iPod Classic!
Sep 17, 2007 at 7:05 PM Post #241 of 278
I can't believe how many video podcasts, films, and lossless music I've put on so far .. and I've still only used 15 gig
smily_headphones1.gif

Sep 17, 2007 at 7:49 PM Post #242 of 278
my current 80gb has 12 games and the rest is music. I have 300mb free space.

Sep 18, 2007 at 3:41 AM Post #243 of 278
Seriously considering a classic 80GB right now. I'll need to buy an add on to get line out won't I?

Sep 18, 2007 at 4:22 AM Post #244 of 278
I just loaded 2,500 classic animated cartoons on my 160 and it's only half full. Amazing.

See ya
Steve

Sep 18, 2007 at 5:42 AM Post #245 of 278
well I managed to get a black 160gb ipod classic this evening. I also found some wonderful software called Ipod 2 Ipod that is currently cloning my 80gb ipod content to my new 160gb ipod with no real work on my behalf. Talk about a fantastic time savor. Worth every penny in my book. I was really not looking forward to preparing all the music again. It should be done transfering all 79.3gb in a few hours. Will report back tomorrow if there are any issues with this software.

Sep 18, 2007 at 9:28 AM Post #247 of 278
yup 0 songs. damn. and no compiler here.

Sep 18, 2007 at 10:48 AM Post #248 of 278
Quote:

Originally Posted by MrFaust /img/forum/go_quote.gif
yup 0 songs. damn. and no compiler here.

If you can hold off till tomorrow I might be able to build an executable for you. Got access to Visual Studio at work. I guess you could just manually update in that time though. Up to you.

Sep 18, 2007 at 1:19 PM Post #251 of 278
Quote:

Originally Posted by bluey_02 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
MrFaust that is exactly what I've been looking for, or at least the other programs available at that website. Thanks a million.

well that program doesn't seem to work. I transfered the library from my 80gb to my 160gb but my 160gb reported NO MUSIC. I managed to get another program for iPod Access for Windows and copied all of my music from my ipod to a portable usb drive then then loaded that into iTunes and am currently loading it onto the new 160gb iPod. It's still less work that reripping all those cds again.

Sep 19, 2007 at 1:09 PM Post #253 of 278
Why in the world do you need to go to all that trouble to get your music & videos on your new iPod? You do realize that iTunes will (ok, should) just recopy & sync all of your music, videos, photos, playlists, etc onto your new iPod. Just plug the new iPod into your PC/Mac with your iTunes collection and it'll sync it all over just as it did with your old iPod. No weird iPod-to-iPod copy programs needed, and you most certainly don't need to re-rip all of your CD's.

blink.gif

Quote:

Originally Posted by MrFaust /img/forum/go_quote.gif
well that program doesn't seem to work. I transfered the library from my 80gb to my 160gb but my 160gb reported NO MUSIC. I managed to get another program for iPod Access for Windows and copied all of my music from my ipod to a portable usb drive then then loaded that into iTunes and am currently loading it onto the new 160gb iPod. It's still less work that reripping all those cds again.

Sep 19, 2007 at 1:59 PM Post #254 of 278
That doesn't work, BigStig, for those of us who have iTunes libraries that are much larger than any iPod, even the 160gb, can hold
smily_headphones1.gif

Sep 19, 2007 at 2:14 PM Post #255 of 278
Admittedly, my MP3 collection is small enough (24GB) that it all fits quite nicely on my new 80GB Classic, so no 'content management' is needed.

However, I had a 2GB Nano for well over a year. iTunes certainly can manage libraries that are larger than the player. There is an option in iTunes to 'Sync only Checked songs', and then you just check the songs/albums/artists that you want to transfer. Playlists also work pretty well for controlling sync content.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Skylab /img/forum/go_quote.gif
That doesn't work, BigStig, for those of us who have iTunes libraries that are much larger than any iPod, even the 160gb, can hold
smily_headphones1.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back