Is there anyone here that HAPPY with his headphones ?!
Aug 12, 2008 at 4:34 PM Post #77 of 109
Yes, I would say my Ultrasone HFI-780,I really happy with them. Enjoying them alot to.

Aug 12, 2008 at 4:42 PM Post #78 of 109
Different phones for different music and moods...generally though, I LOVE my HD650's for almost everything. Are they perfect? No. Is there anything fundamentally "wrong" with them? No. They may be great for say, Stevie Ray Vaughn, but if I suddenly change my mood, and go techno or death metal, I tend to move over to the Denons. Sometimes I like the Senns better, sometimes the Denons. I constantly waffle between which I like more, but am I happy with both? Yes. Unless I finally get a set of HE90's and upgrade everything there is to upgrade (and I mean every single resistor, capacitor, bit of wire, EVERYTHING), I don't think I'll ever be fully satisfied, but I'm at the point where I love the way my system sounds, and dont think I need to do anything to it for a loooooong time.

Aug 12, 2008 at 4:48 PM Post #79 of 109
WalkGood happy mon, even though I could use a few more
L3000.gif

Aug 12, 2008 at 5:16 PM Post #80 of 109
I'm perfectly happy with my main phones ATH-AD700, not saying that they're perfect but there's nothing that bothers me about their sound.

No real complaints about my EP-630's for portable use either but I'm less picky when it comes to "on the go"-phones.

Aug 12, 2008 at 8:13 PM Post #81 of 109
I think I'm pretty happy with what I got. I've been using a pair of SR-60's I bought from a fellow Head-Fier here 2 years ago. I always worried I'd want to keep upgrading, but I think I'm happy enough to use them for the rest of my life! That's why I haven't posted here in a long time
tongue.gif

Of course, if I had 500 bucks to spend on headphones I'd make some Senn 650's my main headphones.

Aug 12, 2008 at 9:52 PM Post #83 of 109
I am happy with my setup. At the same time, I know that someone else at Head-Fi will opine that my setup sucks, possibly without having heard it. That's what makes Head-Fi at times somewhat frustrating. Generally, though, I hunt down the opinions of forum members who have been around a long time, go to a lot of meets, are hard-core into this hobby, and are willing to occassionally bite the bullet to buy gear that is new to the market. I tend to hold their opinions in pretty high regard. (And it is also one of the reasons that the meet impressions section of Head-Fi tends to be more informative to me than some of the other sections.)

Aug 13, 2008 at 1:17 AM Post #84 of 109
Honestly speaking, I am only 'happy' with one headphone in my inventory. I bought it almost 5 years ago! I don't even know what the model number is but it is a Sony earbud. It's with me literally everywhere I go.

Everything else is just a welcomed addition thus far

Sep 7, 2008 at 3:20 PM Post #86 of 109
Unfortunately, I have had a taste of the R10 and a set of Orpheus copies from a Woo electrostat....

I can never be satisfied again.

that being said. I think that my setup is just about as you could possibly do in a "budget" setup.

$120 soundcard, $250 Source, $300 CDP, $125 AMP (if done yourself), Recabled headphones (done yourself)

My Portable setup is about as good as anyone could possibly achieve (without looking ridiculous walking down the street).

Sep 7, 2008 at 3:39 PM Post #87 of 109
I'm quite happy with the sound of mine Sennheiser 650. I do not know, whether it for a long time?
smile.gif

Sep 7, 2008 at 4:27 PM Post #88 of 109
Koss PortaPro + KSC-75 + KSC-35 for portables depending on which I feel like
JVC HA-FX 66 for flight noise isolation
Koss A130 for home listening

I think I'm fairly happy with my setup for right now, and don't expect upgraditis to hit for a while now.

Sep 7, 2008 at 4:32 PM Post #89 of 109
For headphones, yes I am quite satisfied. The DX1000 as my #1 and the HD580 as my #2 is a very nice pairing that doesn't leave a whole lot to be desired.

Now sources are a different matter...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back