Is there anyone here that HAPPY with his headphones ?!
Aug 11, 2008 at 12:02 AM Post #46 of 109
being content is boring.

if i had to, i could live with a very small system consisting of a DAP and a reasonably priced amp and headphone, but what fun would that be? experimentation, variety, and excess are the key components of this hobby.

Aug 11, 2008 at 12:20 AM Post #47 of 109
I'm very happy with what I have and am not looking to change up at all. That said, I do wonder at times what headphones X Y or Z sounds like and whether they would entice me enough to drop what I have and change up.

Some phones I'm very interested in listening to:

Sennheiser HE90 (I would want to try first with the HE90V before testing with anything else)

AKG K1000 (likely with a Cary 300SEI)

Sony Qualia (I'll drive them with what I have on hand)

Not much else is out there that I haven't tried or that I am interested in trying. I've had the R10's and Omega II's before and although they were nice, they weren't my thing compared to what I have now. Still, if I had unlimited funds (or merely a lot more) I would buy those. Now then, I am always interested in better turn tables, different arms, better CD/SACD players etc...I don't know if that will ever change
biggrin.gif

Aug 11, 2008 at 12:58 AM Post #49 of 109
Quote:

Originally Posted by vcoheda /img/forum/go_quote.gif
being content is boring.

Bingo!

I enjoy receiving a new, high end pair of headphones or amp or dac in the mail more than I do listening to the music. LOL!

I just sold the CD3000 which I know I will regret, but it's time to move on to something new. It is one part of the hobby that keeps things interesting.

All I have to say is THANK GOD for the for sale forum, or else I wouldn't be able to keep up.
biggrin.gif

Aug 11, 2008 at 1:28 AM Post #52 of 109
I'm quite happy with my NC60's - yet I'm still thinking about picking up a set of SR-60s, for those times when I want to rock out. They seem to be a good way to determine if I like the Grado sound without shelling out too many zorkmids. However, my usual listening environment isn't well-suited to open headphones, with a noisy server that I can't stash out of the way. No, I don't feel like ripping it apart and buying a bunch of expensive super-quiet fans and such.

Aug 11, 2008 at 1:47 AM Post #53 of 109
My UE Triple-fi's completely satisf y my headphone need 99% of the time However, hearing the differences in all the different brands and models has become a hobby for me now. It makes me continue to examine what I consider the ultimate sound. I'm happy to report that for me, the triple-fi are standing up to all comers.

Aug 11, 2008 at 2:47 AM Post #54 of 109
I was totally happy and content with my HD650/M^3 setup with my UM1s for portable. Then I moved into a 1 bedroom place with my now wife and it's too noisy all the time for open headphones (with her on the tv/comp + street noise). Right now I'm settling with a500s for closed and comfortable until we can move and I can get a quiet room to enjoy some open senns again.

Aug 11, 2008 at 2:50 AM Post #55 of 109
I love my ESW9s but I still wonder how other headphones sound. I can be both happy and curious, right?

Aug 11, 2008 at 3:49 AM Post #56 of 109
I'm perfectly happy plugging my Denon AH-D2000's into my Macbook (with Lossless audio files of course)... and that will be my sole music listening setup for a few years yet until I'm out of Uni and have my own house where I can invest in a proper stereo setup.

Still toying around with the idea of buying a DAC/amp, the only reason why I still visit these forums to be honest
smily_headphones1.gif
but it's probably not worth the money.

If you're always on the lookout for something better, you'll never find time to enjoy the music. Just suck it up and make do with the best you can afford at the time, and only upgrade when the old equipment is shagged.

Aug 11, 2008 at 3:53 AM Post #57 of 109
In my experience,when i was new here - i was never happy.

but as time passes by( also gear and money) and you have tried different gear,headphones,sources. then you develop the sense of what you want and then you stop craving and get content .

but of course there are people who are never happy.

Aug 11, 2008 at 4:06 AM Post #58 of 109
At my desk i have HD580s, for portable/isolation use i have Denon D1001s. Being a poor college student, i dont think i will be buying any more headphones for a long time (maybe some iems). I have no urge to upgrade. However, i am still saving for an amp...

Aug 11, 2008 at 7:55 PM Post #60 of 109
Quote:

Originally Posted by analogbox /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'm perfectly happy with what I got right now, especially the HD600. I does everything right with the kind of music I listen to. But that is just my sentiment towards HD600. I don't believe it's the technically perfect headphone and that's where the other headphones come in. I don't expect them to replace the phone I'm perfectly happy with, but rather, compliment it by filling the holes where HD600 can't fill in.

HD600's are my favorite regardless of how many I've tryed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back