Is there anyone here that HAPPY with his headphones ?!
Sep 7, 2008 at 7:05 PM Post #91 of 109
I'm very happy with my headphones and amp. The journey is pretty much over for these two aspects of my setup. Unfortunately, I have heard these with a better source than my Duet, so I know my setup can sound better than what I have right now. I also have some analog plans for the future, but my wallet isn't ready yet.
o2smile.gif

Sep 7, 2008 at 7:19 PM Post #92 of 109
I am extremely happy with my k-501 and HD-580. The itch to upgrade is gone. I want to hear the HD650 and some Stax stuff but I am not willing to buy them. These two headphones just do it for me and it doesn't make any sense to keep trying other headphones if I have already found two pair that I absolutely love.

Now ask me the same question about amps....

I will admit that part of the reason I am not into buying anymore headphones is because after I buy a fully upgraded Woo audio 6 I am going to start building a 2 channel speaker system and then a HT.

Sep 8, 2008 at 12:33 AM Post #93 of 109
mac pro -> 0404 usb -> k701 or DT770 or hd25-1
mac pro -> 0404 usb -> GLite -> HD650
iPhone 3g -> Shure SE420
iPhone 3g/macbook pro -> Creative T20 -> Beyer DT250-80 or hd25-1

Happy.

The setups are perfect enough.

Sep 8, 2008 at 4:49 AM Post #96 of 109
I'm extremely happy with my AD700s. I just can't seem to get happy with a pair of IEMs the same way.

I am teetering on the edge of either going all the way and getting customs, or just forgetting about the whole portable upgrade path and getting something relatively inexpensive (but still good).

Sep 8, 2008 at 5:31 PM Post #98 of 109
I recently got the Ed9s which I wanted for a long time so qua (dynamic) headphones I am absolutely done here and more than happy (maybe a recable in the future though).
When talking amps there (luckily) still are some desires to be met in the future
smily_headphones1.gif

Sep 8, 2008 at 6:07 PM Post #99 of 109
im quite satisfied with 435, until just this afternoon i auditioned the eh-350 which is way better... ill sell my 435 first and buy the eh-350....i think im gonna stick with it for a while till i come to auditioned higher models again... i never buy headphones when i ddnt listen to it first
wink.gif

Sep 8, 2008 at 6:52 PM Post #100 of 109
I am truly happy with my Prism Sound Orpheus > RudiStor RXP-33 > Edition 9. At times I still can't believe the sound that's coming out of this setup, and I work in a recording studio.

Edit: I'm less happy about my Blue Jeans cables though.

Sep 8, 2008 at 6:54 PM Post #101 of 109
Yep, I am really happy with my setup, especially using the HD650. Rolling tubes, rockin' out and having a blast! My music collection does not get much rest these days.

Sep 8, 2008 at 7:09 PM Post #103 of 109
I am very happy with my new version Grado RS-2s, and despite the general consensus here, I enjoy them with all types of music and find them very comfortable. I think there is an underlying dissatisfaction here because it is the journey that is part of the point of this site. I have owned about 10 pairs of headphones along the way, buying many used and reselling for the same price or more. But for me it is important to get back to the real point of headphones, listening not for subtle differences but to music that you love.

Sep 8, 2008 at 7:34 PM Post #104 of 109
I am extremely happy with my HD600s, which is odd because when I bought them (after owning their bigger brothers, the 650 which I never truly 100% got in with) I felt it a bit of a gamble, but nevertheless, one which I was prepared to take given the amount of folks who felt that they preferable in many ways.

I feel absolutely confident that these are the headphones for me. For my budget and needs, they are as good as it gets. Its a satisfying feeling to feel like you've achieved your audio goal.

Sep 8, 2008 at 8:20 PM Post #105 of 109
I love my UM2 even though its mid and high are not quite well compare to SE500,which I once had.But it's always fun to listen.
So I love UM2

Users who are viewing this thread

Back