what I've heard the Xelastec make the EST50s less bassy so it begin to confirm that they can be very versatile depending on the tips you give it. Can't wait to get the Final E and see how they will sound like. Maybe it's the price a bit expensive that does it but .... These IEMs really need to be considered seriously, they're impressive.

You should also try the old rock with a good stereo, you'll be amazed how good the EST50 are. Like this track :

No regrets at all. Haven’t found any areas that are struggling or a mismatch with my music. The bass isn’t overpowering but a very solid foundation in which you can enjoy the rest of the music.

Thanks for the rec, will check it out.

Sep 19, 2021 at 5:33 PM Post #2,953 of 5,044
he EST50 bass can be slightly compared to the ISN D10 but obviously there is a big gap. The bass of the EST50 is much better and addictive
I have both and I second above statement. As other mentioned, it is only bass, the EST50 also produce a clean vocal and detail high freq.
Unfortunately, I do not have any more expensive IEMs to compare so I cannot really say how it compares to above price bracket.

Sep 19, 2021 at 6:27 PM Post #2,954 of 5,044
So I got one of them new fandangled Ibasso DX300Max daps. It is more of a transportable device more so than being a portable. The sound using the EST50 and the DX300Max is unbelievable. The DX300Max has one of the widest stages for a player I have ever heard. That in conjunction with superb dynamics including some outrageous full bodied low rumbling bass. I can't begin to tell you folks just how well it synergizes with the EST50. Absolutely nothing lacking in the sound. It was made for the DX300Max. DSC08956.JPG
Nothing but love for the EST50 from me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back