Irrelevant
Jun 18, 2023 at 11:37 AM Post #16 of 23
You only included a very small portion of the response from customer support. You should have included the full email chain as there is a lot more to this. I read the 15+ emails and saw the pics. You even stated in one of the emails that there is some wire damage. They definitely don't look like they were lightly dropped, there is some pretty significant damage in multiple places like something was dropped on them or they were stepped on.

I also liked the part of your email where you said you are well known and threatened to call us out if we didn't handle it exactly like you wanted us to.
He lightly dropped them after slamming them in the car door.

Jun 19, 2023 at 2:16 PM Post #18 of 23
While I can understand the frustration of damaging a very valuable IEM, I would be upset as well, this thread is a feeble attempt at coercion and I have no sympathy for people that do that.

Yeah, that's really what this thread boils down to. It's sadly a little too obvious that OP is trying to cherry pick everything to make the community side with him but it's backfiring hard.

The odyssey is similar to Odin at $3400. That AK did a promotional package that you took advantage of is not the issue here. What they did was break up a fresh pair to send you one channel. To get their pricing, they had a large run made to achieve economy of scale and ordering a single replacement now would cost them as much as odin to acquire. Of course they won't return the defective one. Replacement discounts, and you got one, always means losing the broken device so that it can't be misrepresented later. Had you sent both, it's possible they would have sent you a fresh pair for the same amount but it was going to be $1700 either way. Of course they have no interest in broken, recobbled devices on the market, tampering with their stellar reputation.

Very logical explanation.

Just a heads up that your tirade got me to pull the trigger on a new A&K ACRO CA1000T. Thanks!

You guys have a great sense of humor!

Jul 30, 2023 at 7:00 PM Post #19 of 23
Just a heads up that your tirade got me to pull the trigger on a new A&K ACRO CA1000T. Thanks!
Yeah, that's really what this thread boils down to. It's sadly a little too obvious that OP is trying to cherry pick everything to make the community side with him but it's backfiring hard.

Very logical explanation.

You guys have a great sense of humor!
Not at all no one needs to side with me nor am I trying to use it against them or fight. I was wrong and that I can admit. You are all adults and not stupid and i dont want or need anyone to believe me. I never told him that I didnt break them but I thought there was a defect but I heard back from them after they were inspected and looked at my pics of them closely and see that it appears to be some type of lacquer or sticker so that is my bad but I guess my eyesight isnt as good as it was.

They dropped the repair fee to $900. Paid it same day that is fair enough no problem. Charging me MSRP and keeping the damaged unit is a bit much is it not ? Or do you all like to get ****ed out of your money pay for a new unit and hand over the old one and dont care? I dont like to give up my hard earned money even though I do well but why pay full price if I am giving them that unit too? I try to avoid getting suckered but I revised the post.

Jul 30, 2023 at 7:02 PM Post #21 of 23
I didnt drop them hard have had a few Empire Ears IEMS but the shell did crack, odd that my 3 other pairs took many more harder drops but ya I mean if you crack the shell it looks like that regardless of how hard you drop it. Doesnt matter if tossed from 50ft or 10ft a cracked shell will look the same.

Jul 30, 2023 at 9:51 PM Post #22 of 23
How you liking it? Seems a bit mid tier but I would buy it if it sounds good.
It is really spectacular! It has triple duty as doing what it is supposed to do itself, as well as being a streamer for a Warwick Bravura and Chord TT2/Mscaler. It can hold it’s own against the Chord stack. I can’t imagine another device that is that flexible and sounds as good.

Jan 19, 2024 at 9:55 PM Post #23 of 23
It is really spectacular! It has triple duty as doing what it is supposed to do itself, as well as being a streamer for a Warwick Bravura and Chord TT2/Mscaler. It can hold it’s own against the Chord stack. I can’t imagine another device that is that flexible and sounds as good.
Cool, enjoy mate.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back