Is new iPod Classic really that bad?
Feb 9, 2010 at 7:44 PM Post #16 of 49
Quote:

Originally Posted by grawk /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Not everyone agrees the sonys sounds better. Sony has a history of manipulating the sound to be more pleasing for some music at the expense of accuracy.

You sir, are a doofus. It's the accuracy of my Sony X that most pleases me.
icon10.gif

Jul 12, 2010 at 9:38 AM Post #21 of 49

Quote:
Quote:

Originally Posted by grawk /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Not everyone agrees the sonys sounds better. Sony has a history of manipulating the sound to be more pleasing for some music at the expense of accuracy.

You sir, are a doofus. It's the accuracy of my Sony X that most pleases me.
icon10.gif

I've heard your Sony. One word. Coloured.
beerchug.gif

Jul 12, 2010 at 10:11 AM Post #22 of 49
The latest Classic (2009 149GiB) is best sounding iPod for me. The older Classic seem to lack detail and tranparency. Have heard the stock 5th, 5.5 gens didn't like them, they were too warm and muddy.

Jul 13, 2010 at 6:07 AM Post #25 of 49
Hi all sony\apple fanboys
Here is my observation after 3years of DAP phobia
- Touch 3g is the best sounding apple player 
- Ipod 5.5g\ nano4g\ classic 7g sound very synthetic & artificial
- Touch 3g possess the best treble of any Daps
- Bass on Touch 3g is very tight although synthetic
- Sony players have got the timbre to the sound that no sansa\apple\samsung has.
- Sony has got the best midrange.
- Sony loses on soundstage to the touch
- no apple has the same depth to music as much as the sony & the sony dosent have the same treble as the touch 3g; in fact its rolled off.
As far as coloured sound goes, who on earth can claim their setup to be non coloured.
AS far as processed sound goes it applies to all Apples\sonys\sansas
ipod classics are heavily processed, touch 3g for bass & recessed mids, sony for extreme lower bass
Model used for sony is A726

Jul 13, 2010 at 6:54 AM Post #27 of 49
@herokid
Sorry
But my room mate agrees to this.
So that makes two of us & did you hold any online survey meanwhile?

Jul 13, 2010 at 3:06 PM Post #28 of 49
i prefer nokia 5800 SQ than the iPod Classic 80GB from 2007
idk but the SQ on the 5800 is just better EQ'd or not

Jul 13, 2010 at 5:49 PM Post #29 of 49
 @oyster
I'm with you in that touch 3g sounds the best. I just did an AB test at a shop, so my impression may be incorrect. Anyway, though classic latest had tighter bass, it seemed to be  missing the soft flow and balanced tonality touch 3g has. (But Classic latest was better than nano latest, whose sound was a bit fatiguing IMO.)

By the way, have you tried the two via an amp (with LO)? I hear classic has good potentiality with an amp. If they sound the same through LO, I would go for Classic! (maybe ver. 2010)

Jul 13, 2010 at 5:57 PM Post #30 of 49
FWIW I have had very good results with the 7G classic through LOD. My other points of reference are the headphone out, older Classics, the new Nano, and the uDac's headphone out

Users who are viewing this thread

Back