ISN Earphones impression thread. New ISN NEO 3!
Oct 9, 2021 at 9:57 AM Post #3,001 of 5,041
No way man... Seriously???
And I thought I was the biggest advocate of the H40s sound profile????????!!!!!!!
Been troubled lately about my next purchase coming in a month or two...
Variations or EST50???????
anything to contribute on this??

Yes, seriously.

I haven't heard the EST50, but by all accounts it's a continuation of the H40's signature.

The Variations would be far more complementary: very quick, clean, lean, energetic, and detail-oriented.

Last edited:
Oct 9, 2021 at 10:54 AM Post #3,002 of 5,041
Always better Mids w/ the E-pro...
E-PRO.jpg

Another Mids enhancer Tips to consider...
1633782990355.png
The Type E transparent - I recently discovered them, and they do indeed focus the mids a bit more. However, they also makes the stage a bit smaller...however, I am willing to make that sacrifice for a better mid with more listening comfort.

Oct 9, 2021 at 11:04 AM Post #3,003 of 5,041
The Type E transparent - I recently discovered them, and they do indeed focus the mids a bit more. However, they also makes the stage a bit smaller...however, I am willing to make that sacrifice for a better mid with more listening comfort.

Spot on. They narrow the stage - even on the (Final type-E) black tipped variety.
If our IEMs can generate a really wide staging, the sacrifice is worth it.
They give off the impression of added depth in the process...

Oct 12, 2021 at 8:10 PM Post #3,004 of 5,041
Yes. I just recently started really enjoying the EST50 now that they're burned in and paired the with the XELASTEC tips.

I found the EST50 superior (in terms of sound and FIT) for going to sleep with.

But the answer to your main question is that the EST50 can't come near the LX in terms of bass impact.
So for you, if I had the choice between the LX and the ISN EST50, I should choose the LX in order to have the biggest impact in the sub bass and bass area ? I mean the more fun would be the LX ?!

Oct 13, 2021 at 4:07 PM Post #3,005 of 5,041
So for you, if I had the choice between the LX and the ISN EST50, I should choose the LX in order to have the biggest impact in the sub bass and bass area ? I mean the more fun would be the LX ?!
In my opinion the LX is definitely more fun. The EST50 is more of an all-arounder. The LX is a specialty IEM for bass.

Oct 14, 2021 at 2:15 AM Post #3,007 of 5,041
From the ISN FB page:
1634192109550.png

(ctto)
In 2019, we produced the H40, 3BA+1DD hybrid IEM. The H40 can compete with the US$400 IEM in the market. A year later, we started to develop the H50. We made several samples and the sound was very good, but it couldn't be better when compared with the H40. We reconsidered that to surpass the H40, the H50 sound must reach US$500. After a year of research and development, we finally did it.
Descripition
Handmade resin shell
Stainless steel nozzle
4 Balanced Armature+1 Dynamic Driver Hybrid MMCX Detachable Audiophile IEMS
2BA for high frequency,2BA for middle frequency
10mm composite diaphragm Dynamic driver for bass
The composite diaphragm is a product made of high-pressure polyethylene as the main raw material and extruded and and formed into bubbles at a high temperature of about 230 degrees. It is a new type of plastic with light texture, good transparency, non-toxic and odorless,It has good shock absorption, impact resistance, heat sealability, enhances the rigidity and elasticity of low and middle frequencies, and improves the sensitivity of the speaker!
Specification
Model: H50
Driver: 4 Balanced Armature +1 Dynamic driver
4BA: 2BA for high frequency,2BA for middle frequency
1 Dynamic: 10mm composite diaphragm Dynamic driver for bass
Impedance: 25ohm
Sensitivity: 108dB
Frequency response: 20-20kHz
3 channels 3-way crossover
Connector: MMCX
Plug: Gold-plated
Cable length: 1.2M

Oct 22, 2021 at 1:52 PM Post #3,009 of 5,041
Just got my H40s in from Penon Audio 2.5 weeks after ordering which is pretty fast IMO. Listening to them now on my daily LG V60 phone with Soundcloud, so not the best audio quality, but I'm pleasantly surprised at how great they sound right out of the box. I am not used to a larger IEM body like this, but they are fairly comfortable so far. Do people usually recommend burn-in with these? Can't wait to listen to them tonight!

Oct 22, 2021 at 2:03 PM Post #3,010 of 5,041
Ya it is always advisable to run in an earphone especially with dynamics involved. With BAs on tap however I would jus throw them on some music playing at normal levels and let it play out for a week. The bass end will tighten up for you and this in turn gives better clarity to the mids and treble end. They do sound great out of the box, but they get even better over time.

Oct 22, 2021 at 2:16 PM Post #3,011 of 5,041
With BAs on tap however I would jus throw them on some music playing at normal levels and let it play out for a week.
Just for a week? I'd give them at least 1 month burn in with white noise on 80% volume. It's not just the drivers that need burn in but also cables and each requires specific time to sound right. But that's in case he doesn't own toaster oven, I use a toaster oven preheated to 450 to speed up the process so it's done in approx. 1 week.

He also can't use that garbage stock cable, he should treat them something better like Penon Flow or in similar price range.

I've also read on some french forum that sound stage was improved when there was cannabis oil mixed with coconut oil applied on the cable before each use.

Last edited:
Oct 22, 2021 at 2:42 PM Post #3,012 of 5,041
Just for a week? I'd give them at least 1 month burn in with white noise on 80% volume. It's not just the drivers that need burn in but also cables and each requires specific time to sound right. But that's in case he doesn't own toaster oven, I use a toaster oven preheated to 450 to speed up the process so it's done in approx. 1 week.

He also can't use that garbage stock cable, he should treat them something better like Penon Flow or in similar price range.

I've also read on some french forum that sound stage was improved when there was cannabis oil mixed with coconut oil applied on the cable before each use.
What theeeeeeeeeeeee hahaha

Oct 22, 2021 at 2:52 PM Post #3,014 of 5,041
What theeeeeeeeeeeee hahaha
Hahahaha... Don't listen to that Penon employee recommending burn in and just enjoy your IEMs. Soon he'll start offering new cables. To this day, there wasn't any provided evidence that burn in changes anything. Only real thing is that your brain gets used to that sound. Put your H40 on and enjoy and don't bother how many hours are in it. :wink:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back