Is there anyone here that HAPPY with his headphones ?!
Aug 10, 2008 at 5:57 PM Post #31 of 109
Quote:

Originally Posted by Cool_Torpedo /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I think that being happy with your setup and being deluded thinking it's perfect are different things.

Since I own no perfect headphones, I use them depending on my mood, the music I like to listen or to refresh my ears. Despite I know none is perfect and none would fill all my needs, I'm quite happy with the system and its versatility.

Rgrds

Same here. Being happy need not imply thinking one has found perfection.

Cheers,

Aug 10, 2008 at 7:03 PM Post #34 of 109
Quote:

Originally Posted by troymadison /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I would say that the AKG K1000 is a perfect headphone.

I loved my K1000's...but I sold them because, in my house, in my listening environment, they were not a perfect headphone. Too open...they require (to a lesser degree) the sort of listening environment that one needs for speakers. So, for me, they were (sadly) NOT a perfect headphone.
frown.gif

Aug 10, 2008 at 8:00 PM Post #35 of 109
I am am very happy with my headphones. But I am in no way saying that they are perfect and I don't look out for other alternatives...

Aug 10, 2008 at 10:01 PM Post #38 of 109
Yeah I'm happy with my phones. They allow me to listen to the music with sufficient detail, which is after all what it's all about. But then again I'm a musician and not a gear collector.
smile_phones.gif

Aug 10, 2008 at 10:25 PM Post #39 of 109
I am very happy with my headphones. Their response is almost completely neutral, and all of the other characteristics like speed, detail and comfort are excellent. I have absolutely no desire to upgrade.

Aug 10, 2008 at 10:25 PM Post #40 of 109
I'd say 80% of portable mp3 users are perfectly happy with their $20 earphones.

Aug 10, 2008 at 10:56 PM Post #42 of 109
Cool Torpedo said it best. Quite happy with what I have, but I'm always considering alternatives which either sound different than what I have or improve upon my modest collection. I don't think I could be happy with only one pair of headphones.

Aug 10, 2008 at 11:04 PM Post #43 of 109
I'm happy with my headphones.

I don't chase an ideal and am aware that one doesn't exist. The different headphones and other gear are more like different personalities. Much more like having a circle of friends you enjoy rather than obsessing over finding the one, perfect friend. You're better off with the group and enjoying the best each has to offer.

Aug 10, 2008 at 11:54 PM Post #45 of 109
I'm extremely happy with my HD580s, especially given that I only paid $150 for them. The sound is absolutely fantastic and has plenty of room to improve as I upgrade the rest of my rig.

Now just to improve the amp/source...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back