ISN Earphones impression thread. New ISN NEO 3!
Jun 26, 2021 at 10:11 AM Post #2,492 of 5,044
So I'm looking for a little help/advice from people who actually own the est50. The isn 40 is still to this day one of my favorite iems. I have been looking for an upgrade for a while that does everything that it does but better/cleaner. The bass decay/that floor woofer effect does it for me. My concern is that a lot of people are comparing this IEM more towards the penon iems which i do not particularly enjoy. I've owned them all, except the volt, and while I agree they are very well built iems, the sound signature is not my preference. I've seen a few people mention the LAND as well. With all this being said I'm just wondering if I would be disappointed with the EST50 if I was looking for a true upgrade path to the isn 40? What would some other recommendations be?

Jun 26, 2021 at 10:22 AM Post #2,493 of 5,044
So I'm looking for a little help/advice from people who actually own the est50. The isn 40 is still to this day one of my favorite iems. I have been looking for an upgrade for a while that does everything that it does but better/cleaner. The bass decay/that floor woofer effect does it for me. My concern is that a lot of people are comparing this IEM more towards the penon iems which i do not particularly enjoy. I've owned them all, except the volt, and while I agree they are very well built iems, the sound signature is not my preference. I've seen a few people mention the LAND as well. With all this being said I'm just wondering if I would be disappointed with the EST50 if I was looking for a true upgrade path to the isn 40? What would some other recommendations be?

The Penon Globe is different from Orb in terms of technicality. They do however enjoy the same qualities in vocal reproduction which I think is the highlight and I enjoy the most. I liken the Globe to H40 more than the Orb, and I find the Globe better than H40. Both have immersive sound which encapsulates the listener. Details thrown abundantly though not a monster at that department and the tonality is like W shaped, well balanced, IMO. Fit is better for me too on the Globe. Not sure if the EST50 follows the same type of sound but I can imagine it having better potential by having dedicated sound bores per driver.

Jun 26, 2021 at 10:35 AM Post #2,494 of 5,044
The Penon Globe is different from Orb in terms of technicality. They do however enjoy the same qualities in vocal reproduction which I think is the highlight and I enjoy the most. I liken the Globe to H40 more than the Orb, and I find the Globe better than H40. Both have immersive sound which encapsulates the listener. Details thrown abundantly though not a monster at that department and the tonality is like W shaped, well balanced, IMO. Fit is better for me too on the Globe. Not sure if the EST50 follows the same type of sound but I can imagine it having better potential by having dedicated sound bores per driver.
Thank you for the reply. I think that is my concern though. I've owned the isn40, orb, and globe. And I'd rank them in that order for enjoyment. I know I'm probably in the minority and I'm not saying the H40 are better than the Globe because from a technical stand point they are not. I think my concern, from my experience, is the est50 is an upgraded globe not an upgraded isn40 from a sound signature standpoint, if that makes sense

Jun 26, 2021 at 11:30 AM Post #2,495 of 5,044
I agree here and the Orbs utilizing a single full range Sonion BA and 10mm dynamic. It is very much in line with Penon sound but with the newer Globes and now the EST50 both these are upgrades on the Orb tuning as reflected by their price points.

Orbs is what can be achieved using one of the best full range Sonion BAs and a great 10mm dynamic. The only real lacking aspect of the Orbs was treble extension and presence. With a pure silver cable the Orb sounds very complete and sound similar to the Globes actually.

Globes takes that sound design one step further and uses a dedicated BA for mids and adds a single BA for treble with that same dynamic.. EST50 even further fleshes out that sound design adding 2ESTs for upper treble and then adds a more stout dynamic for bass and you get a gradual step in sound design and ability.

Rose is a completely different tuning altogether. Folks that love the Rose QT-9 MK2 energetic sound signature.. The UBER upgraded version of these would be the Tansio Mirai LAND.
Damn!! That's what I wanted to know!!

Jun 26, 2021 at 12:35 PM Post #2,496 of 5,044

EST50 is like an upgrade globe. Somewhere between the Globe and the Volt sound tunings. If you want a bit more in the way of technical aspects with really good physical bass I know the LAND cost a bit more than the EST50 but you might consider the LAND instead.

But if your a fan of bass EST50 has some crazy bass especially sub bass. Think Globe mids even more dimensional treble with a bold bass end and that is essentially what the EST50 is. Which is not a bad thing. I think it is a step up from the H40 as well but if you like the more detailed/ technical oriented aspect of the H40 tuning and want something a bit different than what you have. Get yourself a LAND and be done with otherwise the EST40 is a supercharged H40, Orbs, Globes with a sound signature and ability approaching the flagship Volts for a bit over half the cost.

Last edited:
Jun 26, 2021 at 12:38 PM Post #2,497 of 5,044
EST50 is like an upgrade globe. Somewhere between the Globe and the Volt sound tunings. If you want a bit more in the way of technical aspects with really good physical bass I know the LAND cost a bit more than the EST50 but you might consider the LAND instead.

But if your a fan of bass EST50 has some crazy bass especially sub bass. Think Globe mids even more dimensional treble with a bold bass end and that is essentially what the EST50 is. Which is not a bad thing. I think it is a step up from the H40 as well but if you like the more detailed/ technical oriented aspect of the H40 tuning and want something a bit different than what you have. Get yourself a LAND and be done with otherwise the EST40 is a supercharged H40, Orbs, Globes with a sound signature and ability approaching the flagship Volts for less than half the cost.
Thank you for taking the time to reply. I think the LAND is more my taste so I'll look into them. Thanks

Jun 26, 2021 at 12:48 PM Post #2,498 of 5,044
Thank you for taking the time to reply. I think the LAND is more my taste so I'll look into them. Thanks
Advanced welcome to the family of LANDLORDS. I became one yesterday and I am loving every bit of it!

Jun 26, 2021 at 9:58 PM Post #2,499 of 5,044
Hi @Dsnuts , which one has smaller shell between EST50 and LAND?

Thanks

Jun 26, 2021 at 10:56 PM Post #2,500 of 5,044
They are both roughly the same size both in the medium large category in shell sizes but the LAND has a bit more bulk to it with a thicker nozzle.
EST50 has more of a odd bean shape the Land is more triangular.
DSC08243.JPG

Jun 28, 2021 at 6:23 AM Post #2,502 of 5,044
Just got mine. Doing trial listening as of typing.
Shell is small but a bit thicker. Fit is no problem. No, actually fit is really good.
No need for burn in, for now.
For the sound... how should I lay this down...
We're waiting...lay that mofo down!

Jun 28, 2021 at 8:23 AM Post #2,505 of 5,044
Let's just say I expected more?
but it's still early days
Fortunately I got lucky with LAND there...from the get go it simply blew me away. The name may be LAND but it makes me fly above the clouds when in play.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back