ISN Earphones impression thread. New ISN NEO 3!
Sep 5, 2021 at 12:08 PM Post #2,912 of 5,044
I went for an SA6 instead of EST50 when it was first released and the shallower fit and smaller barrel of the SA6 never agreed with my larger and longer sized ear canals. I loved the sound- the mids were sublime; but without a good fit no matter the tips the isolation took a hit, I think.
If an EST50 is a souped up, refined H40 that may be a good choice maybe with an S4 cable. You gotta go with what you know sometimes. 😉

EDIT: Ordered it with the Penon Mix.

Last edited:
Sep 7, 2021 at 4:17 PM Post #2,913 of 5,044
Shape is very similar, it is just a little bit smaller vs the H40 shells but fit is pretty much identical.
Would the EST50 be a good deal for $400 used, and is it comparable to EJ07 or ST7?

Sep 9, 2021 at 4:56 AM Post #2,916 of 5,044
Finally a week ago I have received my EST50. They have been held in Customs for more than a month. I finally got them!
My first impressions were that I noticed them tremendously funny. That hypnotizing bass! hehehe
After about 40 hours of burning, I do not notice that they have gained much, or nothing, although I like the sound.
I notice that they are not as technical and precise as my itsfit fusion, but they are fun because of that characteristic bass. The highs reflect them very well too, as do the mids; although I would like a little more detail.
I changed the cable from day one. Alternating between xinhs 8 core graphene wire and the pure silver with furukawa copper, which I still like better.
That's all for now. If I notice significant changes I will inform you again.

Sep 9, 2021 at 6:39 PM Post #2,917 of 5,044
Finally a week ago I have received my EST50. They have been held in Customs for more than a month. I finally got them!
My first impressions were that I noticed them tremendously funny. That hypnotizing bass! hehehe
After about 40 hours of burning, I do not notice that they have gained much, or nothing, although I like the sound.
I notice that they are not as technical and precise as my itsfit fusion, but they are fun because of that characteristic bass. The highs reflect them very well too, as do the mids; although I would like a little more detail.
I changed the cable from day one. Alternating between xinhs 8 core graphene wire and the pure silver with furukawa copper, which I still like better.
That's all for now. If I notice significant changes I will inform you again.

Yeah, the bass can eat a little some details for some tracks who ask for it. The price to pay for this bass and this tremendously fun signature, I guess. Maybe you should try to see with other tips if you are using stock tips. They're very tips dependants !

Last edited:
Sep 10, 2021 at 10:55 AM Post #2,918 of 5,044
Yes, I've tried several tips, like azla xelastec, spiral dots, spinfit CP145... now, I've left the spinfits on, because the azla lost the bass a bit. The spiral dots increased it and I thought it was too low. And with the spiral I find the most balanced point, in addition to the most comfortable and soft.

I have read that people also tend to use Final Type-E; but I have not tried them. I don't know how they will compare to all the ones I have.

Sep 12, 2021 at 6:54 PM Post #2,919 of 5,044
Overall I would put them
Tansio Mirai Spark
IER Z1R
Penon Volts
CA Solaris
TSMR- LAND
UM- MEST
EST50
CA Andomeda S
Then the too many to list of others I own after that.
Could you compare the Land with the EST50

Sep 12, 2021 at 7:33 PM Post #2,921 of 5,044
So a bit of a surprise. Much like how I experienced the volt after burn in. We have a tonal shift. At about 50 hours of music run in.

Up until last night tonally the EST50 was leaning a touch warmer in tone. It is not as warm sounding anymore meaning I am hearing an increase of treble emphasis and tightening of the bass end which is exactly what I wanted from the EST50. So the EST50 I am gonna suggest a solid burn in cycle.

It is the bass end and the EST upper treble that needs the burn in more so than the BAs.

Due to the tonal shift I am gonna have to revisit some comaprisons I have planned.

I just tested out one of my main bass tracks for sub bass. OH MAN! Wow. Sub bass texture is insane on these. Believe me, DO NOT JUDGE BASS ON OPEN LISTEN.! Was the only aspect of the EST50 I was a bit concerned with but I had faith things will change and lo n behold they have. More on this later. Burn in is highly recommended/ required.
Hello,

Can I ask you what is your main bass tracks for sub bass :)
?

I just received my Empire Ears Valkyrie MKII ...i am also curious if there is a comparison between EST50 and Valkyrie MKII or Legend X (or soon EVO):)

Sep 12, 2021 at 7:45 PM Post #2,922 of 5,044
Could you compare the Land with the EST50
EST50 has a more L shaped FR meaning it is a bass enhanced earphone with good even mids and an extended treble range, only catch on the EST50 is they require burn in and gotta find the right tips to go with that big sound.

LAND is more of U shaped FR meaning it is treble and bass with the broad mid range what takes a slight step back from the treble and bass. Has the wider stage and a bit more fleshed out treble with more emphasis vs the EST50. EST50 has a bit more emphasis for bass vs the LAND and has a touch more sub bass presence as well. Both are good at what they do. LANDs require an aftermarket cable as the included one does not optimize the LAND so that will add to the cost of the LAND. The EST50 sounds great with the Included ISN S8 cable.

Both earphones represent great values in their given price ranges.

Sep 12, 2021 at 7:53 PM Post #2,923 of 5,044
Hello,

Can I ask you what is your main bass tracks for sub bass :)
?

I just received my Empire Ears Valkyrie MKII ...i am also curious if there is a comparison between EST50 and Valkyrie MKII or Legend X (or soon EVO):)

Try these.

One of my fave for testing sub bass emphasis

This ones is an oldie but goodie to test out sub bass texture. Nothing like good old 808 sub bass.

Last edited:
Sep 12, 2021 at 8:03 PM Post #2,924 of 5,044
Hey at least you are getting the new FOTM even FOTY GK10 to keep you occupied till you get the EST50. Doesn't correct the wrong there but I think you will be surprised when you hear the GK10.

EST50 has a more L shaped FR meaning it is a bass enhanced earphone with good even mids and an extended treble range, only catch on the EST50 is they require burn in and gotta find the right tips to go with that big sound.

LAND is more of U shaped FR meaning it is treble and bass with the broad mid range what takes a slight step back from the treble and bass. Has the wider stage and a bit more fleshed out treble with more emphasis vs the EST50. EST50 has a bit more emphasis for bass vs the LAND and has a touch more sub bass presence as well. Both are good at what they do. LANDs require an aftermarket cable as the included one does not optimize the LAND so that will add to the cost of the LAND. The EST50 sounds great with the Included ISN S8 cable.

Thank you, I've recently purchased ISN H40 and have been listening to its transition through burn in. Unimpressed initially but I do certainly know burn is real. And today seems like they broke through WALL, but I still think has a bit more improvement. They make me forget about dissecting the music and just to enjoy it. Truly remarkable set, listening right now. Can't stop won't stop lol. So many choices in next step up in quality its been daunting. Looking at ISN EST50, Variations, Oracle and Land. Man these H40s sound good. If you like organic, lush, sound with clarity and nice sound stage do yourself a favor and pic up a set. Burn in, tip roll. Boom. Thanks for all the great Info and reviews!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back