Is there anyone here that HAPPY with his headphones ?!
Aug 10, 2008 at 3:41 PM Post #17 of 109
Quote:

Originally Posted by mrdeadfolx /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I can safely say I am totally happy with my headphones, and entire setup, and have zero plans to change anything until new and upgraded models of what I already own come out.

So if they came out with a UE12 would your wallet take the hit? And would it survive?
tongue_smile.gif

Aug 10, 2008 at 4:35 PM Post #19 of 109
Quote:

Originally Posted by Cool_Torpedo /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I think that being happy with your setup and being deluded thinking it's perfect are different things.

Since I own no perfect headphones, I use them depending on my mood, the music I like to listen or to refresh my ears. Despite I know none is perfect and none would fill all my needs, I'm quite happy with the system and its versatility.

Rgrds

x2

I couldn't have said it any better.
bigsmile_face.gif

Aug 10, 2008 at 4:41 PM Post #20 of 109
Cool Torpedo nailed it. That said, I'm extremely happy with my current headphones and systems. That's not to say I won't poke around with changing things. I will. That's the hobby side to all of this. I'm perpetually curious, and why not? Wanting to experience changes doesn't always indicate dissatisfaction. A new flavor here or there or even an all-out upgrade is always interesting. Music is wonderful. Gear is fun. Enjoy what you can.

Aug 10, 2008 at 4:48 PM Post #21 of 109
Quote:

Originally Posted by a1joe507 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
And why only the masculine pronoun in your post title? Don't want to leave anyone out. :)

Ditto! 'Guys' aren't the only ones into music and gear.
tongue.gif

I've got a few headphones I am very pleased with for most of my music styles but I also have a few that don't make me happy because I find them personally limited to certain music or gear.

For analytical listening I like my MB-Quarts. Years ago I relied on my Koss PortaPro but over time they have become extremely bassy. The Senn PX100's are nice on the laptop being relatively clean and having a decent range on bass, mids and highs. But I wouldn't compare any of these to some others I have worked with over the years, it just depended on the circumstances at the time. Example: Spending thirty plus days recording nothing but special effects sounds for a playhouse .. I was starting to hear gorillas in my sleep .. but the Koss worked well in this for me because of their good sound and great portability. I even sat on them a few times on accident and no damage at all .. gotta love that!

Aug 10, 2008 at 5:01 PM Post #22 of 109
Quote:

Originally Posted by DocHamm /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Ditto! 'Guys' aren't the only ones into music and gear.
tongue.gif

Although, the other day, I was telling my new flatmate ( a female) about the audio equipment that I had, and when I was just about finished listing the components, she just sort of laughed and said, "that's such a guy thing to do, trying to perfect something out of a host of components. Ha!"

I just stared blankly. :-

Aug 10, 2008 at 5:04 PM Post #23 of 109
I have only 4 mid-level headphones. I'm very happy with all of them...otherwise they would have been sold. I can't leave out the honorable ER4. I feel that none of my headphones sound alike which was my intention...I think I've made wise choices.

I go by mood mostly as to which headphone I pick up...also music genre plays a fair part.

Aug 10, 2008 at 5:09 PM Post #25 of 109
just one headphone? why, when i can have a whole harem?

Aug 10, 2008 at 5:26 PM Post #26 of 109
Very happy with my recabled 650s....was considering selling them at some point for a grado...however i came to my sense and just knew that i would end up back to the 650, so i decide to keep them and be happy.

Amp and source i would like to upgrade soon....thinking balanced, however havent ruled out a SE amp/source.

Aug 10, 2008 at 5:31 PM Post #27 of 109
I am totally enamoured of my SR60s. I love the sound of them, and they're my favoured all around cans. The Bose OE's have pretty much gone in the drawer and been forgotten.

Sonically, my Super.fi 5 Pros are the best but they are just too uncomfortable to wear for extended periods, and the soundstage isn't as open as the SR60s which I've really learned to appreciate. I may consider a move up the Grado line, but for now, I'm ecstatically happy with the SR60s.

Aug 10, 2008 at 5:49 PM Post #28 of 109
I'm perfectly happy with my setup right now, of course that does not imply that I will keep on trying different new ones....you never know when somthing is gonna be more your cup of tea, my only beef with the Editions is comfort and not sound, so yes I'm happy....
L3000.gif

Aug 10, 2008 at 5:54 PM Post #30 of 109
Quote:

Originally Posted by a1joe507 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
And why only the masculine pronoun in your post title? Don't want to leave anyone out.

:)

Because "his" in standard usuage includes everyone, but you know that or did you inject your POV to elevate our awareness?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back